Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    All the job points you need to cap out one category, for minimal stat increases, does not make sense to me. More people would be willing to farm in Woh/Doh Gates if the job points were more available. I don't see how the system is designed for the players who are on 24/7 (not literally, I tend to overexaggerate for dramatic effect) and have nothing better to do, those kinds of players probably capped their job points ages ago, because they have OCD.

My main beef was with the capacity points campaign being so short and they always land on a weekend where I can't take advantage of it. I got a party together on the first ever campaign for a couple of hours and got some nice job points until I said I needed to refresh Ionis and people left ...

Players are not (usually) willing to spend 4-6 hours at a time bashing worms and rabbits for job points, unless there is a campaign, so why not just make job points more available to encourage this play? The grind isn't as bad if players can see they are progressing at a decent pace and want to continue doing it after a break in play.

The other stuff about mission battlefields was nothing more then a rant, I do that sometimes, I ain't perfect. It was meant to be a compliment to SE for providing so many new (old) things to do, but I am always looking forward to the new (new) things to do more. I would like to know I have something else to aim for inbetween the high tier mission battlefields.

I don't really need delve anymore, or skirmish, running out of things to do, and job points are just sat there ... waiting to be maxed, but the task is daunting. It's not impossible by any means, but SE hasn't given me enough reason to go out and form these parties because the job point/enhancement ratio is not right to me. It could be easier, not stupidly easier, I don't want it handed to me on a plate, but it could be easier nonetheless.

They got sparks absolutely right, you get these high end 119 reforged equipment, and if they were any easier to get solo, people wouldn't bother to do high tier battlefields for chapters. Merits are right also, they are incredibly easy to get, you can leech those away in abyssea or just fight in general.

Maybe asking for job points to be tripled was a bit of a stretch, but having them doubled permanently would be a very welcome addition as far as I'm concerned. If you wish to be the super elite guy who got all their job points to cap under the current rate, go ahead, it won't matter that much because they don't increase your jobs effectiveness that much anyway, which is a shame.

I was talking to my dad about this today (yes, he is 50 years old and he has played since 2005), and I told him that the only people who would have all their job points capped are those players who have major OCD, and he totally agreed. He also wanted to cap his job points for his main job, but the steep climb for little reward is quite harsh.

The only campaigns I have been interested in was the double points and campaign (WOTG) events. You already know my problem with the double points event, the problem I had with the WOTG Campaign event was that I had never done Fiat Lux before, had no idea they would drop Umbral Marrow, and I had to fight everyday to get my Medal Of Altana back. I got the Medal back on the 28th, did as many Fiat Lux as I could before I fell asleep, then it ended the next day.

Skirmish events, Salvage events, Double EXP events, none of these effect me. I would love a double sparks campaign though! Or a double plasm campaign! Or what about .. a triple job points campaign for a whole week! Ok I was joking about the last one, seen as people would absolutely hate that idea ...
    (2)
    Last edited by Kylos; 08-05-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    I don't really need delve anymore, or skirmish, running out of things to do, and job points are just sat there ... waiting to be maxed, but the task is daunting. It's not impossible by any means, but SE hasn't given me enough reason to go out and form these parties because the job point/enhancement ratio is not right to me. It could be easier, not stupidly easier, I don't want it handed to me on a plate, but it could be easier nonetheless.

[...]

Maybe asking for job points to be tripled was a bit of a stretch, but having them doubled permanently would be a very welcome addition as far as I'm concerned. If you wish to be the super elite guy who got all their job points to cap under the current rate, go ahead, it won't matter that much because they don't increase your jobs effectiveness that much anyway, which is a shame.

I was talking to my dad about this today (yes, he is 50 years old and he has played since 2005), and I told him that the only people who would have all their job points capped are those players who have major OCD, and he totally agreed. He also wanted to cap his job points for his main job, but the steep climb for little reward is quite harsh.
    I don't really understand this outlook. You say the boosts are minimal and change very little, yet you're complaining about the rate that you can get them. If you don't like something, don't participate. I know/knew many who did the same thing with HNMs back in the day, Sea/Limbus, Salvage/Nyzul, Legion, even more recent stuff like Skirmish Yorcia. If you feel the content is worthy enough to complain about, then why not buck up and just do it?

Complaining about the events not effecting you due to your own real life situation isn't exactly a valid argument ya know? I agree (mostly because I want to earn even more JPs at double the rate, tbh) that the campaign should be extended out to cover a week. But really, no matter what they do, someone, somewhere, will not be able to attend.

My grandma was in town for a week and I couldn't play and missed the entire week of the campaign!

I went on vacation for a month and missed out on the entire month of the campaign!

My computer/gaming system blew up and it took me 3 months to replace it, and the campaign ended the day I returned!

These instances, as well as your's, can't really be faulted to anyone other than yourself. It sucks, but thems the breaks, ya know? Best advice I can give, be more proactive. You've mentioned starting shout groups, do it more often, find other's that are interested in JPs as well (as you obviously are), and set aside specific times to get together. I've done this myself within my LS and a few outside members that were interested. We usually do a group like Geo, Cor, Mnk, Rng, Smn, (or Whm), and Blu (or Pup). Not an optimal group by far, but it works plenty well for Dho Gates. Managed to get up to I think 114 CP chain the other day, was pretty stoked about that, til a long pull wiped it out.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Players are not (usually) willing to spend 4-6 hours at a time bashing worms and rabbits for job points, unless there is a campaign, so why not just make job points more available to encourage this play? The grind isn't as bad if players can see they are progressing at a decent pace and want to continue doing it after a break in play.
    Half of what you said here doesn't make sense though. Most job point pt last 1~2hr at best, and plenty of ppl spend 4~6hr farming salvage/dyna for REM, or afk in town, and they have no OCD. While ppl spending 1~2hr killing worms and rabbits with friends and LS have OCD.

I'd rather spend 100hr killing rabbits and worms with friends and LS, instead of 100hr afk in town staring at the chat log or solo salvage/dyna. I can say whoever solo dyna/salvage or afk in town 24/7 have major OCD as well.

The other stuff about mission battlefields was nothing more then a rant, I do that sometimes, I ain't perfect. It was meant to be a compliment to SE for providing so many new (old) things to do, but I am always looking forward to the new (new) things to do more. I would like to know I have something else to aim for inbetween the high tier mission battlefields.
    So you complained about not having anything to do between higher tier BC, and you think you have too much to do because of JP grind?

Ok, now I get it. You're running out of things to do in this game, but you don't like farming JP. So it's not that you don't have enough time to play, but the only thing left for you to do is boring to you.

They got sparks absolutely right, you get these high end 119 reforged equipment, and if they were any easier to get solo, people wouldn't bother to do high tier battlefields for chapters. Merits are right also, they are incredibly easy to get, you can leech those away in abyssea or just fight in general.
    Lol, you listed a tons of things that you think SE "done it right", then proceed to explained why: Because it's "incredibly easy to get and you can leech those in abyssea"

Basically, a content/design is only done right if it's "incredibly easy to get" or if you can leech it. I get it, Kylos said so. Why'd you want to pay $12 a month to afk leech in abyssea is something I don't understand though.

Still not sure why spending 100hr to cap all 4 category in FFXI= having major OCD. Ppl spend 100hr in Skyrim, Guild wars 2, WoW, GTA5, JRPG with new game+. I guess every video gamer(that doesn't play facebook/mobile game)has OCD then!
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-05-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I don't really understand this outlook. You say the boosts are minimal and change very little, yet you're complaining about the rate that you can get them. If you don't like something, don't participate. I know/knew many who did the same thing with HNMs back in the day, Sea/Limbus, Salvage/Nyzul, Legion, even more recent stuff like Skirmish Yorcia. If you feel the content is worthy enough to complain about, then why not buck up and just do it?
    You don't need to understand the outlook of someone complaining for the sake of wanting to complain. He isn't complaining because he doesn't have enough time, he's complaining because he run out of things to do and he finds JP grind(the only event left in this game for him) is boring. Not sure why he's in such a hurry to cap them tbh. Sounds like another player that just wanted to cap everything and if he can't/doesn't enjoy capping everything he has to vomit rant on the forum.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-05-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Player
    As I see it kylos you have 3 options. First is to give up on actively obtaining job points altogether. (which is what I did because frankly I have better things to do than to grind away on capacity points, its mind-nunbingly boring and gives me headahces.) Second, suck it up SE has made it clear they're not changing it anytime soon no matter how much their player base hates it. Third, you can do what most people do and bot your job points, you dont even have to be at your PC to get them and SE apparently doesnt care that people do it. Id strongly recommend the first option its a nice weight to get off your shoulders, third option is good too, people get like 30 job points a night, but theres always a chance SE will whip out the ban stick again, however unlikely.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm amused that people only shout for job point parties using certain jobs (at least on carbuncle) hahaha
    I think it would be nice to have the monsters give at least 25% more Job Points if you are soloing (or in a trust only party), so people like who want to get job points on jobs that people don't want to take to a job point party (Black Mage, Blue Mage) i.e. anything that is not SAM, COR, MNK, BRD, WHM, SCH... LoL could get our job points in piece.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    I'm amused that people only shout for job point parties using certain jobs (at least on carbuncle) hahaha
    I think it would be nice to have the monsters give at least 25% more Job Points if you are soloing (or in a trust only party), so people like who want to get job points on jobs that people don't want to take to a job point party (Black Mage, Blue Mage) i.e. anything that is not SAM, COR, MNK, BRD, WHM, SCH... LoL could get our job points in piece.
    No it's exactly the opposite, a pt should farm job point faster than solo so ppl are more willing to play with other ppl.....this is MMO.

But they need to remove job restrictions to farm them. Half of the ppl complaining about job point farm being too slow probably aren't using efficient setup like DDx3 COR BRD RDM. If you want job point for none DD/support jobs, and your pt has no haste/acc/CP bonus roll, fat chances are CP/hr gonna be slow.

If the job point you obtained can be used on all jobs, then more ppl would want to play COR BRD RDM to increase CP gain efficiency, that'd benefit the other 3 player's CP gain efficiency as well.

Making CP soloable isn't the solution, it only reward ppl who plays this game like a single player RPG.
    (2)

What if you /COR and use Trusts to make up for whatever your usual sub is? Does that work when soloing?
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    What if you /COR and use Trusts to make up for whatever your usual sub is? Does that work when soloing?

I'm not sure tbh, corsair's roll isn't very potent without snake eye+fold/phantom rolll ring and COR in pt(although you can probably use trust for job bonus).

I solo CP pretty often since I don't have time to make /shout pt on weekday, with haste and march from trusts, I usually farm 15k CP in 10~15 min with spark ring when double CP campaign not active. With double CP campaign that's 120k CP/hr solo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-07-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Why don't people just ignore Job points in their current implementation? There's barely any reason to waste time grinding them, and since you only get them from selected content you will never get them naturally while playing the game. So why even bother?

Like I've said before :

The only thing I can say about Job points is that while I understand why the system was implemented that way I don't see why there is a restriction on what gives Capacity points and what doesn't.

Since Capacity points are meant to be acquired over longer periods of time and not meant to become a grind you have to do before the content (the way merits are) they should be able to be acquired from any mob that gives XP regardless of level or area.

Instead what should change is the CP rate you get.

Say I kill a bunch of EP mobs and get 100xp per kill, then maybe I'll only get 1 CP per mob killed. If they are EM maybe I'll get 5 CP per kill, Etc. This will not be much by itself but will add up as I play more, while the zones that have bonuses can remain unchanged.

If I go to Abyssea and get 200000 xp to farm a ki for a fight getting 5000-10000 CP in the process would be a nice bonus, which will add up as a I play. I still wouldn't farm CP in Abyssea, but it would be nice to get a bit of CP just for playing other content.

Or something like that.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast