Frequency:Always
    Character Name:Rinkydink
    Race: elvaan M
    World:bismarck
    Area and Coordinates:somewhere deep in Kazham
    Party or Solo:Both
    NPC Name:Jakoh Wahcondalo
    Quest - cloak and Dagger

Trying to unlock Evisceration, Jakoh speaks once and the game completely crashes. Have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled run file check and disk check and i STILL cannot unlock the quest.

no other platform i can try it on
    (0)

Have you tried hiding the dagger in the cloak? Sorry couldn't resist.
    (0)

The REAL WHM AF

Hello Rinkydink, thank you for posting about the problem you are having with your game crashing. That does sound odd that reinstalling would not resolve the problem. I'm going to move your thread to the Technical Support area to see if they can resolve the issue for you. If not, I'll be happy to escalate your issue to the developers for investigation.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not to accuse, but you don't use any 3rd party programs such as Windower do you? If so you might need to try running the game normally or even in full screen mode. Additionally, there is a possibility that antivirus software has triggered a quarantine of a file within the ffxi structure. I had an issue long ago that attempting to trade resulted in crash. I had to reinstall to a new location, without antivirus running, and then tell antivirus software not to scan the folders within the Playonline Directory. Try these suggestions and see if you still have the same problem.
    (0)

Character
    Raanan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 96
    I dont have antivirus for this exact reason. Ive tried reinstalling it in my back up drive for just in case there was something corrupt in the main drive and still the same error.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, you might want to amend your first post to include which version of windows you are running as well as card type and driver version you are using. I'll have to give this quest a go on my secondary after the servers come up since I am running Win 7 64bit now, apposed to XP 32 bit when I did the quest on my primary account years ago.
    (0)

Greetings, Rinkydink!
    Upon further review of the information that you have provided, it may be best for this matter to be looked into further, so I will make sure to move this thread from "Technical Support" back to "In-Game Bugs," just in case. Thanks for your participation!
    (0)

Greetings again, Rinkydink!
    I wanted to inform you that I have submitted this information to the development team for further investigation. I understand your desire to finally complete the "Cloak and Dagger" quest, so I recommend keeping posted to this thread for any news about the investigation. I hope everything works out well for you soon. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)