Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I think putting any valuable drop exclusively or even predominantly on a lottery / timed NM is a horrible idea and just needs to die.

Why not add lottery NMs to the RoE quests or make them drop plasm / bayld or do something like they did with the Magians weapons trials? That way people who like to sit in a field can team up and not be encouraged to douche it up with claim bots. It would give people something to go do when there's no shouts going on without bringing back the days of endless disappointment and it would be a major boon to people who can't get in high level events.
    Can i say something? The part I bolded... You understand exactly whats being asked for.

Still, I respect you believe giving meaningful drops to something other than the same instanced garbage over and over is pointless... I respectfully disagree... I like variety in my MMO, and I don't find Variety in "Instance A... or instance B? I wonder", its true to some extent there is a bit of variety in these instances, but the open world is so d*mned boring and dead its lost all meaning. A lot of Final Fantasy titles have open world "NMs", Ruby Weapon, PuPu, FF12 Hunts... A lot of these you can see as big side missions and such, but you also have to consider that theres also a lot of optional NMs in Final Fantasy games that drop the best weapons or such... I mean, NMs in some way are a part of the final fantasy series, and I think they hold true to it for the most part with a lot of them being here and instanced.... but sometimes they were in the overworld, and I liked that about XI as well, it gave the world a sort of... wonder and purpose.

Still... All said and done, I would not be object to these NMs dropping high amounts of Bayld, Plasm, Onyx Fragments... something like that, but I imagine SE would not game for that. I still think having them drop non-R/ex stuff so people could always buy em if they didnt want to camp would be nice.

Further, even if the drops went to everyone, people would still be dicks... people are still dicks in instanced events too, people will be dicks always :\

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmaste View Post
    Completely gone of the point - NM's that buff JSA's so they can just be macro-in pieces, they wouldn't be needed but could be nice - idea's neckpieces that have a certain JSA buff like for DNC - 'Augments Haste Samba' giving an additional 1-2% JA haste', COR 'Quick Draw -5' knock 5 seconds off it (obviously thatwould be giving up a MAB slot but who knows), SAM 'Augments Hasso' adds 2% haste or 15 STR to the JA when used - there is literally a mountain of things that could be introduced and it would give each NM a drop someone is going to want 22new NM's or just 11 as you could use one piece for 2 jobs.
    I love this idea. Situational to good gear for a specific job. <3 - If its not another random Instance people will hate to hate cause brain no work.

Although, If i may be as bold? These "JSE" items could also come from Colonization Reives and such, so people who dont wanna camp NMs can take a shot at Reives. Give the NMs a high chance to drop (50%~) and Reives a lower chance (5%~). You then have to outlets for the equipment.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-19-2014 at 04:04 AM.

yeah, they could add them as a drop to the "hardmode" missions as well... god knows the drops on those missions seems to suck pretty badly so maybe having something slightly interesting drop from them a little more often wouldn't be terrible.

No one is saying "add frustrating NMs that all serious players will be forced to camp." Just something to make the zones feel less dead and dull would be nice. I'd be fine they dropped things that could be gotten elsewhere too (rieves are also not a bad idea). I'd love some "situational" or "better than sparks/bayld gear but not as good as delve" gear that I could hunt down myself on my own time.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Can i say something? The part I bolded... You understand exactly whats being asked for.

Still, I respect you believe giving meaningful drops to something other than the same instanced garbage over and over is pointless... I respectfully disagree... I like variety in my MMO, and I don't find Variety in "Instance A... or instance B? I wonder", its true to some extent there is a bit of variety in these instances, but the open world is so d*mned boring and dead its lost all meaning. A lot of Final Fantasy titles have open world "NMs", Ruby Weapon, PuPu, FF12 Hunts... A lot of these you can see as big side missions and such, but you also have to consider that theres also a lot of optional NMs in Final Fantasy games that drop the best weapons or such... I mean, NMs in some way are a part of the final fantasy series, and I think they hold true to it for the most part with a lot of them being here and instanced.... but sometimes they were in the overworld, and I liked that about XI as well, it gave the world a sort of... wonder and purpose.

Still... All said and done, I would not be object to these NMs dropping high amounts of Bayld, Plasm, Onyx Fragments... something like that, but I imagine SE would not game for that. I still think having them drop non-R/ex stuff so people could always buy em if they didnt want to camp would be nice.

Further, even if the drops went to everyone, people would still be dicks... people are still dicks in instanced events too, people will be dicks always :\
    Just as long as it's not exclusive gear that is impossible / hard to get through other more reliable means. I spent way to many sleepless nights staring at the same stupid zone trying to get my e.body, black belt items etc. It was even more boring than wandering through an empty zone. It was sitting in an empty zone for hours / days in the same spot. Most of the time for no reason.
    (1)

Eeehhhh.... It wouldn't be any of that. I don't think a single sane person in this thread is asking for anything close to 24-72 hour HNM camping back. That was truly awful. feel I've repeated that more times than I can admit to.

1-2 hours waiting on Leaping Lizzy? not awful. its about the average runtime of a Delve from Shouting to finish.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Eeehhhh.... It wouldn't be any of that. I don't think a single sane person in this thread is asking for anything close to 24-72 hour HNM camping back. That was truly awful. feel I've repeated that more times than I can admit to.

1-2 hours waiting on Leaping Lizzy? not awful. its about the average runtime of a Delve from Shouting to finish.
    Assuming the delve zone doesn't get claimed by another group 7 times in a row.
    (1)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Talking about time sinks and staying in the same zone for hours on end, that's exactly what SE has done with these crafting torques. Abyssea was very successful in its NM structure, if it means keeping everybody happy add pop items to drop from certain mob families (alongside a roaming NM that spawns every 20mins) that can be used to pop a NM that has a 33% chance at dropping a KI, one of up to 3 needed to then pop a NM that has good chance at some bad ass drops. The Abyssea structure was excellently put together, no harm in ripping off some of the successful elements to one of fans favorite era's in ffxi (and I will always say that if Abyssea came out 1 year earlier SE wouldn't have lost so many players - 4-5years of meripo's and side-grade end game activity rewards started to make people quit and so many did in that year before the level caps increased.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4