Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Except... remember that Grekumah is not a developer, just a community rep. Don't shoot the messenger, Cala. >.>

That being said, I don't think you're familiar with the infamous FFXI spaghetti code. Making alterations tends to break things completely unrelated, and it's a whole domino effect that they have to trace and figure out when things get broken. Adjustments are "difficult" because of that. Also, you have to consider that if they did reduce it, they'd have to create a completely new 1hr, program it in, test it, etc etc.

So while I'd love to see Widened Compass at a shorter recast, it's possible that it really is difficult to reduce it. And honestly I like it as a 1hr; it requires players to actually position themselves favorably around a monster, which unless you want to stand on the opposite side of a mob (and possibly out of WHM range short of them running into AoE range) means that you may have to adjust yourself. Malithar's suggestion would be a good change to make up for it; create a general "zone" in which to place the luopan, and have frontliners adjust themselves accordingly. It's just another touch of strategy/balance considering these are undispelable and (after the next update especially) very potent buffs.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You're right, it was bitchy. I'm not even a Geo so not like it even affects me anyway. Just gets to me a little when they try to make excuses about things rather than just say flat out, we don't want to, this is how it is.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Except... remember that Grekumah is not a developer, just a community rep. Don't shoot the messenger, Cala. >.>

That being said, I don't think you're familiar with the infamous FFXI spaghetti code. Making alterations tends to break things completely unrelated, and it's a whole domino effect that they have to trace and figure out when things get broken. Adjustments are "difficult" because of that. Also, you have to consider that if they did reduce it, they'd have to create a completely new 1hr, program it in, test it, etc etc.

So while I'd love to see Widened Compass at a shorter recast, it's possible that it really is difficult to reduce it. And honestly I like it as a 1hr; it requires players to actually position themselves favorably around a monster, which unless you want to stand on the opposite side of a mob (and possibly out of WHM range short of them running into AoE range) means that you may have to adjust yourself. Malithar's suggestion would be a good change to make up for it; create a general "zone" in which to place the luopan, and have frontliners adjust themselves accordingly. It's just another touch of strategy/balance considering these are undispelable and (after the next update especially) very potent buffs.
    yeah I remember does cure 1s dealing 99'999 dmg, fun times!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2