Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    That doesn't really sound any better that getting 100 cp from a mob that gives 2,000 exp to me. Just less risky I guess?
    Less risky, you don't have to go dump merits as quickly (7.5 job points per 45 merits vs. 0.75 job points per 45 merits), and if you're going after CP solo in both cases, faster kills. (I'm not quite sure what the ratio in HP is between the 123ish mobs and the lv97-99 mobs, which is where the main difference in kill speed would be.)

I may have to check whether or not Toraimarai Canal is actually a viable place to farm CP for a party; there should be enough mobs to support a full party without a problem, and you'd be bounded by pull speed rather than kill speed.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    Less risky, you don't have to go dump merits as quickly (7.5 job points per 45 merits vs. 0.75 job points per 45 merits), and if you're going after CP solo in both cases, faster kills. (I'm not quite sure what the ratio in HP is between the 123ish mobs and the lv97-99 mobs, which is where the main difference in kill speed would be.)

I may have to check whether or not Toraimarai Canal is actually a viable place to farm CP for a party; there should be enough mobs to support a full party without a problem, and you'd be bounded by pull speed rather than kill speed.
    I don't know if I would really consider getting merits slower a benefit. Killing faster vs waiting on repops is sort of a wash in my book too.
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I solo Job points on Twitherym mobs in Moh gates on my BLU, get around 450-600 CP a mob if not using ring and around 2400 exp. There are 6 mobs in the small room where I camp, their respawn rate is pretty high so I never have to wait on repops.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2