Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Shame is, GEO is really game-breaking with Idris/Bell... Can provide quite insane buffs/debuffs.
    A good Idris Geo is pretty ridiculous already. I'm excited for the buffs coming on Tuesday, depending on what they do, the job is gonna be near OP. It already feels that way at times.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I got like 4000 HP bayld without trying *at all* just half asleep in Lair Rieves/Colo rieves/WKR , trading in useless bayld from easy coalition assignments. All on solo, unlike my empys which require thousands of alliance runs, and yield 99% trees/fish/meds with capped proc lights and capped KI's.
    Wow, I'm lucky if I see 1 HP Bayld every 4 Colonization Rieve. So for me to get 4000 would be equivalent to 16,000 Colo runs. Or 4000 WKR, or 4000 Legend level Scouts Coalition runs (best one so far with 3 Imps yields 11k Bayld).

You must be really busy not trying "at all" lol
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytimtaru View Post
    Wow, I'm lucky if I see 1 HP Bayld every 4 Colonization Rieve. So for me to get 4000 would be equivalent to 16,000 Colo runs. Or 4000 WKR, or 4000 Legend level Scouts Coalition runs (best one so far with 3 Imps yields 11k Bayld).

You must be really busy not trying "at all" lol
    I had like 8m bayld before the HP version up, so I just spent that on HP.

I get HP all day long on easy lair rieves. And they are like 5 min repop lol.

And I spam legend assignments too. It all adds up. I sold all my HP for 16k each.

And the point I was making was that its all super easy solo content which drops HP, unlike VW which is alliance+proc and has a terrible drop rate.

Seriously if SE let me choose HP instead of HMP/cinders for my empys, I would light fireworks and dance around for joy. :P
    (1)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    You're on Bahamut, where are you getting the idea that the demand is so high?
    I probably should have specified that I meant relatively high, with them being still newish and all. I didn't mean to imply that there were hundreds of people tripping over each other lining up to get their weapons but demand is probably as high as it's ever going to be without changes to the ease of obtaining them. As time goes on and HP bayld becomes rarer and rarer more and more people will drop out of the race and try to cut their loses and they'll go the same route as Empyrean weapons. That's what happens when you attach upgrade items that you literally need thousands of to content that you need multiple people to do and have them drop only 1~20 at a time.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you've been throwing it away, you've essentially been throwing away 30k per HP Bayld.

Wonder how much gil you've tossed
    Probably not a huge amount. I'd estimate I've tossed no more than 5. I like to solo XP sometimes down in Outer Ra'Kaznar, but there's a Colonization Reive that's always getting in my way. I've gotten several HP Bayld which I didn't want to bother bazaaring and like 9 JSE capes in the process.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Well, Ergon weapons once finished are 119... So lets compare them to 119 Mythics.

First you have 30,000 Alex, at 8k a pop, is roughly 240,000,000 Gil. Then, you need 5 Mulciber's Scoria, which if you can even find, are going to price you around 6-15 mil based on your server... lets middle ground that to about 10mil, meaning an additional 50 mil. So a Mythic is going to cost you 290,000,000 gil, this isn't including time invested in redoing the Assaults and such, since Ergons have some time invested too.

Ergon weapons require... 100 + 500 + 2500 + 9999 for all stages, totalling 13,099 HPB... which are 10-50k realistically, but I'll average 30k for the calculation here. 392,970,000... Next, the items that you need for each stage, I'm removing the Stones from the equation as pricing them is hard to do, and for at least Ghastly/Verd, you can get a lot of them through Sparks (Trading Kupons for Onyx Fragments)

Rockfin Tooth, Gabbrath Meat - 1,150,000
    Waktza Crest, Yggdreant Bole, Cehuetzi Pelt - 2.5mil give or take.
    a Pristine Yggrete Crystal - 2.5mil Plasm, which is about 8 Yggdreant boles worth, which is about 8mil itself, but this is more opportunity cost so i wont add it to the equation.

At the end of the day, a Ergon Weapon will cost you in the range of... 396,000,000. Give or take about 100 Million more than a Mythic to 119. So in conclusion, this is the breakdown of price cost, plus or minus a few things, and I have no doubt Ergon would break 400 Mil if i include price of the Stones and gil lost trading in 2.5mil plasm.

Mythic: 290,000,000
    Ergon: 396,000,000
    PW drop is 3, not 5. Alex cost 7.5k on my server, that's 225,000,000. Scoria cost 7.5M on my server as well, so that's 247M per mythic.

Ergon needs to farm legendary rank and plasm as well, so you can't really argue that Ergon needs less time if you have gil.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think you are underestimating how powerful run/geo mythics are.... probably because you are trying to compare performances on those jobs with them instead of the weapons themselves. And well both jobs are kinda flawed compared to their counter parts

RUN mythic is probably the better DD weapon out there, gswds have the most dmg ws out there right now and even it's ergon ws is really strong AND the best defensive weapon in the game by miles... it's just on a job that doesn't have DD traits or job abilities and spends a lot of it's time using jas and spells instead of meleeing. I'd be drks best weapon if they could equip it.
    Last time I checked spreadsheet, using TP/WS set posted on AH forum, RUN ergon weapon with AM3 spamming reso can only do around 85% of dmg of Tsuru SAM on same target under same buff. I didn't add lunge/swipe dmg, but it has long recast time and you need runes to do it, which lowers DPS to put them back up, so I didn't calculate it.

A koga SAM can do a lot more than Tsuru SAM, and if you count the DPS lose to get 300 TP to activate(RUN probably get TP slower than SAM, mind you), then ergon GS is no where close to Koga's dmg. You can' compare DPS directly and say ergon GS is stronger DD weapon than mythic.

It's more of a tank weapon than DD weapon, if you want a DD weapon you'd build koga for cheaper price. It's certainly job changing enough to justify the price, but so does better mythics(which are cheaper)
    (1)

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I had like 8m bayld before the HP version up, so I just spent that
    As did I, that got me 8 stacks of 99 HP..... out of 132 stacks of HP needed to take this quest to conclusion. Drain every resource you have, spend all the gil you can, this will barely put a dent in the number of HPs required.

2 JPs i know on my server have actually finished theirs. From what I hear their entire LS donated all their Bayld to help them accomplish this. Now that I think about it, SE maybe made these with that type of cultural mindset in place. If so they sure did underestimate North American player mentality then lol. Its way more, every man for himself.
    (5)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytimtaru View Post
    As did I, that got me 8 stacks of 99 HP..... out of 132 stacks of HP needed to take this quest to conclusion. Drain every resource you have, spend all the gil you can, this will barely put a dent in the number of HPs required.

2 JPs i know on my server have actually finished theirs. From what I hear their entire LS donated all their Bayld to help them accomplish this. Now that I think about it, SE maybe made these with that type of cultural mindset in place. If so they sure did underestimate North American player mentality then lol. Its way more, every man for himself.

Well, 400m gil without LS donation is pretty doable if you're hardcore. It's just......a bit more gil than mythic for same weapon class.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    PW drop is 3, not 5. Alex cost 7.5k on my server, that's 225,000,000. Scoria cost 7.5M on my server as well, so that's 247M per mythic.

Ergon needs to farm legendary rank and plasm as well, so you can't really argue that Ergon needs less time if you have gil.
    I hit the "Show All" List on FFXIAH and went from there, averaging the prices on all servers as to be fair. Otherwise at the time I posted it, there was 1 seller on Asura for Mulcib Scoria... for 10mil.

That said, I had assumed PW drops were 5, same as Relic, didn't bother to look :\

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Last time I checked spreadsheet, using TP/WS set posted on AH forum, RUN ergon weapon with AM3 spamming reso can only do around 85% of dmg of Tsuru SAM on same target under same buff. I didn't add lunge/swipe dmg, but it has long recast time and you need runes to do it, which lowers DPS to put them back up, so I didn't calculate it.

A koga SAM can do a lot more than Tsuru SAM, and if you count the DPS lose to get 300 TP to activate(RUN probably get TP slower than SAM, mind you), then ergon GS is no where close to Koga's dmg. You can' compare DPS directly and say ergon GS is stronger DD weapon than mythic.

It's more of a tank weapon than DD weapon, if you want a DD weapon you'd build koga for cheaper price. It's certainly job changing enough to justify the price, but so does better mythics(which are cheaper)
    I agree, least I think I do!

Comparing something like RUN/GEO Ergons to DD Mythics in terms of raw damage output is a meaningless comparisons, Since RUN/GEO Mythics are more closely like Yagrush and Burtgang, and those are not used for the DD potential, but for the utility...while its DPS is a nice bonus, its real potential and power comes from PDTII-25%, allowing RUN to get -75% PDT with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-10-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast