Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

ME.... TE....... OR?

I pose a question to my fellow Black Mages;

Do you use Meteor much, at all?
    I think that I have maybe gotten to use the spell with others maybe 4 times, one time was we got 6 of us together just to mess around with it in abyssea.

If you do use it how often do you get to use it with other blms? What kind of content do you use it in?

A plea to the Dev team: Please remove the Elemental Seal Requirement from Meteor. I would rather have it accessible with a long cooldown (like a JA) then have to use a JA to cast it when. :-3
    (1)

Player
    Never used it meaningfully. The problem isn't elemental seal, it's the fact you need so many BLMs for it to be useful. The only time it's been useful that I've seen is when you simply can't land anything else, such as Ra'Kaznar Skirmish Ironclad, as a last resort if a SC went off and it's @5% or something a BLM could finish it with Meteor, but you're talking some very rare instances...
    (4)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've only ever used it to dick around, never had a chance to cast with more than one blm, that said I haven't even been on blm in over a month so....
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Exactly my point, it is almost a worthless spell unless you just want to have fun. I really feel that the idea behind having it increase in power with more blm was a great idea, but now with very little content that supports more than a one or two BLMs I mean .. .. the awesomeness that is METEOR is lost... If it was made in to more of a JA like action I.E. having a very long recast timer but gave out the dmg that it should (10k+ with the right gear) I think it might be more useful. You may say "10k+!!! That is WAY to much" but if it was on a 10m recast timer (which is already is because of elemental seal btw unless you have it merited down) and you compare it to say a SAM spamming fugo (4-6k easy every time every 5-6 swings of their weapons) then 10k is not that much.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Exactly my point, it is almost a worthless spell unless you just want to have fun.
    Idk about anything else, but with a Geo present giving +MAB and -MDB, it nearly one shots Orthrus in Ra'kaznar skirmish.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Idk about anything else, but with a Geo present giving +MAB and -MDB, it nearly one shots Orthrus in Ra'kaznar skirmish.
    O'rly? That is most interesting information.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    With how many blms? On it's own it's not the strongest nuke iirc my numbers correctly and even fully pumped up with 6 it did a decent amount sorta but not really much more than them all using some ja spells
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    With how many blms?
    1. Think it does double damage to him, like how Chapuli, Behemoth, Acuex, and Yztarg all take double damage from certain spells (stone, stone, blizz and light, and blizz afaik) in there. Geo allows you to get some pretty ridiculous numbers on these mobs when timed right, 24k+ tier IVs while they're casting.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh that's right Cerb mobs take more from non elemental forgot about that.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I wanna take blm to skirmish even more now .. lmao
    soon my mythic will be ready and then it is going to be hell to pry it from my hands lmao
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast