Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Snprphnx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    SE just need to go ahead and hire the windower dev team, giving them the positions of User Interface Development Group.
    (1)

Whatever SE does, just don't forget about the console players; we can't install this stuff whether it's legal or not. PC players should NOT have such a huge advantage over others.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Whatever SE does, just don't forget about the console players; we can't install this stuff whether it's legal or not. PC players should NOT have such a huge advantage over others.
    I agree with you in principle, but keeping it against the rules is doing nothing to keep the playing field even - almost everyone breaks that rule anyway and SE either can't figure out who is doing it or knows and doesn't feel like banning 2/3 of their NA players.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Hopefully SE can fix this on their end but the swapping is too slow for precast, cast then after cast.

My example as bard

Macro lines 1-6
    1) /equipset fastcast
    2) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal>
    3/ /equipset duration

now if clicking the target for <stal> is done too quickly ie hitting enter after macro to select self the 3rd line will not activate and will error out, causing the duration gear to not be equipped.

now this can be solved by putting a <wait .5> in line 2.

Macro lines 1-6
    1) /equipset fastcast
    2) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal> <wait .5>
    3/ /equipset duration

BUT a 3rd situation arises when using Nightingale / Troubadour when having 5/5 Nightingale merits. Specifically cases where Nightingale is used, but normally both are used at same time.

Because 5/5 Nightingale causes songs to be instacast the macro with or without the <wait .5> is too slow, which does not allow the duration gear to be equipped before the song goes off.

The 2 solutions I can see atm are:
    1) 1 specific macro for precast and changing all macros to
    1) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal>
    2) /equipset Duration
    2) Making a complete macro set just for when SV / Nightingale / Troubadour.

Neither case is ideal, so is there any way you (SE) can speed up the equipment swap times for /equipset? This would help alot as the purpose of the /equipset was to speed up swapping multiple gear.
    Going this route with night/troub is problematic anyway because you would have one macro for each song combo. The best is to manually cast gimp song with max duration and overwrite with max buffed songs. macro don't always fix your problems. Sometimes you want to rush and do ni/tro quick songs (aka DDB without gjallhorn'ed song), sometimes you only care about 2x marches or 1 ballad because the mobs you kill are gimp. Sometimes you want marchx1 only because of SV, soemtimes you want marcx2 minuetx2 or madrigalx2 or minuetx4 etc.
    (2)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    It's kind of hard to argue points like that when we have 3rd party solutions that do it much better and faster...
    Only problem is that Square development on this issue will always be working and active.

The 3rd party programs are only active as long as those people keep playing the game, as seen by spellcast development ceasing. Sure someone else released another similar app but what if they had not of done so? Not worrying about proper game development due to apps that could cease to work and never be updated to work ever again is kinda silly.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    SE may have different criteria for speed than players. For instance, perhaps they want the equipment changes to appear on the model. Before they consider it "done." Then perhaps 1second is as fast as they can get.

OP is mischaracterizing a problem with the macro system (fixed wait between lines even without a wait command) and one with stal and macros (which SE may have fixed now) as a problem with equipset. There is no problem with equipset per se.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Do the devs even understand concepts such as precast, midcast, postcast, etc.? Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they didn't despite designing gear that ends up being used that way.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    After trying the new gear set system, I've come to the conclusion that it's better not to use it since it's very easy to receive error during swap, and the result is, I ended up doing more dmg with 2 click fault macro than 1 click gear swap system - -

I can click default macro twice fairly fast with a good controller, but if the game won't swap gears no matter how fast I click, then it's only a hindrance to gameplay performance.

This issue is pretty bad with ranged preshot/mid shot set, when using a delay 480 gun with snapshot buffs, 95% of time I ended up fire off shots in pre shot set instead of mid shot set due to the error msg. If I click gear set swap slower, then I'd still fire off shots before mid shot set.

I used to use 2 click default macro and I've never have such issue....I mean I do make mistakes when I click twice instead of once, but at least I can blame myself for clicking too slow or clicking the wrong button with default macro and try to improve from there. With gear set swap errors there are nothing I can do to fix it, except delete the gear set and use the default 2 click macro.

If anything, this new gear set system doesn't lower the gap between none 3rd pt tool users and 3rd pt tool users, IMO. None 3rd pt tool users still gonna parse lower than equally geared/skilled 3rd pt tool users.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-25-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Hopefully SE can fix this on their end but the swapping is too slow for precast, cast then after cast.

My example as bard

Macro lines 1-6
    1) /equipset fastcast
    2) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal>
    3/ /equipset duration

now if clicking the target for <stal> is done too quickly ie hitting enter after macro to select self the 3rd line will not activate and will error out, causing the duration gear to not be equipped.

now this can be solved by putting a <wait .5> in line 2.

Macro lines 1-6
    1) /equipset fastcast
    2) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal> <wait .5>
    3/ /equipset duration

BUT a 3rd situation arises when using Nightingale / Troubadour when having 5/5 Nightingale merits. Specifically cases where Nightingale is used, but normally both are used at same time.

Because 5/5 Nightingale causes songs to be instacast the macro with or without the <wait .5> is too slow, which does not allow the duration gear to be equipped before the song goes off.

The 2 solutions I can see atm are:
    1) 1 specific macro for precast and changing all macros to
    1) /ma "Mage's Ballad III" <stal>
    2) /equipset Duration
    2) Making a complete macro set just for when SV / Nightingale / Troubadour.

Neither case is ideal, so is there any way you (SE) can speed up the equipment swap times for /equipset? This would help alot as the purpose of the /equipset was to speed up swapping multiple gear.

After some test I came up with a possible solution to the Gear set error thing.....don't use double Gear set for anything you'd swap in a very short mount of time.

For example, swapping from melee TP to WS set takes longer because you need time to get TP. However, swapping from WS to TP is instant because you'd want to swap back to TP set right after WS.

So if both WS and TP set has Gear set, you probably won't get error from WS, but when you swap back to TP set, there's a good chance that you may stuck in WS set and ended up TP in WS sets.

It probably wouldn't be an issue if one of your sets is Gear set 1 click and another set is using default macro with 2 clicks.

For preshot/midshot sets for /ra, don't use Gear sets for both, there's a very good chance that you'd shoot in preshot set under snapshot buff, even if you click the gear set 3 times. After I change mid shot set to default 2 click macro I no longer ended up stuck in preshot set.

Same can apply to mage precast/mid cast I think, only use Gear set for one of precast/mid cast, but not both. I think the error happens when you're changing 2 different Gear sets in a very short amount of time, since the game may be reading the 1st gear set while you click the 2nd gear set, you get an error msg.
    (1)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Do the devs even understand concepts such as precast, midcast, postcast, etc.? Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they didn't despite designing gear that ends up being used that way.
    Noone cares but 2 persons about x-cast gear. The game is *easy prey*. Beside said tools don't work or they would not have been replaced. With the last tool, you need to remake an entire programm to suit your own playstyle, and it bugs constantly. And last I checked only 2 ppl actually programmed anything barely decent and totally adpated to their playstyle.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast