World: Leviathan
    Main Job: Summoner
    Support Job: Black mage
    Area and Coordinates: abyssea
    Party or Solo: either
    NPC Name: Conflux surveyor
    Monster Name: n/a
    Steps:
    1. Get visitant status with 90 minutes or less.
    2. talk again and request 1 stone a.k.a 30 min
    3. time remaining will be 100 not 120 which would be the full 30 min for the stone.
    You don't receive the full 30 mins a stone once you have visitant status you get like 10. The dialog screens say you get the full 30 but you end up with only 10. The number change with more abysites. I know there was another thread which stated the same thing but every reply to it said you can only have 120 mins from stones. which was not what he reported
    When player try to extend time form inside abyssea without exit form Abyssea area, it's will always give very little time than show up in dialog, just now i try again with 23 mins left inside, put 1 stone with all time extended abyassite which one stone must give 48 mins, if nothing mistake i must have
    71 mins extend, then dialog say it's give me 48 mins for that stone, but total time will be "120 mins" (which is mistake also), and when accpet then it's just give me total "44 mins" after extend which mean i get only 22 mins form that stone.
    Note he has 23 mins left. adds 1 stone and ends up with 44 after spending the 1 stone and he has all the abysites that make each stone worth 48 mins. Over all he got 22 for using the stone with visitant status already up.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    From what I've heard and experienced, you can only use/add stones up to 120 mins. That includes any time extensions you or your group get. As in, you enter and use two stones. You have all the +3 min abyssites which makes your two stones worth 96mins instead of 60. Now say an hour goes by (down to 36mins) and your pt gets one time extension. That puts your *current* time at 46mins, but your total *original* time at 106. If you try to add a stone now it's not going to give you another 48mins, it's going to give you 14 because your *original* time total is up to 106. If your original total goes over 120mins, you won't be able to add a stone even if you only have 10mins left. Kinda the same deal as when you first enter, using two stones to get 96, if you use a third you're not gonna get 144, you're gonna get 120, because that's as high as you can take it using stones.
    (0)

I'd like some additional information from you to look into this further.

As Quedari wonderfully put it, when this happens to you did you receive any time extensions in abyssea?
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    From my own experiences, I can add that I'm pretty certain the time you might have saved from a previous abyssea adventure counts towards this factor whether you selected to use it or not.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Dracoth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    No. I was farming a drop item and had gotten no TE chests as playing SMN no azure lights. go back to extend time and only receive a low amount of time for my stone
    (0)

Windurst is my home but other nations are also Rank 10
    Character
    Crazze
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    If you weren't getting TE's or building lights and want to get the most out of your stones exit first and then come back in to add more time. Like other posters have said no matter what the stone says it will give you, you can only receive up to 120 minutes when you first enter Abyssea. And even if you received no TE's that 120 cap still exists if you decide to add more time. So next time just exit and save yourself the trouble of having this issue.

Quedari did a great job explaining so if you still don't understand then when in doubt just exit first and then come back in to add more time. If you are trying to suggest that the npc will tell you the exact amount of time you will get instead of how much the stone is worth then I think that is a good suggestion. But you getting less time from a stone without exiting is not a bug.
    (0)
    90 Jobs THF BLM RNG SAM RDM WAR

This is good to find out. I've had this happen to me many times and was not happy when I only got +4 mins when I used a stone for extension once. NPC confirmed 120 mins before I hit the "accept" then afterwards, it gave me only +4 mins. Would be nice if we can get the NPC to tell you the correct amount of time you'll be given when using the "extension" feature.
    (0)

2004-2011