Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Quality of Life Ideas & More

I love the fact that you guys are trying to improve the game and actually listening to players. So, let me share a couple of ideas that I've come up with.

Client-Side Inventory: This would be a great idea because then, you can remove the new "loading" icon and speed things up. There's no reason why your inventory should be completely saved server side. A simple command to the server when zoning would resolve a lot of system stress, "has the inventory changed?" yes/no command would remove the need to constantly re-download your entire inventory every time you do something. I notice the problem more on the 360 than PC or PS2. And if I'm swapping from one area to another, I have to wait for my inventory to load first. And it sucks when I'm trying to do some quick quests for bayld, or use the mog house for changing from one zone to another.

Save Password: The game used to save your password, why doesn't it anymore? I can understand wanting to be more secure, but if I have a security token, no one is hacking into my account. Plain and simple, it's just not gonna happen. Save the password so that all I have to do is input the 6 digit code and log in faster. And speaking of logging in faster...

Remove PlayOnline Viewer: I can understand that it used to serve a purpose, it really serves no purpose anymore. If you remove it, the PS2 may actually be able to get a little extra life too. It's only taking up space. You have to wait for the POL viewer to load, then wait for FFXI to load, and you can't DO ANYTHING on the POL viewer anymore. Tetra Master is no more, the mail service is removed, FFXIV doesn't use POL like was originally intended way back when FFXI first came out. (POL was supposed to be a universal hub for hosting all SE online games and it flopped)

Remove Login Timeout: It's annoying to log in to the game, and time out at the Accept/Deny screen. That should either be removed completely, or the timeout should be removed. Personally, I'm leaning towards removing that screen altogether. It no longer serves a purpose. No one reads it, and everything that is included in that screen, has already been stated in great detail when you set up your account (either for the first time or when adding your account to a new device). No one reads the screen and it's just a waste.

GM Contact: There needs to be a much more efficient and streamlined method of contacting GM's. If my character gets stuck, the only way to contact a GM is by stating that you would like to report an issue that violates the ToS. Guess what, stuck character? DOESN'T VIOLATE THE TOS! Technically speaking, if your character is stuck, TS for you. There needs to be a new GM service introduced that allows players to file complaints and other issues better.

In-game Bug Reporting: I still can't believe that this game has been around for 12 years and there is STILL no way to report bugs in-game. I've actually had issues and tried to report it to a GM and been given the run around. "Go to the Square-Enix site to place this report." I don't want to leave my game to go report a bug. I really don't care enough to do that. I want to play this game and have fun. Depending on the "crew" of GM's that are working, sometimes reporting stuff can be productive, other times it feels like falling out a window. Even still, I've had times where a GM refuses to talk and gives me an automated reply which answers absolutely nothing.

Timestamps: (W4) I just got done reporting a bug to a GM in-game and while they were quick to get my issue resolved, I couldn't tell them what time it happened. Surprisingly, they ask people all the time, "what time did this occur?" I should know by now that they're going to ask, but I never record the time. That's the last thing on my mind. A simple /textcommand added to the game to /displaytimestamp would be amazing. It would also help out players who are waiting for certain monsters to spawn.

Old ideas that I'm refreshing:

Mog Cache:
    Allow for all items that can be equipped to the top row of the equipment screen to be stored here. Main, sub, ranged, ammo. This would free up system resources because instead of having to check through all the items like this in the Mog Wardrobe, they would have their own area. Players won't be changing their top row items as often as they will their armor. Because swapping dumps TP.

Mog House Decorations:
    If an item is being displayed in the Mog House, let the item be removed from the Mog Safe. That would make people actually WANT to decorate their homes. Personally, I have 3 mannequins just for storage space and I really do not want anything else on display because it gives me negative inventory space. You could resolve this issue easily by adding a new storage area that can not be directly accessed, kinda like the Mog Wardrobe, but strictly for furniture.

Mannequin Storage:
    If you equip something to your mannequin, remove it from storage. Just like the above idea, this would encourage people to decorate their homes and not have naked mannequins. I have a couple of friends that have 2 naked mannequins, just because they wanted the +60 at the cost of -2 inventory space, but don't want to waste space decorating their mannequin.

(KI) Key Ring:
    When I pick up a key, either make a new Key Item spot for keys, or give us separate storage for them. I know that not many people hold on to keys, usually you toss them unless you need them, but I think this would be a nice idea. Mostly just for convenience. It wouldn't be too hard to do this, the only downfall would be that instead of only one person getting the key item, the whole party would get it. But, that's not really that big of an issue anymore, is it? It's not like it's hard to farm anything anymore, especially keys. Plus, if someone already has the KI, would it matter if they get it again? Not really, it wouldn't make a difference since you can only hold one.

22 Macro Books:
    I know that the "20 macro books / 20 jobs" thing was a coincidence. But is there any chance we can "coincidentally" get another 2 books? I like having a set of books for each job. It's nice and convenient.

Additional Ideas:

WHM Natural Refresh: White Mages STILL have no natural ("Natural" means the job by itself with no subjob or other item) refresh capability. Every single mage job in the game (any job that uses MP naturally) has some form of natural refresh.

Hastega: For White Mage, maybe? Or some way to *-ga a Haste spell. WHM focuses on *-ga spells already, why is there only a single target Haste?

Monomi: Ni
    Just sayin'

Call Wyvern: Dragoon should be able to call their wyvern every 10 minutes. That 20 minute recast timer might have been a HUGE improvement back when it was originally their 2 hour ability. But wyvern are able to die a LOT more easily now. A DRG has to kill themselves to keep their wyvern alive so that they can utilize their jumps AND keep up with the damage that other jobs are putting out.

Mithra race ability: Can eat raw fish
    Galka race ability: Can eat raw meat
    Elvaan race ability: Bonus from drinking tea
    No other race abilities? Really? Maybe we can get this fixed? While we're at it, let's make the bonus more pronounced.

Repatriation: Spell or instant use scroll

Reviviscence : Ferreous Coffin uses this in the past, but the Trust NPC doesn't use it. Maybe it's about time to give it to White Mages? Or at the very least, let the Trust NPC use it on you.

Job Specific Emotes: Been a while since RUN and GEO were released, where's their emotes?

Ideas that I had posted 3 years ago:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-FFXI-Portable

Jukebox (Title Screen): I know I had posted this idea before, but I can't find where. Doesn't matter though, because they finally added it.

FFXI Portable Apps

Security token app: You no longer need to hock up $9.99 for a new token, every time it breaks or the batteries die. They listened and took my idea! However, now I can expand on this idea...

Security Token USB: Allow players to plug in a newer version of the security token to their computer/PS2/360 which will automatically allow you to login without having to input any information. This could also allow the device to recharge the battery (or if the battery is shot, bypass it altogether). If you have the app on your phone, just plug in your phone. Personally, I'd rather have a USB device that I could plug in and leave. But if I ever wanted to play at a friends house, I could grab the token and bring it with me. It would still be capable of pressing a button and getting the code, but plugging in would be a more convenient way of doing things.

Fishing app: Wouldn't give anyone an unfair advantage, just allow you to fish from your phone. You could even say you're fishing at a fishing park so that you don't get aggro, but have to pay per hour. It would definitely be more amusing to pull back the phone to reel it in. I mean, why not go for this idea? Fishing has already been hugely redone already. This would just allow people the chance to skillup while at work on their lunch break. Or while waiting for a movie to start, food to be made, class to start, plane to land, whatever!

Armory/Inventory app: This could allow you to manage your inventory, just like being in your Mog House. If you're wondering what the purpose is, think about it this way. You could use your phone to transfer items from a mule to your main and vice-versa, without ever having to log in/out.

Auction House app: This could either be a part of the previous app or a separate app altogether. But basically, you get to check/buy/sell stuff at the AH, from the convenience of your phone. It would be nice to get push notifications to my phone when something sells. This is just the most basic idea for this app. It has the potential to make the AH much more profitable for everyone. Especially if you can use it to post more than just your regular 7 items.

Storage Slip App: This could allow you to check the contents of your storage slips, without having to go to the Porter Moogle. I know that there are some third party apps that let you keep track of stuff like this, but they suck. Getting one that can actually check your account to let you know what you have, would be nice.

Emperyon Tracker: Allows you to track the status of your Emperyon weapons/armor. See what you have +1/+2 and what seals you have for each piece. Ehh, this was a better idea back when Emperyon meant something. Not really that great of an idea anymore. But maybe it can be changed a bit to work better with the new iLevel gear.

Chocobo Raising App: Chocogatchi!

Crafting app: Probably the best idea for an app, ever. Let people craft, on their phone. You could buy the items you need from guilds without traveling, buy from the auction house, and sell whatever you craft to either a guild or place it on the auction house. This could also be kept completely separate from your main inventory. Let's say that if you want an item in your inventory, you have to send it from your phone to your inventory, specifically. Otherwise, everything stays on your phone so that you can NPC it in bulk, or break it down for items to use again for more crafting. Of course, skilling up should be available too. How great would it be to have a completely differently inventory on your phone, that doesn't impact your in-game inventory? I'd start crafting again immediately! And being able to craft on my phone while waiting at the doctors office!?

~~~~~

Ideas from other users

Teleportation Services: These really do need to be consolidated so that they are less redundant.

~~~~~

Feel free to comment how you feel about these ideas. Who knows, maybe SE will take notice and provide some feedback on our ideas?

~~~~~

Updated section:
    I've been saying it for years, let's include the many features that Windower already allows. Looks like SE is finally listening. I'm gonna try to keep track of them all too.

Equipment sets: Custom macros for changing gear

/itemsearch: I forget what this was called

/partyinfo showtp: Also known as "TParty"

/lockstyle: Also known as "Blink-me-not"

I think there were a couple more, but I just find it funny that I've said this for years and SE is finally stepping up.
    (4)
    Last edited by Wolfe; 09-07-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Expanding on ideas
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Player
    To add to this: Consolidate the redundant systems that do the same thing (e.g., Homepoint crystals, OP warp, survival manuals, etc.)
    (2)