Hello,

NOTE: To not waste this space completely, I am going to provide the requested information / reply for the original issue (Please see below). Thus there are two issues addressed in this message.

Issue 1:
I'm sorry for starting another thread and for NOT replying directly to the original thread, but I can't figure out how to reply, at least not directly and successfully. When I do try to reply I'm told:
IBHalliwell, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home
The original thread is:
Character able to re-enter another character's mog house after leaving party / loggin
URL: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43587-Character-able-to-re-enter-another-character-s-mog-house-after-leaving-party-loggin

COMMENT: I find it strange I'm able to start a thread, but not reply to the same thread I started.

Additionally: Also I'm not sure how to send a PM to the author of the reply (instead of answering here). When I go to his page all I can do is look up his posts, nothing more.

Issue 2: This is the reply to the requester of the original opened issue, which is in the "Insufficient Information" sub forum.

ORIGINAL REPORT
Hello,

My Son wanted to see my mog house on his system and so asked me to open my mog house. Once we got him in and he looked around for a bit, he logged out. when he logged back into the game, he ended up in my room.

I still had the Mog House open, but he was NOT in my party. I have a screenshot of him in my room / mog house, but NOT in my party. NOTE: He stayed in the room in this manner for well over 5 minutes before we decided to say ... possible bug!

We tried the same above, but I closed the mog house, while he was logged off the game. Upon logging back in, he was in the room for a second, but then booted. He wasn't booted in the previous set up / test.

Sincerely yours,

I. B. Halliwell of Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)

We appreciate you taking the time to report this error to us. However, there are still some details that we need to collect from you before we are able to investigate this properly. If you could please provide the following information, we will make sure that your report is looked into so we can try to resolve it.

Platform:
ISP:
Type of Internet Connection:
Internet Connection Speed:
Date & Time:
Frequency:
Character Name:
Race:
World:
Main Job:
Support Job:
Area and Coordinates:
Party or Solo:
NPC Name:
Monster Name:
Steps:

<*Add more steps if necessary.>

REPLY TO THE REPLY

Platform: Windows 7, Real PS2, and PS2 on a PS3
ISP: Various, including Comcast and Ting (via Sprint)
Type of Internet Connection: Various: Ethernet (Cable)
Internet Connection Speed: Various: Cable: 130Mbps
Date & Time: August 3, 2014 at around 11:40 CDT (Cable);
August 6, 2014 at around 16:28 CDT (Cable)
Frequency: 100% of the time we've tried it, which is three times.
Character Name: IBHalliwell and RamRat
Race: Hume and Tarutaru
World: Ragnarok
Main Job: 99SUM (IBHalliwell) and 99DNC (RamRat)
Support Job: 49RDM (IBHalliwell) and 49RDM (RamRat)
Area and Coordinates: Mog House; Bastok Mines.
Party or Solo: Party
NPC Name: N/A
Monster Name: N/A
100,00 foot view: Steps:
1. Open Mog House and let party member in.
2. Party Member logs out.
3. Party Member logs back in.
4. Party Member stays in Mog House even though not in a party . (NOTE: The leader / mog house owner keeps the mog house open the entire time, etc.)

THOUGHT: Part of me would like this to be "working as designed," but then I'd like it clearly documented as part of the design / release news about it. Why working? What if someone gets kicks by a bad network connection.

YET: It really is NOT "working as designed," because if you allow this one then it would make sense to ask what about when someone is out fighting , . . Though the cases are not similar, as the party in the M.H. case is an invite list plus who I am allowing to stay in the mog house .... and not an active fighting list of characters.

In the end, I see this as a bug and not "working as designed," because of the need for the party leader / MH owner to be able to control who stays in his home. This bug takes that authority from him.

Additional Documentation:

I have two photos of this situation and posted on Flicker. The first one shows when the person logs back in and the second one shows him still in the M.H. 18 Vana'diel minutes later.

They are at:

Photo Name: ffxi_2014.08.06_16.28.35
Vana'diel time: 17:52
URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10283584@N05/14660507750/

Photo Name: ffxi_2014.08.06_16.29.20
Vana'diel time: 18:10
URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10283584@N05/14660507940/