Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Gearset swaps are too slow

Hopefully SE can fix this on their end but the swapping is too slow for precast, cast then after cast.

My example as bard

Macro lines 1-6
    1) /equipset fastcast
    2) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal>
    3/ /equipset duration

now if clicking the target for <stal> is done too quickly ie hitting enter after macro to select self the 3rd line will not activate and will error out, causing the duration gear to not be equipped.

now this can be solved by putting a <wait .5> in line 2.

Macro lines 1-6
    1) /equipset fastcast
    2) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal> <wait .5>
    3/ /equipset duration

BUT a 3rd situation arises when using Nightingale / Troubadour when having 5/5 Nightingale merits. Specifically cases where Nightingale is used, but normally both are used at same time.

Because 5/5 Nightingale causes songs to be instacast the macro with or without the <wait .5> is too slow, which does not allow the duration gear to be equipped before the song goes off.

The 2 solutions I can see atm are:
    1) 1 specific macro for precast and changing all macros to
    1) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal>
    2) /equipset Duration
    2) Making a complete macro set just for when SV / Nightingale / Troubadour.

Neither case is ideal, so is there any way you (SE) can speed up the equipment swap times for /equipset? This would help alot as the purpose of the /equipset was to speed up swapping multiple gear.
    (1)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Pretty sure <wait .5> is rounded up to 1; the game doesn't support decimal waits unless using third-party programs (unless there's been a recent update to prove the contrary?)

Nothing else to add :-). Good point. It needs to be quicker.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Whether game supports .5 or is rounded to 1 is hard to test. But the game DOES ACCEPT the .5 value. So to err on the side of caution that it does accept it, I'll use it, if it rounds to 1 so be it.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I've noticed there's often error msg after gear set swap if I click too fast.....I guess there goes my dream to parse higher without 3rd pt tool in FFXI D:
    (0)

After checking with the dev. team we were able to confirm that the speed is currently set to the fastest possible, and we are unable to reduce the delay further.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    It's kind of hard to argue points like that when we have 3rd party solutions that do it much better and faster...
    (14)

Probably. But I believe those things are handled differently.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    It's kind of hard to argue points like that when we have 3rd party solutions that do it much better and faster...
    InB4 Herpaderpstation 2 limitations...
    (2)

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Pretty sure <wait .5> is rounded up to 1; the game doesn't support decimal waits unless using third-party programs (unless there's been a recent update to prove the contrary?)

Nothing else to add :-). Good point. It needs to be quicker.
    It does actually accept decimal values and does not round you up to 1. I have tested this and anyone can test it easily on thf utilizing text macro commands.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    And has done it for awhile... but then again 3rd party solutions have basically had equip sets for a decade now so I figure they might get this up to speed in another 5 years.

At this point I don't see why they don't green light selected 3rd party software. They keep coming up with stuff that with the same or similar functionality so it's not like they disapprove of what all of it does. And the community usually gets it down faster and better and the selling point for SE they do it for free. They could just oversee it and provide some guidelines on what kind of changes are ok and what aren't
    (2)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-21-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast