Character
    Draconious
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Allow Pets to receive the effects of party buffs

I urge the Dev team to re-evaluate their stance on this.

Changing it so pet receive the same buffs as there party members would help with game balance on higher tier content. Pet jobs have, for as long as i can remember, been much less desirable in end game content. The inability to do as much damage over time as any other damage dealing jobs often leaves pet jobs behind.

Part of problem is that players will receive boons that only affect the player. Because we are boosting the effectiveness of the player, the relative damage output of our pets becomes near insignificant. The buffs that are designed for pets do not result in the same added damage output as those that are cast on their masters. Pet jobs are also usually in the same party as jobs without pets and would make no sense to cast boons for pets on these members.

What should we do about boons for pets?
    I see this as a simple thing, leave them alone for those that want their pets to receive the slight added benefit over regular buffs.

Why is this a good solution?
    In the flow of battle support jobs can easily change their boon depending on the situation required. If less accuracy is required, they can focus their buff on increasing damage output.
    This increases the damage potential while in a party while leaving the the solo play unchanged.
    More incentive to keep our friends alive.

What about Curing? Wouldn't that make pets Over Powered?
    Short answer: Not for Pup. I don't know about drg, bst or smn and would like to hear from their communities. But most likely not.
    Anyone familiar with end game content these days know that almost all Boss Monsters have some sort of area of effect damage and/or debuff. This often result in the loss of the pets. These battles are designed to keep that excitement up for our healing job members. Repair and Maintenance cannot keep up with the fast level gameplay. Repair is not enough to keep a Valoredge alive while tanking an NM.

If the dev team are serious about having the Valoredge be a viable tank in end game content. We need the ability to cast cure on it, remove debuff, and allow buff that help keep it alive.

Our healing members cannot see that HP of out companions. this leaves our healing job abilities still useful. Most healers cannot pay attention to pets as the players are considered far more important. This leaves out abilities to help out our companions when they are in dire need.

I would love hear the communities thoughts on this, please try and be constructive on how to improve FFXI~ Thank you.

tldr; qq pup sucks, please fix
    (7)

Yes please. This is long overdue.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html