Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Job Merit Point Catagory 1 & 2 - Increase Please

Not sure if I am the only one who feels this way, but I know that as a BLM, SMN, and NIN I feel that we should be able to Max out all of our category 2 (very least) to 5/5 or have those spells/abilities adjusted so they are just as powerful with 1/5 as a previous 5/5 would be, and make 5/5 even better. OR parish the thought give us those spells via scrolls and give us real abilities that are useful. Same for whm's protect/shell Vs I mean come on, none of that stuff would be game breaking at this point, iLvL made all "old" content basically a cake walk, and the new content is so cookie cutter that maybe a shake up in the abilities neck of the woods would be helpful. Also the benefits from being able to cap all category 1 merits to 5/5 would not be earth shattering either. So PLEASE DEV TEAM though the players some that will help us shatter the cookie cutter molds!
    (8)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I agree with this.

Dancer is given 3 vital abilities and an awesome job trait in Tier 2 merits.
    (7)

Player
    Also want to say that this is a good idea, having a full potency Slow/Dia/Phalanx/Paralyze etc might have been something to limit at 75, but they're abilities that should have naturally gotten as they were leveled to 119.

Dancer is another good example, as is pup to a lesser extent. You shouldn't be locking people in to a specific style of play on jobs that are supposed to be able to adapt to a multitude of situations.
    (4)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-13-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This is very needed and you are correct, its would not be game breaking in the slightest. Many Jobs have cat 1 & cat 2 that really could do with being maxed out. Corsair - what would be the problem with having +10MACC to QD, & -10QD Delay & -10second Phantom roll recast & a shortend bust duration of 50seconds (the latter being a tad mute because if we move onto Cor's Tier2 merits - Why can't we have Snake Eye on a 5min timer & 6min40sec rolls & a 50% chance at resetting Phantom Roll after a fold? The other options are even less meaningful for a COR but there is an example where a job would be able to function better if they could have max out both T1 & T2 categorys.

Now look at a job like Monk that is arguably one of the best DD's in the game. Monks Cat1 merits are all nice, but most monks I know have 5/5 counter (thats a must) and 5/5 Kick attacks (not really a must considering kicks do small damage, just a nice additional hit towards 100% TP. What would be so wrong with Monk also being able to lower the recast timers of Dodge/Chakra/Focus by 50secs each putting them on a 4min:10 timer instead of 5mins? Then look at Cat 2, I still have 5/5 Pennance because with it enhanced and combined with maxed out SB mob TP gains 80% less TP for 1min40secs if im the only person hitting it. I never switched to Mantra and kept 4 in invigorate and 1 in Formless Strikes - Mantra helps out the entire party, if I had an additional 5points in Mantra and a 16% more efficient Formless Strikes I don't think it will harm the game or change Monks DD output other than being able to have the 30? additional ACC from Focus 50secs earlier.

Finally look at a job with pretty crappy Tier 1 merits and pretty crappy Tier 2 merits - NINJA. Ninja WAS probably my fav job during the abyssea years due to its speed, additional hits and solo ability's. Other than Finishing off a mob with a maxed out Hyoton: San for an Azure kill I have no need for really any of my Tier 2 merits, meaning the job would still function fine without them. Now what would be so bad with allowing a ninja to max out everything in CAT2? Sange isn't OMGwow especially with how high DPS is from katana's in comparison to going through the Sange wheel so to speak, and on that note, (going to bold this) Why not give Utsusemi: Sange, 1min timer, it already has a slow casting time, and 5 shadows, Not even that will bring it closer to the Aegis/Ochain pld's (because to be a pld you need either or both of those). So many TP moves wipe shadows, so much magic cast is ga, Aura's don't help a NIN in the slightest so give nin the Cat2 merit ability please of Utsusemi: San. If not then please allow us to max out both cat1 & cat2 and in cat 1, instead of increasing damage by 2, make it so we can at least throw a 500dmg+ nuke, raised to 1K with a good MAB & ninjitsu set, give ninjas something to be really excited about and that might even allow a ninja to tank again because it can tank with its back turned spinning the San wheel to keep hate, finally Nin need all of its Ichi spells to have a Ni version. Things like the above would give so much to a job so many people love to play. There is something cool about being a sneaky but deadly Ninja! That and Ninja's look great in AF/Relic/Emph armors.

There is 3 jobs that all have 3 completely different rolls to play with MNK obviously being a top DD where having maxed out T2 merits help the party more than helping a Monk pump out more dmg.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Same for whm's protect/shell Vs
    I definitely agree with this. The merits should be Protect Effect and Shell Effect so I don't have to cast the -ras to get a non-gimped version when I'm solo.
    (1)