Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Erratic Flutter does not overwrite inferior Haste I

Edit: It's working fine now, and it probably did earlier too. I don't know why I thought it wasn't working, and like the original post said, I got angry and stopped trying after 2 attempts. So, no glitch.
    (1)
    Last edited by Edyth; 08-12-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think it's a user error. 'Your fault for not erasing haste first.
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thanks for the helpful response, Malthar. Assuming Erratic Flutter does not overwrite Coffin's Haste, the only thing he can do is pre-cast before engaging an enemy. But what about when it wears off during battle? I have no way of telling when a spell is going to wear off (unless I use the timer on my phone, which is not something I should be doing on a consistent basis). Coffin will immediately cast Haste, and if he doesn't pull off Flutter in time, Coffin's Haste will hit first, and Flutter will not overwrite it. That's of course, assuming that Flutter doesn't overwrite Haste.

But it does for me. I just went out and tested it. Haste affects the recast time of spells. I went out to Caedarva Mire, and used Magic Barrier as the test spell. I cast it twice under 3 conditions.

1) With no magic Haste, I cast Magic Barrier twice, and both times, the recast timer was at 44 seconds (I'm assuming because of the equipment haste, because wiki has it listed as 60 second recast timer).

2) I engaged a monster, and let Coffin cast Haste on me. I then used Magic Barrier twice, and the recast timer was 35 seconds.

3) After defeating the monster, I cast Erratic Flutter on myself while under Coffin's Haste. It showed in my chat log that I "gained the effect of haste" from the spell. I cast Magic Barrier twice, and the recast timer was 26 seconds.

My Blue Magic skill was somewhere in the 475 range. I do not know if that makes a difference, but I can overwrite Coffin's Haste with Erratic Flutter. You said you were in Marjami, I do not know how Ionis affects players in that area, but even in Basalt Fields, I have always been able to overwrite Coffin's Haste.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hmmm... then why does the op believe FL ' haste is not being overwritten?
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There are only a couple of variables I can think of. I do not know OP's Blue Magic Skill, as that could be a factor in whether or not the spell overwrites regular Haste. I'm capped with merits, and I have several pieces of Blue Magic + skill gear. I also don't know if Ionis can do something to Haste (very unlikely, but again, I don't know).

The only other thing I can think of, and this is a stretch (it happened to me at first) is that I didn't update all of my Haste macros to replace Animating Wail (which is still equipped for Dual Wield), and when I use that macro, I use Wail instead. I have Diffusion set to switch to a different macro page, and I didn't originally update that Haste macro :/
    (0)