Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Monstrosity: What did we get and are we getting more soon? (question to the Dev team)

Dear Square-Enix,

Last year you introduced new content called Monstrosity.
    Being able to roam the zones of Vana'diel and slaying countless enemies as demigods is truly an amazing experience.

Unlocking instincts and new monsters using a simple leveling system feels very rewarding.

You've added Birds, Aquans and Amorphs. (as well as a few extra enemies from existing families, like Gnat).

You've made a few (nice) tweaks to instincts and being able to sort them.

Then all of a sudden you stopped releasing content for this awesome feature.
    My only question is: why?

Is it because other stuff got priority?
    Or are you giving up on expanding on this incredibly potential content?

If time permits, I sincerly hope that you will continue working on Monstrosity.
    Add the other families, implement some form of party mode and add a few areas for the level 80 ~ 99 ranges.

That's all Monstrosity really needs. There don't have to be amazing rewards, but if you can implement them then more power to you. However, content in the game can be purely for fun too.

If possible, I'd like to hear a response from someone from the Dev. team on the status of Monstrosity at this point.

I still play Monstrosity every single day and I enjoy it immensily. It would be such a shame if this got abandoned like Pankration or similar content.

Thank you for reading this.

with regards,

Gameesh
    (5)

Thank you, I was actually thinking about posting something similar. Very disappointing to see nothing MON-related month after month.
    (0)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Would love to see more zones opened up for Belligerency so that there's more variety in leveling spots. Monstrosity is still one of the most efficient ways to farm sparks but killing the same mobs in Buburimu over and over and over again is just not fun. Also, some decent rewards would certainly breath life back into this dying feature.
    (1)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Player
    Meh, until they give monstrosity an actual endgame reward of some sort, I'd rather it be untouched, so that dev time is placed on things I care about more. It's too bad, it was really fun until the gleam wore off and I just had to work on things that actually made my main character stronger instead of what felt like 'wasting' time, XI-wise.
    (1)

FFXI needs more fun side activities that actually have rewards. This seems like a nice place to start since it can theoretically be a good pvp outlet as well.

They really should look into making it better.
    (2)

Player
    I didn't even like Monstrosity, but I agree. Once again I think it represents SE's poor commitment to ideas. It's not the first, either, remember slotting?

They should at least make good on all their initial promises.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I know they told us about party play like a year ago and still nothing... and revamp the rewards for pvp... like at the very least allow us to convert the currency to something actually useful instead of those junk neck pieces that most people wouldn't have worn at 75
    (1)

Dev response plz
    (3)