Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

How much I hate Job points and the weekend event.

With the amount of experience points/merits required to cap out jobs/merits, don't we already have enough to grind? I mean .. come on, seriously.

I was willing to give Job Points a chance, I wanted to see if they would become much more available, but they have not. I have got roughly halfway through one job point category on my main job, but the steep climb has severely put me off.

Not just that, but if we want to farm job points, we have to either A) Fight solo and get minimal amounts of job points or B) Fight in a group of 6 in Woh Gates, and they are hard to get together, especially when there is no event, or you play during EU time.

The adjustments are already minimal, you barely notice any difference, and with more job categories on the way, it's just a daunting task I simply can't be bothered to work through. I have found myself playing other games a lot more lately because the amount of grind has become too much over a short period of time.

I made a post last year sometime, saying how badly the game needed new content, we needed more things to do, and you began to release new content, and rehashed old content as well. In fact, you released so many old battlefields in such a short time, along with more merits, that I ain't had the chance to do most of them. The amount of pure (repetitive) grind is getting to me, especially as far as Job Points is concerned.

You got sparks absolutely right, you got merits absolutely right, but Job points are ridiculous.

What's even worse? When you release weekend events for Double Job Points, and it just so happens to land on a weekend I have my daughter over, so I can't participate in the event. I also misread the information you gave for last weekends event, assuming it ended late on Monday night GMT time, so I logged in to try and get a party started, (only had one guy respond who knows me) and he told me that it had ended.

I was so disappointed, I mean, I know I need Job Points, but I'm not about to go out and grind for hours and hours and hours at the current rate. I would be happy if the amount of Job points we got was TRIPLED permanently. At least then the grind wouldn't feel as daunting, as we could see that JP animation a bit more often, and be pleased to see progress.

I wanted to completely cap my job points out so I could forget about it for a while, but with the new categories on the way, I will never cap a job out, it will just build and build to the point I forget about the system.

I don't know anybody who actually enjoys the Job Point system, and looking at the feedback given (in a recent questionnaire) I laughed quite hard at it. Job Points should not take up all of our time, it should be something extra to think about, but not something which is going to grind us down to the point of disappointment and boredom.

Please fix job points, and please .. stop putting double points campaigns on weekends, it's not fair on those of us who are busy on weekends and play through the week. Thanks.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kylos; 08-05-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    With the amount of experience points/merits required to cap out jobs/merits, don't we already have enough to grind? I mean .. come on, seriously.

I was willing to give Job Points a chance, I wanted to see if they would become much more available, but they have not. I have got roughly halfway through one job point category on my main job, but the steep climb has severely put me off.

Not just that, but if we want to farm job points, we have to either A) Fight solo and get minimal amounts of job points or B) Fight in a group of 6 in Woh Gates, and they are hard to get together, especially when there is no event, or you play during EU time.

The adjustments are already minimal, you barely notice any difference, and with more job categories on the way, it's just a daunting task I simply can't be bothered to work through. I have found myself playing other games a lot more lately because the amount of grind has become too much over a short period of time.

I made a post last year sometime, saying how badly the game needed new content, we needed more things to do, and you began to release new content, and rehashed old content as well. In fact, you released so many old battlefields in such a short time, along with more merits, that I ain't had the chance to do most of them. The amount of pure (repetitive) grind is getting to me, especially as far as Job Points is concerned.

You got sparks absolutely right, you got merits absolutely right, but Job points are ridiculous.
    I stopped reading when I see the above, spark is barely something that can hold a MMORPG long enough, it's not "absolutely right"...thank god that isn't endgame content.

You're not the only player playing this game. There are ppl like you who can't catch up, and there are ppl who can cap every gear 2 weeks after update and sit in town having nothing to do. Job point is just something to keep them busy. It's designed not for you, it's designed for them.

If you think job point is too much grind and you don't even have time to do all the BC, do BC first and ignore the job point. Job point isn't required to play the job, it's designed for ppl that already finished all the BC and legendary and capped on all the gears. A lot of ppl already capped gears after every update, 1~2 BC every month can't hold them long enough, job point is what's needed to keep them stay subbed.

I do agree that giving out double amount of CP over certain period of time is silly though, it's like punishing ppl who can't play during that time. But you can't really bash the game having "too much grind" over something that's not required to have.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-05-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Player
    I don't think Sparks were supposed to be this big long term thing, but they're a nice little bonus when you can spend them on chapters and skillup papers. I dunno, I just think they should get credit where it's due. I liked sparks a lot.
    (5)

Agreed. I also don't typically play on weekends and usually miss these short campaigns.
    Glad I'm not the only one feeling burned out by grind (even sparks farming has me burned out, frankly).
    Sure yeah, there's new content, but who's doing it? Everything is so lowman now that shouts are practically non-existent.
    So I have to question why I pay money to solo in an MMO on jobs that get trolled update after update.
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Just curious, exactly what you guys do in this game if you aren't grinding.....for past 3 months whenever I log on I either grind delve for lolplasm(which I already got pretty much everything I need/want months ago) or job point. I did new BC whenever it's out if I see a gear I want, but I usually get them in less than 3 D/VD runs which is 2 days of work(I guess I'm lucky). I'm 1/2 for DW belt, 1/3 for DM earring and 1/2 for gesshio drop. If I'm not grinding then I'm either playing another MMO and waste my $$ on sub, or afk in town and waste more $$ on sub. I spend around 45hr a week on my full time job so it's not like I play 12hr a day, more like playing 10hr a week. My timezone is worse than EU and NA, and I don't dual box, so it's not like I do things faster than avg player, more like slower.

So I really don't understand why everyone and their mother are complaining about having too much grind. If they make job point grind 3x faster than it is now, I'd be sitting in town doing absolutely nothing with capped job point except complaining about wasting sub $$.

Technically yeah, I can cancel sub and come back after every 3 months to save money, but that's not an legit argument on a MMO forum.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-05-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    About solo grind being "too slow". I think having every job shares the job point can solve this issue. Personally I grind can grind 2 points in a little bit over 1hr with CP rings and trusts solo, some say BLM can grind double amount of CP solo. However, I can kinda see jobs without high DD power gonna take a while longer. If you're a BRD RDM WHM etc your best bet is probably joining pt.

If every job shares job point ppl can just hop on BLM and grind them faster, that'd make this job a bit more useful than it is as well.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Just curious, exactly what you guys do in this game if you aren't grinding.....for past 3 months whenever I log on I either grind delve for lolplasm(which I already got pretty much everything I need/want months ago) or job point. I did new BC whenever it's out if I see a gear I want, but I usually get them in less than 3 D/VD runs which is 2 days of work(I guess I'm lucky). I'm 1/2 for DW belt, 1/3 for DM earring and 1/2 for gesshio drop. If I'm not grinding then I'm either playing another MMO and waste my $$ on sub, or afk in town and waste more $$ on sub. I spend around 45hr a week on my full time job so it's not like I play 12hr a day, more like playing 10hr a week. My timezone is worse than EU and NA, and I don't dual box, so it's not like I do things faster than avg player, more like slower.

So I really don't understand why everyone and their mother are complaining about having too much grind. If they make job point grind 3x faster than it is now, I'd be sitting in town doing absolutely nothing with capped job point except complaining about wasting sub $$.

Technically yeah, I can cancel sub and come back after every 3 months to save money, but that's not an legit argument on a MMO forum.
    I can't speak for others, but just to clarify for myself, I don't consider Delve and BCs to be grinding. (or anything done with other people for that matter) I would not mind parties for JP and sparks. It's just that everyone I know solos/lowmans these things, and I've been missing events in my social linkshell due to stormy weather, illness, etc. On a good day I am typically logged in for ~7 hours but I am no where near capping out on gear due to lack of shouts and not having desirable jobs. (I'm also not a leader type and I'm too shy to start parties because people take these events way too seriously.)
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    I can't speak for others, but just to clarify for myself, I don't consider Delve and BCs to be grinding. (or anything done with other people for that matter) I would not mind parties for JP and sparks. It's just that everyone I know solos/lowmans these things, and I've been missing events in my social linkshell due to stormy weather, illness, etc. On a good day I am typically logged in for ~7 hours but I am no where near capping out on gear due to lack of shouts and not having desirable jobs. (I'm also not a leader type and I'm too shy to start parties because people take these events way too seriously.)
    If you're too shy you can just spam /tell to ppl you know. Also if you're afraid of getting bashed in pt by ppl taking the events too seriously, you can just warn them before hand. Usually ppl get less serious if they don't have super high expectation from the pt.

If you're looking for an event with other player, CP farm can be done with 2~3 other ppl, it may be hard to find a full 6 man party for Woh gates, but you can easily find 1~2 and do Doh gates. It's actually an event that has a lot less requirement than delve and you can use trusts for mages. If you're capped on plasm gears it offers more performance increase than plasm farm.
    (0)

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

The adjustments are already minimal, you barely notice any difference, and with more job categories on the way, it's just a daunting task I simply can't be bothered to work through.
    Considering all the content can be done without any job point investments, what's with the need to be capped immediately?

I have found myself playing other games a lot more lately because the amount of grind has become too much over a short period of time.
    Lol at the fact that you're now playing other games because the JP grind is too much for you. If they tripled Capacity gain rate, like you want, would you spend the next few weeks in Woh Gates JP farming? And what would you do after that? If you're bored, quit. You're asking them to change a perfectly viable system because you have nothing to do in the short term.

You want capped job points now but can't even bother to make a group? Sounds legit.

I wanted to completely cap my job points out so I could forget about it for a while, but with the new categories on the way, I will never cap a job out, it will just build and build to the point I forget about the system.

I don't know anybody who actually enjoys the Job Point system, and looking at the feedback given (in a recent questionnaire) I laughed quite hard at it. Job Points should not take up all of our time, it should be something extra to think about, but not something which is going to grind us down to the point of disappointment and boredom.
    I've gotten the ~6/10 upgrades on MNK and WHM and have variety of jobs with 1~3 points spent, just from doing Delve and Skirmish. It's not a system designed to be like merits, where you cap it in a matter of hours.
    (2)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The Double Capacity Point campaign should have been extended to the 11th like the Double Simulcra Drop Campaign. 72 hours is not nearly enough time for most to benefit from the campaign. Other campaigns like the Double Salvage Plans Drop Campaign and the Double Skirmish Drop Campaign lasted for 1-2 weeks at least, why not the Double Capacity Point campaign?

They come around so infrequently(last one was back in like March or April I think?)
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast