Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Any chance we can have HP Bayld become more available?

Is there any chance the two new Mythic Quests (RUN/GEO) can be "balanced" out to be roughly equivalent to all other job Mythic quests?

Specifically I'm talking about making "Linen" versions of the HP Bayld items needed which would contain ~99 items and having these made available more readily, as we see in Salvage runs. Apparently 'Cotton" pouch versions of these already exist, but I've never seen nor heard of anyone getting these in a WKR, so the drop rate must be absurd.

Currently on my server, prices of HP Bayld range from 30-40k, compared to Alex which have dropped to 7-8k (and are currently being over-farmed now that the fishing nerf was implemented). So 1 Ergon Weapon is about equivalent to 4 Mythics (not comparing other aspects of the quests of course – Coalition to Legend vs. Assaults, Einherjar vs. Delve Boss items, etc)

I can farm 150 Alex solo in about 1hr, whereas to farm that many HP Bayld through all means WKR, Rieves, buying with Bayld (10k = 1 HP) would take me around 1 week+, so basically unless you're a player that has amassed 500mil gil somehow, these new Ergon weapons are wildly unattainable compared to all other job Mythics.

Can we have balance... please?

Tiny
    (4)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    actually an ergon weapon (assumeing 30k hp bayld and not higher) costs: 13099x 30k = 392'970'000 gil, whereas a mythic costs (lets assume 8.5k per alex, at least on myserver thats the lowest you get mostly) = 30000x8500=255'000'000, so an ergon weapon costs 1.5 mythics (at this moment) so no it doesnt cost 4 mythics ¬.¬

EDIT: to contribute to your question, I do agree that there isnt enough HP-Bayld in circulation. They should add the rate up a bit (just a tiny bit).
    (0)
    Last edited by Damane; 08-08-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The problem isn't right now. It costs so much right now because they are bought almost immediately so demand is pretty high since they're rather new. However, since there's no efficient way to solo these the problem is going to be in about a year when WKRs don't draw the crowds they used to.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    The problem isn't right now. It costs so much right now because they are bought almost immediately so demand is pretty high since they're rather new. However, since there's no efficient way to solo these the problem is going to be in about a year when WKRs don't draw the crowds they used to.
    You're on Bahamut, where are you getting the idea that the demand is so high? Just takes 1 or 2 people to be making a weapon for there to be a demand. Demand certainly isn't very high though, prices have dropped down to less than 20k, though due to supply being short, 30k~ish ones are still bought. Saw someone shouting off almost 300 at 19k and someone shouting off over a thousand of them at 22k earlier today (though this one mighta been HMPs, I honestly forget).

I do agree though that without some radical changes at some point, these will be incredibly difficult to make.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 08-08-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    7/10/14

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You're on Bahamut, where are you getting the idea that the demand is so high? Just takes 1 or 2 people to be making a weapon for there to be a demand. Demand certainly isn't very high though, prices have dropped down to less than 20k, though due to supply being short, 30k~ish ones are still bought. Saw someone shouting off almost 300 at 19k and someone shouting off over a thousand of them at 22k earlier today (though this one mighta been HMPs, I honestly forget).

I do agree though that without some radical changes at some point, these will be incredibly difficult to make.
    yeah but it only needs a slight increase, if they increase it too much it would get way too easy to finish those weapons. And those arent weak mythics by any means, they are pritty strong. i think what they should do is have an option to turn all RoE WKR KIs in for a guaranteed Linen and raise the pouch drop rate on WKR slightly. Even this might be maybe too much of an increase on a currency only 2 (not so popular) jobs use.
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You're on Bahamut, where are you getting the idea that the demand is so high?
    I probably should have specified that I meant relatively high, with them being still newish and all. I didn't mean to imply that there were hundreds of people tripping over each other lining up to get their weapons but demand is probably as high as it's ever going to be without changes to the ease of obtaining them. As time goes on and HP bayld becomes rarer and rarer more and more people will drop out of the race and try to cut their loses and they'll go the same route as Empyrean weapons. That's what happens when you attach upgrade items that you literally need thousands of to content that you need multiple people to do and have them drop only 1~20 at a time.
    (1)

Since Ergon Weapons have been set as extremely strong weapons, the development team does not have any plans to ease up on the process for obtaining them. With that said, there are no plans at this time to make high purity bayld more readily available.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Ok that's that then I guess. See you in about 3 years when my Stage 3 requirement is done then I guess.

Meanwhile I'll enjoy seeing everyone else wrapping up their Mythics (many of which are significantly more "powerful" than RUN/GEO) getting completed in about 2 months time because Alex is in pretty much everyone's bazaars for rock bottom prices (dipped to around 6-7k on my server vs. 30-40k per HP Bayld)

Considering these two jobs are barely ever asked to join in endgame activities, giving them the absolutely hardest weapon quests in the game, seems kind of insulting to me.

I think SE needs clarify what they mean, when they use the term "balance."
    (7)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since Ergon Weapons have been set as extremely strong weapons, the development team does not have any plans to ease up on the process for obtaining them. With that said, there are no plans at this time to make high purity bayld more readily available.

This doesn't make sense though, Koga and Yagrush is just as powerful/job changing as ergon weapons, and it's 1/3 of price to build. Someone on BG just posted 15 mythics in his inv, gonna collect them all!
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This doesn't make sense though, Koga and Yagrush is just as powerful/job changing as ergon weapons, and it's 1/3 of price to build. Someone on BG just posted 15 mythics in his inv, gonna collect them all!
    He was probably a blinkionare lol. Probably has more to do with having capped gil and boredom and how long mythics have been out than actual ease/cost to make ergons
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast