Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Allow Reives to grant Capacity Points

Reives grant EXP and Bayld periodically with performance evaluations. It would be very intuitive if Capacity Points were awarded in addition to EXP and Bayld. The thing about doing merit-style parties in Adoulin areas is that people still only want specific jobs because certain jobs are more powerful at certain roles than others. When I see people creating Capacity Point parties, they want the usual - BRD, COR, WHM, 3 heavy DD(MNK/SAM/WAR), you don't typically see BST SMN RUN THF getting much action. Allowing Capacity Points to be granted from Colonization and Lair Reives would allow casual players to get good amounts of Capacity Points without having to solo or spend hours trying to get into a Capacity Point farming group. It doesn't have to be a high amount of Capacity Points, as the most CP should be gained from high level mobs in dungeon areas like Doh Gates; however, 50-70 CP per evaluation, capping at like 2,000 or so from a Reive would be a fair amount for 10-15min of effort(considering most CP parties get 400-500 CP per kill and chain them very quickly).
    (8)

I like this idea; especially if you are soloing some RoE or whatever, you could break up the grind (or move to different camps) by running through reives as well for a little extra bonus.
    (2)

Great idea!
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Greetings,

When it comes to reives, it’s possible to earn a constant amount of points based on how your performance is evaluated regardless of monster strength, so it would be difficult to add capacity points to reives with this type of system in place. Due to this, instead of directly adding capacity points to reives, we've incorporated them as rewards for completing reive-type objectives with Records of Eminence.

In the September version update we’ll be introducing new high-level content and this will be another avenue from which you can earn capacity points.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yet reives are level 100+ so they should give Cap points, even if it was 10% of the EXP you earn or something small like that. It would add up over time.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Yet reives are level 100+ so they should give Cap points, even if it was 10% of the EXP you earn or something small like that. It would add up over time.
    If anything gave 10% of exp earned in cap points it would be great lol.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

When it comes to reives, it’s possible to earn a constant amount of points based on how your performance is evaluated regardless of monster strength, so it would be difficult to add capacity points to reives with this type of system in place. Due to this, instead of directly adding capacity points to reives, we've incorporated them as rewards for completing reive-type objectives with Records of Eminence.

In the September version update we’ll be introducing new high-level content and this will be another avenue from which you can earn capacity points.
    Please tell them we'd love them to reconsider their stance on this.
    The amount of Capacity Points you get for multiple reives (5) is fixed and ridiculously low. Can get more by killing a single monster in a high level area.
    If you don't know how to make dynamic Capacity Points from reives, then add them with a fixed (low) value during the final evaluation (i.e. when the reive is over) if the player surpasses a certain evaluation threshold.
    Would be an incentive to actually raise your evaluation instead of killing reives too fast (which is the habit people have of late).

It would also be awesome if a small amount of capacity points could be added to some assignments.

Basically Capacity Points, even if with different amounts, should at least come from all the SoA content in some form.
    Atm I really do not understand why devs are being so cautious and conservative about capacity points.
    1) Cannot gain it in areas outside of Adoulin (almost...)
    2) Cannot get it from reives
    3) Cannot get it from assignments
    4) Cannot get it from normal monsters in Alluvion Skirmishes
    5) Cannot get it from high level Battlefields

And the list goes on.
    Why all of these limitations? I can understand making Capacity Point a long lasting content, but surely we can all come up with a better compromise which feels less frustrating, has a better effort:reward ratio and doesn't drive people into getting JPs exclusively with bots?

If they don't want to change their stance, we would at least apreciate a detailed explanation on their position on this.
    Maybe after reading I could say: "Hey! I still don't like it but at least now I understand it!", because at the moment it really makes no sense.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    the quantity of reives you need to clear to get ROE done is too many comparated to how much cp we get as reward
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    If anything gave 10% of exp earned in cap points it would be great lol.
    Fei'Yin's mobs give about 45% of EXP earned in capacity points.

The main downside is that the entire zone supports three people (one on bats, one on pots, and one on ghosts), and the respawn timer there is ridiculous.

(The same holds true for basically every other camp of lv96+ mobs outside of SoA areas. You get about 90CP/mob for mobs that give about 200EXP, but there just aren't enough of the mobs to make it more than a solo/small-group [not even a full party] effort.)
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    Fei'Yin's mobs give about 45% of EXP earned in capacity points.

The main downside is that the entire zone supports three people (one on bats, one on pots, and one on ghosts), and the respawn timer there is ridiculous.

(The same holds true for basically every other camp of lv96+ mobs outside of SoA areas. You get about 90CP/mob for mobs that give about 200EXP, but there just aren't enough of the mobs to make it more than a solo/small-group [not even a full party] effort.)
    That doesn't really sound any better that getting 100 cp from a mob that gives 2,000 exp to me. Just less risky I guess?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast