Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't even have BLU unlocked and I support this.
    (2)

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The dev team currently has other tasks that are higher on the priority list, so adding this feature would be difficult at this time. We have received similar requests from other jobs, such as puppetmaster, but it is difficult to create a system that would only benefit a single job, where in comparison the gear set system benefits all players. At this time there are no plans for a spell set feature.
    Thank you for the response.

Ok, I understand the priority list. You did say difficult at this time, so that leads me to believe its schedule more than ability that is deterrent to implementation. I can understand that.

But there has to be a way to help this cause for the people that want to play blue more. Here is an idea:

In the blue menu the devs have already implemented a classification system for blue mage spells. Much of it is a repeat of information that can be found on the spell description itself. I personally never utilize the "Type"classification system that is already in place. I am able to read the spell description and get all the info that I need without it (type, strong to which type monster, magic based, physical etc.). Lets change that classification from a system define classification to a user defined classification. This section seems to be (Is) implemented in reverse of the newly implemented "setequip" feature. I am saying reverse the links and allow the user to define those links to the spell and then the user could just sort spells utilizing the structure that's already there. Of course we would like to rename the fields but generic labels will do. This will not be brand new implementation as the space is there, the structure is already there, privileges have to change, the linking has to be reversed, user right have to given, etc. The current structure will reduce dev time and actually allow the change to be implemented, tested and release within a release cycle. I know the devs are using flexible architecture so much of this will be copy/paste with respect to linking and rights since it is basically the same sub system frame as the "equipset system" with different settings. If we could save the settings like you save macro settings then there would be very little impact on the server side, besides user initiated saves.

So timing maybe bad, yes I can understand that, but this shouldn't be a big implementation based of the fact that basic structure it is being leveraged in reverse by the "equipset" subsystem. Its is difficult to see this taking a mountain of time to provide.

How do we get this on the "to-do" list?

I don't know who in there right mind would "like" that response appreciate it "yes", like it "No!"
    (3)
    Last edited by Raging_Oracle; 08-20-2014 at 02:56 PM.

The dev team currently has other tasks that are higher on the priority list, so adding this feature would be difficult at this time. We have received similar requests from other jobs, such as puppetmaster, but it is difficult to create a system that would only benefit a single job, where in comparison the gear set system benefits all players. At this time there are no plans for a spell set feature.
    Yeah wouldn't want something like a Weaponskill update that only benefits SAM or something...

:P
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

The team had been looking into a system similar to equipment sets for blue magic spells; however they discovered that there are too many technical hurdles to overcome and as such there are no plans at the moment to develop this feature.

For the future, the development team is looking into a system that will not remove the blue magic spells you've set when you are placed under level restrictions.

Currently, the team is focused on system-related additions and adjustments for the chat features and a finished version of the /lockstyle feature, so once this has been completed they will shift their focus.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Grekumah, thank you for letting us know but please let the dev team know how disappointing this response really is.

As someone who used to bring my blu to events, it was very frustrating needing to switch out a range of spells as needs changed during an event - I literally kept a spreadsheet so I could make sure I equipped the right spells for the right macrosets I was using. Blue mage SpellSets should be a priority, regardless of the technical difficulties.

If blue magic could be set with a command, that would even make a world of difference. Would that be easier to do as a temporary fix, until a SpellSet can be developed?

/unequipspell "wild carrot"
    /equipspell "cocoon"
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    This is off-topic, but I couldn't help but notice the "finished version of /lockstyle" part of that post. Are they finally going to make it to where it stays on after zoning and whatnot? I haven't been around much so I'm way out of the loop.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    This is off-topic, but I couldn't help but notice the "finished version of /lockstyle" part of that post. Are they finally going to make it to where it stays on after zoning and whatnot? I haven't been around much so I'm way out of the loop.
    This is the first time they've mentioned it.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    This is the first time they've mentioned it.
    They actually mentioned one aspect of it back at it's inception; working for weapons of the same type. Staying on through zoning and other functions could be included as well. I'd hope for a function to not blink even if you change weapons types as long as you're not engaged since mages commonly swap between staffs and clubs.
    (0)
    7/10/14

It's pretty useless for mages atm, so hopefully they work around lockstyle with changing weapons
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The team had been looking into a system similar to equipment sets for blue magic spells; however they discovered that there are too many technical hurdles to overcome and as such there are no plans at the moment to develop this feature.

For the future, the development team is looking into a system that will not remove the blue magic spells you've set when you are placed under level restrictions.

Currently, the team is focused on system-related additions and adjustments for the chat features and a finished version of the /lockstyle feature, so once this has been completed they will shift their focus.
    I understand the priority to focus on enhancements that will affect more players (as I imagine the amount of blue mages is a fraction of the community), but please still consider blue mage sets!

With all of the new spells I'm finding myself clicking remove all more than ever depending on the content I'm doing. I tried a CoP Dynamis last night on blue mage and set a lot of newer spells exclusively for the job traits, and it was great for that but totally impractical for newer content which requires a vastly different setup.

Blue Mage sets would be a much welcome feature!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2