Character
    Peligroso
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Game crashing and freezing whole system

I keep getting these random video freezes. It will make the whole screen a solid color or it will be stripes that are two different shades of the same color. When this occurs I am forced to reset my entire system.

This first occurred upon initial use after installation a few months ago. I kept constantly raising my settings on my computer, overclocking it more and more, and the crashing kept getting more frequent and progressively worse. I came across some random article that said I would need to do the exact opposite and severely underclock my system. I did this and the crashing completely stopped.

About 3 days ago this started occurring again and I dropped my settings down but this did not resolve the issue at this time.

I have tried to submit an email ticket since chat and phone support are only open during the hours I work. Every time I submit I get an error and it doesn't seem to actually submit the ticket.

If any tech support agents could provide me with a direct email I could send my DXDIAG to, which also said it was too big to put into the box, and all other information that would be wonderful. I further would not mind putting non-identifying information here directly into the forums if that would be ok.

I really enjoy playing this game again after quitting 8 years ago, so much that I even bought the game all over and restarted everything since I no longer had my old login information since it was way back before the Square Enix account and it was just the random letter and number POL ID.

Any assistance is greatly appriciated

Tech information:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 up to date
    AMD FX Quad-core CPU 4.09 ghz (currently overclocked since the underclock made no change and after the forced overclock not seeing any differences either)
    8gb DDR 3 ram max speed of 1866
    MSI/AMD R7770 Video 1gb GDDR5 using DVI
    (0)

Character
    Peligroso
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Anyone have any ideas?
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Try a video driver cleaner then re-installing the driver. Also, if you haven't already, re-seat the video card. If that fails, it might be your card overheating or simply going bad.
    (0)

Character
    Peligroso
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Did all of those already and as for the overheat or bad I can play D3 on full ultra with maxed shadows and it doesn't drop below 75 fps with 0 temp issues. I even ran bench marking software that put a heavy load on my gfx card and it still didn't have heat issues
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Are you sure you ran a driver cleaner to get rid of any stale files? And you have to use a 3'rd party cleaner. The one that come with the driver sucks.
    (0)

Character
    Jybwee
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronM81 View Post
    Did all of those already and as for the overheat or bad I can play D3 on full ultra with maxed shadows and it doesn't drop below 75 fps with 0 temp issues. I even ran bench marking software that put a heavy load on my gfx card and it still didn't have heat issues
    Now, when you say "didn't have heat issues"... do you mean you were monitoring the temps? Because the first thing i thought when reading your initial post was heat issues (Or possibly bad ram issue)... then you said you pushed your system further >.<

Also, every game (engine) is going to use your system a bit differently.

You say you stress tested your gfx card. Did you do the same for your cpu? I imagine you did if your an overclocker, but just asking and wondering what kinda temps your seeing for both at idle/stress.

I'm far from an expert but just throwing in my 2 cents.
    (0)

Character
    Peligroso
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I will try the third party cleaner, didn't think of that. As for stress testing the CPU I did do that and I do monitor my temps they were all well within acceptable. The highest temp I ever clocked was 40°C, and that was only for a couple minutes when I had everything pushed to the max, when I built this cooling was my #1 priority because I lost some components in the past due to extended high temps. I am beginning to think it may just be a minor compatibility issue with my graphics card. I will probably pull everything, blow it all off with duster since there is some visible dust (not really buildup but I can see it slightly), and then just re-seat everything. Could you recommend a good third party driver cleaner Malthar?
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    There is a program called "display driver Uninstaller". That one always works well for me whenever my gfx card starts acting up.
    (1)