Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It has no base stats for the pet. You have to augment it to get anything.
    (2)

Player
    And it's defensive stats, which you will never use, because BST can't pull hate in a party, and solo half a dozen jobs solo anything faster and easier than BST. Or literally any jobs with trusts.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by SNK View Post
    So what excatly is wrong with this axe?

http://www.bg-wiki.com/images/thumb/...escription.png
    BSTs need Pet stats AND master stats on a weapon for it to be worth using. So while WARs can add stats that boost their DD to this axe (even tho lets be honest no war is gonna use the bloody thing anyway) BSTs need to use up their augments to get the stats for the pet that should be part of their base weapon. We were JUST told that pet jobs would get more gear that didn't sacrifice master stats for pet stats - and then we got this.

It's a huge slap in the face especially since the staff specifically includes pet stats on the base item.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    BSTs need Pet stats AND master stats on a weapon for it to be worth using. So while WARs can add stats that boost their DD to this axe (even tho lets be honest no war is gonna use the bloody thing anyway) BSTs need to use up their augments to get the stats for the pet that should be part of their base weapon. We were JUST told that pet jobs would get more gear that didn't sacrifice master stats for pet stats - and then we got this.

It's a huge slap in the face especially since the staff specifically includes pet stats on the base item.

Ok so the Delve Bee Axe isn't any good then or how about the Hurkan Axe or heck even the Arktoi? Those all have some really solid pet stats to them. It's not like that new Skirmish Axe is that bad for not having Pet bonuses on it from the start.
    (0)
    Last edited by SNK; 08-28-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yes, it's not a bad axe for straight meleeing, but to get any kind of bonus for the pet you have to augment it, and forego any augments for straight meleeing. Now compare this to the smn staff. Right off the bat it has pet stats, and any augments you apply you can you can pick whether to further augment the staff for pets, for doing magic damage, or if you're crazy enough, for meleeing.

If the axe had unaugmented stats like pet acc+30, pet att+30, pet da+3%, or any combination, then the OP would not have complained.

That is his argument. He's not saying it's a bad axe. What he is saying is that it doesn't have any stats for the pet natively, unlike the smn staff, which has powerful stats for the avatar without augmenting.
    (3)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Yes, it's not a bad axe for straight meleeing, but to get any kind of bonus for the pet you have to augment it, and forego any augments for straight meleeing. Now compare this to the smn staff. Right off the bat it has pet stats, and any augments you apply you can you can pick whether to further augment the staff for pets, for doing magic damage, or if you're crazy enough, for meleeing.

If the axe had unaugmented stats like pet acc+30, pet att+30, pet da+3%, or any combination, then the OP would not have complained.

That is his argument. He's not saying it's a bad axe. What he is saying is that it doesn't have any stats for the pet natively, unlike the smn staff, which has powerful stats for the avatar without augmenting.
    Looking at the axe and what we already have it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to complain about. I like that you can augment it but I don't see any unfairness in that axe not having Pet stuff on the start since we already have a lot of great choices. Generally tho to be fair on the summoner staff, you won't see a lot of summoners meleeing with that staff compared to beastmasters using that axe for well... meleeing. I like that it's possible to add pet augments to the weapon but I don't see the big deal about why it doesn't have it on them from the start since beastmaster already has like I said before, so many great options for pet related axes.
    (0)

Looking at the axe and what we already have it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to complain about. I like that you can augment it but I don't see any unfairness in that axe not having Pet stuff on the start since we already have a lot of great choices. Generally tho to be fair on the summoner staff, you won't see a lot of summoners meleeing with that staff compared to beastmasters using that axe for well... meleeing. I like that it's possible to add pet augments to the weapon but I don't see the big deal about why it doesn't have it on them from the start since beastmaster already has like I said before, so many great options for pet related axes.
    Aaaaand not everyone does the content that drops those other axes. The whole point is for there to be multiple viable ways to get a viable axe, and given the fact that the only job that would consider seriously using this axe is BST it should have started as a viable BST axe. A viable BST axe has to boost pets as well as master. The end. If you're a WAR are you going to take an axe that only buffs a portion of your damage or all of it? Obviously the weapon that buffs all of your damage is better. This axe is a slap in the face.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Except you will see SMN using that staff for pets AND for nuking. The axe will only be for meleeing because it hasn't got pet stats on it. The staff has 100 pet mab on it inherently. To get the same effect the damned axe should have pet acc+100 pet att+100 on it before augments.
    (1)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Aaaaand not everyone does the content that drops those other axes.
    Maybe you should then. It's not like you can't do it if you wanted to.

The whole point is for there to be multiple viable ways to get a viable axe, and given the fact that the only job that would consider seriously using this axe is BST it should have started as a viable BST axe.
    Believe it or not I've seen a slight comeback with Dual Wield WARs but maybe it's different on your server then mine.

A viable BST axe has to boost pets as well as master. The end.
    Then the Delve Bee axe is perfect for you or even an Arktoi since the killer instinct procs on the axe works very well insofar as granting killer effects not native to a beastmaster's job traits. The devs already stated that Delve was meant to be the current tough end-game content for people who actually spent time gearing themselves up. I'm sure you could easily get a Bee clear if you really put your mind to it. I wanted that bee axe also since the stats on it boosted the player and the pet so I buckled up and went on a job to get the win easily.

If you're a WAR are you going to take an axe that only buffs a portion of your damage or all of it? Obviously the weapon that buffs all of your damage is better. This axe is a slap in the face.
    The axe is pretty solid and a slap in the face is being a bit too extreme. If you couldn't get any pet augments on it I'd agree with you on some points of it but that's a pretty high damage axe & it just sounds like you don't want to deal with the augment system *who does really?* to get some solid pet stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    Except you will see SMN using that staff for pets AND for nuking. The axe will only be for meleeing because it hasn't got pet stats on it. The staff has 100 pet mab on it inherently. To get the same effect the damned axe should have pet acc+100 pet att+100 on it before augments.
    Oh I'm aware of it since I have the same staff myself for my BLM. The thing I'm saying is since you can get Pet Stats added to the axe, then what's the problem other then you're fighting a random number generator like everyone else has to? Why should some people feel entitled to a pet buff straight on the axe or for that matter even if it had one I have a feeling Olor still wouldn't be happy even if it was god teir pet buffs. We hadn't even see how high you can augment that axe yet since there's already been screenshots of crazy augments already, I wouldn't be surprised if the axe gets something nice in terms of pet augments.

As far as damage between the master & the pet I really don't have any issues hitting anything from high-teir battlefields when I go with my friends on beastmaster. The fact I won a parse vs 2 RNGs on AA Galka was amusing at best but then again that mob is really melee friendly to begin with. lol
    (0)

The axe is pretty solid and a slap in the face is being a bit too extreme. If you couldn't get any pet augments on it I'd agree with you on some points of it but that's a pretty high damage axe & it just sounds like you don't want to deal with the augment system *who does really?* to get some solid pet stats.
    Look, I don't like doing delve. The end. It's stressful, people are dicks about it, and frankly, it's not fun. Besides which for me its "bard only" content and that gets boring. Nevermind that after I get the win I still need the plasm - have had tojil win for months and no plasm to buy weapons so... yeah not a solution.

AND I have yet to see a pet stat worth applying to the axe. +2 or +3 of this or that is garbage.

I don't see why you're arguing this. That axe is first and foremost gonna be something for BSTs to use. By not putting stats on the base the devs are continuing down the road that has left BST and other pet jobs as the red-headed stepchild of jobs in XI.

The reason it's a slap in the face is because we've repeatedly told the devs that in order for our job to be viable - there needs to be more gear with pet stats on it that doesn't sacrifice master stats. If I have to use the augment slots for pet stats, I am SACRIFICING DD power for the master... which is exactly what the pet job community has said is leaving our jobs less viable.

And it is. A war can grab that axe and augment it with double attack or whatever for themselves without sacrificing any part of his DD power. If a BST does it they have lost out. Once again, we're left having to choose which part of our DD power is gonna be gimped.

They added base stats (BIG ONES) for the pet on the SMN staff - so clearly it wasn't unpossible for them to do the same with the axe. Therefore the axe is a big FU to bsts.
    (2)
    Last edited by Olor; 08-30-2014 at 02:17 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast