Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SE it is time

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    So start the shout yourself? Maybe people on your server already have linkshells. I personally never ever shout for any content, I do it all with my LS.
    I already said that I shout, and your ls isn't going to go away if we merge. I play in EU Times mostly, and it's hard to get a ls for that. I have played in NA times and it's not much better.

Things might be fine for you, but for some others it really isn't. And I get why they aren't merging, with a healthy japanese population it is likely to cause issues with how they instance, but I still think something should be done.
    (2)

I play during NA EST daytime which I guess is EU afternoon/primetime ... my EU friends have noted the lack of players during that time frame. (about 400-500 people online give or take) It is really pretty dead on Valefor if you don't already have a group to run with (or have BRD I guess). When I first log on in the morning it's just Japanese shouts, then sporadic English shouts throughout the day, usually selling something. Then again I play on console, my computer is in another room so I can't check the online shout thingy all the time, but other people have commented on it as well.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Maybe if part of the census should have been players online per server per region/times to allow people to see which servers are more popular for what times and move to a server that is more convenient for them.
    (1)

Player
    Servers are underpopulated with NA/EU, the problem is that they are appropriately populated on the JP side, so a merge might help us, but it would possibly cause overcrowding issues for the JP... no easy answer the way things are.

The bigger issue as I see it is that JP and NA no longer work together at all (in my experience), I haven't had a JP answer an NA shout and join our group in, probably years. And I can't remember the last time a JP player actually responded to a /tell request of mine to join a group. I am (and everyone I know is) now completely ignored when I send tells to JP shouters as well.

There were communication issues when we strove to do things together, sure, but now, oftentimes, it's a complete shutout.

The only time I get to party with JP players is the friends I have from a long time ago, if they shout, I sometimes build a multicultural party, but these times are few and far between, as it is now though, JP players never accept NA into events, nor do they almost ever join NA-started events.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Servers are underpopulated with NA/EU, the problem is that they are appropriately populated on the JP side, so a merge might help us, but it would possibly cause overcrowding issues for the JP... no easy answer the way things are.

The bigger issue as I see it is that JP and NA no longer work together at all (in my experience), I haven't had a JP answer an NA shout and join our group in, probably years. And I can't remember the last time a JP player actually responded to a /tell request of mine to join a group. I am (and everyone I know is) now completely ignored when I send tells to JP shouters as well.

There were communication issues when we strove to do things together, sure, but now, oftentimes, it's a complete shutout.

The only time I get to party with JP players is the friends I have from a long time ago, if they shout, I sometimes build a multicultural party, but these times are few and far between, as it is now though, JP players never accept NA into events, nor do they almost ever join NA-started events.
    Yeah, its like that on my server too. I sometimes wonder if the JP even exist, I never see them.
    (1)

Character
    Emanuelle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i don't think the NA's play ffxi anymore at all, the entire game is dead
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Just transfer. So of us LIKE Sylph the way it is and it WOULD NOT survive a merge. A merge will not fix the issues so many people think it will fix.
    May i ask why some people do not think the people of that server will last. I also want to ask my ls when i asked them this said something about the market will get messed up.is that a worry for people?
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2