Thread: Raging Fists

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Raging Fists

Ok, so until recently I have not had a decent ws. My best being Asuran Fists, or Howling Fist at 300% TP, with the ability to unlock Victory Smite now that's exactly what I did and it is everything I hoped for in a ws. There is however something that I was playing around with while I was stuck with rubbish ws's.

In Abyssea, VS will always win due to RR, and it pretty much wins outside of Abyssea except for one situation.

Raging Fists has simple ftp modifier of 1.0/1.5/2.0, which shouldn't make much of a difference anyway because it is only relevant for the first hit, and considering Raging Fists is a 5hit ws, that can potentially end up hitting the ws hit maximum of 8hits if TA's or DA's occur.

Wiki has WSC down as 30% STR and 30% DEX, so due to all the STR and DEX we have nowadays (over 200 of each) it actually pays more of a role in putting out damage as WSC is part of every hit of the WS. If those numbers are correct then say you were to Raging Fist in 200STR and 200DEX thats and additional ~100 damage per strike.

AF will always be rubbish because it is basically just 8 slightly more powerful punches in one go, nothing special there, can't crit, nothing to see there.

Some things I can't explain, and I ask fellow MNKs to look into this themselves, is that at 300% TP I can pump out a Raging Fist with damage ranging from 5k-10k+, my highest on what I presume to not have any other damage modifiers was 10256 on Behemoth at 300% TP.

The next part is from eyeballing because it doesn't make much sense to me, the difference between a 100% TP RF and a 300% TP RF seems to be a couple/few thousand dmg. I ws in a Thunder belt so that would add an additional 0.1ftp to the first hit.

I wish I could show you some screenshots (but I haven't set a picture button yet for my control pad, even then editing the photo for the damage part I wouldn't know what to use) but its really easy to see the damage for yourselves, I only returned to the game 3-4weeks ago after a 3 year break and play through steam without SoA at present so all this is from old-skool mobs from WoE, Dyna, campaign, and behemoth where pDif is capped or close to cap.

The damage speaks for itself, but that would mean the modifiers I presume somewhere are wrong, and there shouldn't be such a large gap in damage between a 100% RF and a 300% RF unless the ftp went up more like 1.0/2.0/3.0 as that would effectively add 2 more punches worth of damage at 300% tp over that of 100% tp.

The final thing I'd like to throw out there is - Is Raging Fist our best WS at 300% TP or does damage really suffer on harder mobs where pDif hovers around 1.0 where a ws like Victory Smite can shine at 300% TP if crits kick in.
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Going to reply to myself here, but RF really does kick ass - all the times Im using it just take into account pdif (or attack) is pretty much capped and the difference between 100% and 300% is huge. Either SE have messed with this WS or when it was initially tested ftp and mods were wrong.
    (0)

You're using outdated info is all

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Raging_Fists

There you go, BG Wiki has updated all the information on WS Damage boosts added an update or so ago, I think they've updated em all now.
    (1)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Wow, 9.0 ftp at 300%, it is by far our best WS 250%+

In essence, at 100% ftp is 1.0 and its a 5hit ws with your 30% DEX/STR mods, it might DA or TA on any of those 5 hit BUT
    at 300% TP the first hit is worth 9 hits, then you have the 4 remaining etc but ftp of 9.0 is HUGE. No Wonder Its been pumping out numbers of 10k+ at times,
    Due to the first hit having a 9.0ftp I'd also be interested in seeing the dmg output /THF doing a Sneak Attack Raging Fists, just for lulz.

Its a very powerful WS if you end up with more TP then you should do, if your in Abyssea Smiting Blow and Raging Fists will probably out damage VS but thats just a theory.
    (0)