Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Look, I don't like doing delve. The end. It's stressful, people are dicks about it, and frankly, it's not fun.
    I enjoy Delve but I get to do Tojil runs on my BST sometimes. I feel bad if you're dealing with people being dicks about it. The only thing our group ever asks of us is to be on time, don't be retarded, and give enough of a shit about your job to be geared up enough that you're not dead weight.

Besides which for me its "bard only" content and that gets boring. Nevermind that after I get the win I still need the plasm - have had tojil win for months and no plasm to buy weapons so... yeah not a solution.
    You should just do 3 Tojil runs back to back one day with some friends. That's about 210000 plasm right there which would cover you for one weapon or some nice accessorys.

AND I have yet to see a pet stat worth applying to the axe. +2 or +3 of this or that is garbage.
    Well the system is still new so there may or may not be something worth adding to it.

I don't see why you're arguing this.
    Because I don't agree with what you're saying because there are pet axes out already.

That axe is first and foremost gonna be something for BSTs to use.
    If you're wanting to be a straight DD BST then yeah that axe is pretty damn solid. I'm kinda sad my Guttler can't be offhanded now for my relic weaponskill.

By not putting stats on the base the devs are continuing down the road that has left BST and other pet jobs as the red-headed stepchild of jobs in XI.
    If that was the case then explain the BLM/SMN/SCH staff then?

The reason it's a slap in the face is because we've repeatedly told the devs that in order for our job to be viable - there needs to be more gear with pet stats on it that doesn't sacrifice master stats.
    Viable for what excatly? What do you want beastmaster to do? join AAs? Do Delve? High-Teir Battlefields? SCNMs? What? Any answer you give won't matter because sadly nobody would want a Beastmaster even if you got what you wanted. All people give a rat's ass about is MNK, RNG, BRD, COR, Aegis/Ochain PLD, and that's mainly about it. Anything else is just an extra if they can't find those main jobs.

If I have to use the augment slots for pet stats, I am SACRIFICING DD power for the master... which is exactly what the pet job community has said is leaving our jobs less viable.
    So what you're saying is gearswapping isn't for you then? That's all I'm reading from you right now. You don't have a DD, Hybrid, Pet, Reward set or what? I hope you're not telling me it's a space issue because Mog Wardrobe solved that issue even for me who was pushing almost 80 slots originally on my Beastmaster from gearsets alone. Are you incapable of adjusting your gearsets to do more then just one thing or are you Naturebeckles 2.0 who believes haste is an optional thing?

And it is. A war can grab that axe and augment it with double attack or whatever for themselves without sacrificing any part of his DD power. If a BST does it they have lost out. Once again, we're left having to choose which part of our DD power is gonna be gimped.
    So a Beastmaster getting double attack would be a bad thing how? Maybe more then that how about if you got a axe that seriously buffed you where you could I don't know.... swap into a hybrid pet set and still put out good #s because of said augments?!?!?! Holy crap I might have come onto something!

They added base stats (BIG ONES) for the pet on the SMN staff - so clearly it wasn't unpossible for them to do the same with the axe. Therefore the axe is a big FU to bsts.
    *impossible you mean.

Like I said before there's already a 156 DMG Axe with Accuracy and Attack for both you and the pet. Why don't you just get it if this new Skrimish axe pisses you off so much?
    (1)
    Last edited by SNK; 08-30-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Just gonna drop this here cause it's pretty nice IMO.

(1)
    7/10/14

Player
    The pet: dbl. atk and crit. Did it come from a leaforb+2? or a snoworb+2? This augment is interesting to get on the H2H.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by SNK View Post
    So what you're saying is gearswapping isn't for you then? That's all I'm reading from you right now. You don't have a DD, Hybrid, Pet, Reward set or what? I hope you're not telling me it's a space issue because Mog Wardrobe solved that issue even for me who was pushing almost 80 slots originally on my Beastmaster from gearsets alone. Are you incapable of adjusting your gearsets to do more then just one thing or are you Naturebeckles 2.0 who believes haste is an optional thing?
    WTF does gearswapping have to do with an axe? Saying HURRR DURRR GEARSWAPPING when we are talking about an axe that has zero base stats for pets is asinine, as the only time you're gonna be swapping axes who cares what the master stats are? Cause if you cared you wouldn't be dumping your TP by swapping axes.

You might have a point if I was complaining about an axe that had godly pet stats on it but sucked for master DPS. Frankly, I wouldn't complain about such a thing because at least it would be a fun toy.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Just gonna drop this here cause it's pretty nice IMO.

LOL We have a winner!
    (0)

LOL We have a winner!
    So you really think an axe with that as a (I'm guessing multi-million dollar) random augment is better than one that had that as a base stat so that instead of wasting a slot on the pet stat it could have been double attack for master and crit for master?

Way to miss the point
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You might have a point if I was complaining about an axe that had godly pet stats on it but sucked for master DPS.

?
    (0)

?
    So you swap that out mid tp? what is your point?
    (1)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Way to miss the point
    No I'm just saying that's a damn good start for a pet buff on a very high DMG axe. lol
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    So you swap that out mid tp? what is your point?
    I don't need to swap axes and lose TP, I'm talking about your armor not your weapons.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast