Character
    Iceblu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Question for all the technical gurus out there ._.

Hello

I have all the expansions and add-ons except the Seekers of Adoulin. So I bought the Ultimate Collector Edition from Steam and D/L the files to my computer. (haven't installed them yet)

My question is can I just use the downloaded files to upgrade my current POL and FFXI? I don't want to use steam to play the game and If it is possible I don't want to install the game from the scratch and go thru all the updates again. It is gonna take hours to update everything =/ I already have everything but the SoA up to date running. So please let me know if there is a way to do this w/o re-installing and updating everything. Thank you very much in advance.

PS: when I checked the D/L files I did not see every expansion separated. So maybe they are for installing everything at once?

PS2: If I need to install from the scratch, do i need to un-install the old FFXI files?
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jie View Post
    Hello

I have all the expansions and add-ons except the Seekers of Adoulin. So I bought the Ultimate Collector Edition from Steam and D/L the files to my computer. (haven't installed them yet)

My question is can I just use the downloaded files to upgrade my current POL and FFXI? I don't want to use steam to play the game and If it is possible I don't want to install the game from the scratch and go thru all the updates again. It is gonna take hours to update everything =/ I already have everything but the SoA up to date running. So please let me know if there is a way to do this w/o re-installing and updating everything. Thank you very much in advance.

PS: when I checked the D/L files I did not see every expansion separated. So maybe they are for installing everything at once?

PS2: If I need to install from the scratch, do i need to un-install the old FFXI files?
    if you already have ffxi installed it will just install over it
    (0)

Character
    Iceblu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thank you very much. I guess I will try to install it w/o using steam and see how it goes.
    (0)