Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Niyariko
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Please make it so that the forum don't auto logoff

I am one of those users who need to use the security token to login every time, it is very troublesome to request a token code to login every hour or so. My token is not always with me. Please have an option to allow user stay login even the browser is closed.

It is very troublesome as well to use the forum on a mobile phone if I need to use the token every time to make a post, I don't carry my token with me when I go out.

thank you for your time.
    (0)
    recently returned player

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    fully agree,

I keep forgetting and close my browser and have to log back in and even though it's secure it's annoying lol makes me regret buying the thing

Quote Originally Posted by Niyariko View Post
    I am one of those users who need to use the security token to login every time, it is very troublesome to request a token code to login every hour or so. My token is not always with me. Please have an option to allow user stay login even the browser is closed.

It is very troublesome as well to use the forum on a mobile phone if I need to use the token every time to make a post, I don't carry my token with me when I go out.

thank you for your time.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Character
    Chaosi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    subscribed! Hate having to relog every now and then. I just want to open the forum and start reading/posting.
    (0)

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Agreed a thousand fold. I did not even close my browser, I just went to a few different sites and was logged out.
    I love the idea of using our Square-Enix accounts to log in but not remaining logged in on the same machine makes the forums nearly unusable.
    (0)

I would like to see changes to this feature as well. I realize that the automatic log out may be for added security (for example, you log in from a local cafe and forget to log out, or use a shared PC with others who may be able to access your forum account), but there is an easy solution for this.

Solution: In our settings panel, allow us to adjust (extend or turn off) the idle time between automatic forum log outs, additionally adding an option to save these settings for current IP address only (so if you log in from a local cafe but forget to log out, the saved IP will not match with the current, and thus auto log out will occur at forums default time).
    (0)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Agreed. I dropped gf off at work, came home to find I was logged out for no reason.
    (0)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It auto logged me in the middle of a session. Please fix.
    (0)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Yekyaa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I just had to relogin again so that I could make a response post. Please allow us to adjust the idle time.
    I love the token, but the added security for the official forums is specifically annoying, at least with FFXI once I'm logged in, the session lasts as long as I want until I get disconnected.
    With forums, the auto-logout feature should be a disableable one, i.e.:
    (similar to the config settings (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, Off) for auto-logoff in-game)
    (0)

Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Yes, please.

I didn't realize the auto log-off was so soon. I was just reading a long post with its responses, and when I hit reply, I was already logged out and needed to pull out the good ol' security token again. I'm sure a few of us are the only ones who touch our computers/laptops/etc., I usually try to stay logged into any site I can FOREVERRR.
    (0)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There is no logical reason to require the use of the security token for a forum, having it tied to the access is a huge PITA and there should be a method in the user's profile to totally disable it and allow us to stay permanently logged on.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast