Hello,

First Issue:
Again whenever I try to reply to a thread I opened I'm told:

IBHalliwell, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home
Additionally: I'm also unable to send a PM to provide follow up information. As such, the only way I know to reply / respond is to open a second thread / message.

Second Issue:

An earlier problem I reported was in the "Accepted" sub-forum, but now I'm finding it in the "unable to verify" sub-forum. Yet, no one contacted me to obtain the video I offered in the original bug report.

I'm able to reproduce the problem on multiple platforms (PC/Windows, real PS2, and PS2 on the PS3). Additionally, I've been able to reproduce the problem on a second character, which is on a different POL account.

I'm opening this bug up again given:
  1. I can reproduce it on multiple platforms.
  2. I can reproduce it on multiple characters. (New Information)
  3. I can reproduce it on multiple POL accounts. (New Information)
  4. No one contacted me for help in reproducing the problem.
  5. No one contacted me for the video showing the Timepiece displaying the musical notes, but no music (or extremely faint music) comes from the Timepiece after the initial bell. I say faint music because in some cases, one can hear some extremely faint notes now and then.

As of Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 14:52 CDT, I was able to again reproduce the bug.

I'm including the original problem description (see below).

Summary: Since posting the original bug report, I have been able to reproduce the problem on a second character (second POL account). In both cases, the original character and this second one, you can either not hear or barely hear the music from the Timepiece, as it plays at 00:00 and 12:00. I am comparing the volume to the Harpsichord (which is only on the original character).

As I can reproduce it on more than one character, on multiple platforms, and more than one POL account, I'm offering / wanting to help you reproduce the problem. I would be happy to provide (in a private mail) the POL account and character names of these characters.

Thank you (again)

IBHalliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith).

--------------------------------------------------

Original bug report URL: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43455-Timepiece-Sound-Effect-Volume

Original bug report Title: Timepiece Sound Effect Volume

Original bug report text:
Hello,

I own two musical furnishings (Timepiece and Harpsichord). The Harpsichord plays very loudly at 22:00, while the Timepiece plays extremely quietly. I'm actually almost unable to hear it. I tried adjusting the two sound volumes (Sound Effect and Music) in various combinations but in all cases the Timepiece simply was never well heard. Yet, at the same time the Harpsichord plays loudly and is clearly heard over the mog house music.

NOTE: I have access to FFXI running on various systems and all have the exact same result. Theses are:
  1. Windows 7 Ultimate x64: Dell Precision Workstation 390 and Dell XPS 15 (L502X)
  2. Windows 7 Ultimate x32: Dell Precision Workstation 390
  3. Windows XP x32: Dell Inspiron 9300
  4. PS2: Two real Playstation 2 systems
  5. PS3: Two Playstation 3 systems (B01 and E01), which run PS2 games.

I was able to capture (using FRAPS) an example of this issue by taking a video of the Harpsichord and a separate one of the Timepiece. You can clearly hear the Harpsichord play and barely hear the Timepiece (which at one point seems completely quiet).

NOTES:
  • The Timepiece starts off at midnight / 18:00 with a loud chime, but the rest of its music is very quiet.
  • In the video the settings is max for both settings (effects and music).

I would be glad to forward the video to whomever desires to see them or post them where requested. I'm not wanting to show "the world" problems with FFXI and thus am not (till requested) posting these videos. Just ask. :-)

Thank you,

IBHalliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)