Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

SoA mission line

I've never been a fan of these missions/quests. (I've only gotten far enough for WKR/Delve/Whatever)
    I don't really see the point in focusing on finishing that mission line right now.
    I think developer time could be better used with new bosses/monsters/areas/jobs/items/whatever else will keep all players around for a while longer. From what I've seen, few players are going to stick around or quit because of these missions, it has little impact over the community, I don't see the point in investing more time/money in it right now.

(1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Every update has content that some people don't want to participate in. These Alluvion Skirmishes look to be about as boring as the rest. On the other hand, I can't wait to sink my teeth into these new missions.

Some of us actually prefer storyline stuff to running on the gear treadmill grinding things out for equipment they "need". The pattern seems to have been that new missions come out every 3rd or 4th update. Somehow that's too often for you?
    (2)

The mission lines are sorta meh for me. What I really hate is the cockblocks.
    Like I can't get to Leafallia because I'm stuck on "Stonewalled." (is this soloable with Trusts now? I dunno)
    And I can't get Romaa because I haven't finished WOTG and I have no interest in slogging through those annoying quests. She was the ONLY thing I actually got excited about for this update.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 08-13-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I dunno about you, Drag, but I was RIVETED on getting more mission updates! This section was far too short though; I finished all but the fight last night after the update, and did that fight today. Guess I get to try out Alluvion Skirmishes.

Also they added a whole new zone, with different mobs, as well as a whole new battlefield type atop the storyline update. There's plenty of things to keep players busy with now (especially while we're trying to figure out the augmenting system for the new Alluvion items). Plus, if the NQ/+1 rewards are great (even if Reive-only), who's to say the final reward won't be something worth striving for? This is looking to become the Rajas Ring of SoA, in terms of sheer usefulness over time. I mean we still use our favorite level 30 ring.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    The mission lines are sorta meh for me. What I really hate is the cockblocks.
    Like I can't get to Leafallia because I'm stuck on "Stonewalled." (is this soloable with Trusts now? I dunno)
    And I can't get Romaa because I haven't finished WOTG and I have no interest in slogging through those annoying quests. She was the ONLY thing I actually got excited about for this update.
    That's sad to road considering how much I liked the missions and the nation quests (finished all 3 paths and wish there was more story added), but yeah, you can solo all the way in SoA missions with Trust.

Edit > @OP : No thanks, I want more missions and story added to the game. We already have too much "battle content" added as it is and nowhere near enough story added to compensate for the grind.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 08-13-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Yeah, sorry for the bitter rant, I did read that I should be able to continue to make progress with SoA by myself. The WOTG thing still annoys me though.
    (0)

Character
    Maddee
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

I have to say,

I've enjoyed the SoA mission line more than any other storyline in the game so far...
    At least up to the part called "To the Victor" where you are forced to play a game of chance and win 3 times against an NPC who seems to have higher "luck" than you.
    (If anyone has a strategy to beat that part, besides just bruting your way through the probability, please do respond!)
    The amount of emphasis placed on allowing people to continue the story with very few "wait for the next in game day change" and few battles with difficulty and no exp loss has been great!
    (1)

I absolutely hated that mission. It took me lots and lots of tries, and then I only won out of sheer dumb luck.
    (0)

9. 11-09-2014 06:34 AM

I don't really like that the missions are soloable now, as it creates a "go solo it with your Trusts" mentality instead of teaming up. It's like the other thread complaining about Assaults ... people just don't want to redo things they've already completed (which is why I will never have a mythic).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    I don't really like that the missions are soloable now, as it creates a "go solo it with your Trusts" mentality instead of teaming up. It's like the other thread complaining about Assaults ... people just don't want to redo things they've already completed (which is why I will never have a mythic).
    About this, I really like being able to solo missions but I'm hoping the new LS thing will help with things that require a party. You can set up an Assault LS and have people join without having to shout like a crazy person to find them.

Edit >

Bleh, I can't edit today. TL;DR : 65% > 24% so SoA missions were definitely worth continuing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 11-10-2014 at 06:26 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast