COR without a shadow of a doubt has to be the most diverse job when using it for events with your LS. With a range of sj's that all work and offer different ways of playing the job what is it you like best or what style do you like best.

In terms of melee and ws using /nin or /dnc I don't like it because outside of an exp party (where I think that method shines most) I feel it diverts your buffing more to the melee's, and your a massive TP feed to the mob. Jobs like Thf, Dnc, and a DW COR dish out tonnes of TP to the mob for low DoT and most dmg comming from ws, it can, imo make fights messy, especially if your fighting a NM when a job like MNK or NIN can cap Subtle blow easily at 50% whilst dealing out good DoT, MNK especially has Pennance that means when im on MNK and fighting a NM, with Pennance up the mob is only receiving 30% of the TP a SAM, WAR or [insert job here] gives it.

Side tracking a bit, I like COR primarily for the buffs, i'm an aggressive roller making good use of JA's like Fold, SE, and RD and still get a little buzz from hitting the XI.

Aside from that, I still want to support, so comming /RDM I can take responsibility for my party's Haste cycle whil'st throwing out spells like Cure IV and Refresh as needed. The MABII is also a bonus to my play style.

Don't get me wrong, I know a COR decked out can dish out respectable DMG /RNG /WAR /NIN but other than melee-ing for TP /NIN, Eminant bullets cost to much to use them /RNG and /WAR and shoot like perhaps the job [should] be played if we talk lore & pirates etc.

Lastly, I have a WS set that I do tend to use fairly often but after buffing my second job is QD, and loading as much QD gear, MAB, MACC as possible into each slot (gotta love reforged relic feet and reforged AF legs) along with some other sexy pieces, its very easy to get 16MAB accross both ear slots for example. Only problem is is I tend to lose my TP gain if Im firing a debuff+ shot so my elemental staff will be automaticlly changed frim my default QD at the time to enhance a Dia or a Slow. Tactician's roll does end up on me a lot and its typically one of my main melee rolls so after Buffing and sj buffing, then after QD, I then get the chances to fire off solid WS's.

Thats my take on the job - How do you guys play it, and what do you see as the pro's (or con's) to your method of playing COR.