Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

SE, can you tell us why you won't uncap our pets?

Hello SE,

Can you give us a better explanation why you won't even consider uncapping our pets instead of the standing terse answer?

Uncapping our pets is a fantastic idea. It will immediately give beastmasters a plethora of pets that became obsolete and it would give beastmasters more versatility with which pet to choose for which battle.

I ask you, specifically the devs, to please reconsider uncapping our pets and set your inner furry free!
    (17)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    This a million times. WE all know you aren't going to release new jugs fast enough... it completely defeats the whole bestiary purpose of bst when there are only 2-3 worth using because of stupid caps and you guys not coming out with higher capped ones that don't completely suck (read we don't need another frog, mandy or crab)

Plus think of all the work it would save you. No pressure to make new jugs!!!
    (11)

Player

THIS!

I agree as well!

When new content is released, new jug pets will never be released in a reasonable time frame for Beastmasters to be competitive.

Please reconsider, SE!
    (7)

Player
    There are no plans to tell you why we will not uncap your pets;
    (9)

When PUP and SMN get their 117/119 ammo, they choose between pets based on function; they're all the same level.
    When a BST gets a 119 axe, has their merits and gloves and whatever, they have to choose from a short list of meh jugs that will be high enough level.
    How is this fair?
    Why can't BSTs choose from all the tools at their disposal like other jobs can?
    (12)

It's ridiculous... I mean here we are, MONTHS after the Weaponskill update that left us even further in the dust and all we've heard is a vague promise to make us more powerful... but through means that we all know WON'T WORK. Meanwhile no new pets - just some half baked "HQ" jugs with no additional real utility - what a waste.

I'm sorry, if SAM can crap out massive weaponskills one after the other, I don't see why allowing the pets we have to go to max level is somehow overpowered. Frankly, none of them will make even the slightest difference to our usability unless beast affinity is turned into a boost above ilevel... considering that they won't even let us bring our mediocre stable of pets to 119... not feeling optimistic. I mean seriously, WHAT is overpowered about ANY of our old pets?

We've seen repeatedly that BST pets need to have a level bonus to be of any use on content - otherwise they are REALLY crappy.
    (11)
    Last edited by Olor; 08-12-2014 at 07:10 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    We're waiting for an answer, SE. Camate, let them know.
    (7)

Player
    As much as I hate the non-answers we get from the community team, let's not pretend that they have any say in whether or not this gets answered. They already passed on that we want them uncapped, and the devs said no, I don't think they'll have given a reason.

I can simulate what they devs might say if you like:

"Blah blah, balance, blah blah misrepresentation of how job is played, blah blah something to do about crafting. Because Beastmaster is a pet job we feel that giving them anything beneficial would be unfair to the jobs that do 3x as much damage, but we plan to give you a level 119 toad called ImpotentLarry that will flacidly attack and not have any tp moves. Please look forward to it.

We are not currently aware that when we raise the item cap again we will have to repeat this tedious process and outdate anything we release now. "
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    we plan to give you a level 119 toad called ImpotentLarry that will flacidly attack and not have any tp moves. Please look forward to it.
    YES. This is precisely what they will do. Cause god knows all BST wanted was a COMPLETELY useless pet.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

It's just as dumbass as the PUP and DRG updates. Nothing that really addresses the true problems with the jobs, nothing that boosts anything other than the same old cookie-cutter princess jobs. Nothing that gives any of us a chance to enjoy content like everybody else or a reason to continue playing.
    (7)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast