Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    It's just a joke he's making acting as though he were blending in with the surroundings and trying to be like an airship attendant. Ya know like he's providing air travel service in his own little way by warping people.

Also that map isn't a fake, because it was never claimed to be real. It was a speculative map made by someone on KillingIfrit years ago and it's been messing with noobs ever since.
    (0)

Character
    Ciecle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    because talking like a pirate and having an eye patch who refers to his friend beside him that people just disappear while talking to, isn't specious or questionable at all. Yes the map was 'faked' but the thread stated 'Official World map of Final Fantasy XI' a LONG time ago which in turn claimed it as a 'real' map till someone debunked it.

The 'map' maybe fake, but it still gives hope due to the random items we have around the game, as well as npcs who talk about the other continents, that gave everyone a inclination of 'More then just these 3 pieces of land we can travel on right now' which is how the map came to be in the first place. lol
    (0)

Character
    Daleterrence
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    He says exactly the same line as Guddal when you are done talking to him. (The guy you get your Kazham Airship pass from) so I'm going to guess it's a bug.
    (0)
    Sup Forum?

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's a mistake, as has been noted.

Also, there's a lot of dialogue in the game that is untrue or inaccurate - mostly because devs changed their mind or forgot about it later on. This is especially noticeable in mission cutscenes that reference areas not yet released when the cutscene was made.

1: In one of the San d'Oria missions regarding Fei'yin, a NPC mentions similar crag-like ruins have been found near Cape Teriggan. There are no such ruins near Teriggan - but I assume this was referencing the then unreleased Chamber of Oracles.

2: Ou'Phat Obelisk (spelling?) was once in the game as an inaccessible zone. It was possible to reach it with methods that would get your account suspended/banned. This zone was later released and renamed as Temenos. Apollyon was also in the game for quite some time before the introduction of Limbus - but before the release of Limbus it was called Lower Promyvion. Ou'Phat was referenced in a few of the later CoP missions. References to Ou'Phat were made before the release of Limbus.

3: Nag'molda mentions more powerful versions of Omega/Shinryu being hidden deep within Al'Taieu... not sure if the dialouge was changed, but I think it's pretty clear he meant the Limbus bosses. Again, this text predates Limbus.
    (0)

I think it would be a good tactic for SE to relese these new contenets, especially the ones that have been mentioned in the storylines, however I could see it being a problem with PS2, if SE wanted to release a new expasnion they might have to look at how the PS2 transfers game to memory, in essence creating page filing for the PS2 if that is possible. but I know they will not drop PS2 support inorder to do this.

Also what somone said about wanting to go to tavnazia, if they decided to implement it, i could see them doing it in 1 of 2 ways:

1. as a city in the past, and also add campaign to lufase medows and misreaux coast.

2. as a sort of necropolis of the ruins after it got destroyed, they could use it as a new dungeon, possibly somwhere for lvl 99 endgame, also if they choose this option, for access you could get a cs from a NPC in the safehold saying that the ruins of tavnazia have now been opened, however it is full of powerful monsters etc etc. and they want adventurers to clear the monsters out so they can rebuild tavnazia. If this was endgame, they could add aburation type rewards which you would trade with some gear to a NPC in the safehold to get uncursed, as a reward for helping them out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delsus; 03-09-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciecle View Post
    ok, So SE moving this thread from bugs > Discussion because the thread has become 'Lore Oriented'... is there something we're not seein?
    Is the map true?
    Is horst connected somewhere we've not looked that's plainly obvious we're blind to it?...
    Is something on the way that we need to find out first before SE opens up the box?

Anyone have a forbidden key to open this box of mysteries?! ._.
    My beef with the term Forbidden Key is that ANYONE can basically obtain them... Not really that forbidden then are they? Just wanted to point that out!
    (0)

Hey guys, thanks for the great posts! We actually reviewed this one again, and we were unable to confirm if this is a bug or not. We apologize for the confusion caused by moving the thread as lore related, as we're not confirming this is intended.

We'll have this escalated to the developers right away though! Please keep an eye out on patch notes that are released through www.PlayOnline.com for any possible fixes regarding the NPC's dialogue. Thank you!
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3