Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Piercing damage resistance

A lot of NMs lately take severely reduced damage to piercing, yet, very few NMs have the same resistance to slashing or blunt. Wopket takes -99% damage to Piercing, as a DRG I hit him for single digits and there's no way to remove that defense. No other Delve Boss NM has such a high damage immunity to slashing or blunt, it's kind of unfair to THF DRG DNC. Other Delve NMs have phases where they switch damage weakness but it's always like +/- 25%, not 99%. Dakuwaqa goes through phases where Blunt/Slashing/Piercing all do reduced damage but it's never such a high resistance as Wopket's. I'm not saying nerf Wopket but at least be balanced with NM resistances. If you create one NM that's extremely immune to piercing that's fine if there are other times where other NMs are extremely immune to other physical damage types. It's simply creating a more narrow pool of NMs that people bring piercing jobs to.

Samurai and Monks are highly sought after as damage dealers in Adoulin because they do high damage to basically everything. Maybe it's time to start making NMs that take -99% damage to blunt, magic, or slashing, ranged so other jobs can be wanted. Skirmish has many Skeletons/Narakas/Axuexes which take poor damage vs piercing but I don't think there are any mobs of significant in Delve or Skirmish that take severely reduced damage to exclusively slashing or blunt, why? Why are there more mobs that resist piercing than slashing or blunt?
    (4)

RNGs are nerf on Wokpet too for what its worth, since their damage falls into piercing.

Agree with what you say though.
    (1)

I agree too, the new mobs look like they are undead in that new zone lol.
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yes but RNG is good for pretty much everything else. Technically DRG THF DNC would be great in Marjarmi but AoE rock melees too hard that it's just better and easier to use Rangers. =/
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsilver View Post
    A lot of NMs lately take severely reduced damage to piercing, yet, very few NMs have the same resistance to slashing or blunt. Wopket takes -99% damage to Piercing, as a DRG I hit him for single digits and there's no way to remove that defense. No other Delve Boss NM has such a high damage immunity to slashing or blunt, it's kind of unfair to THF DRG DNC. Other Delve NMs have phases where they switch damage weakness but it's always like +/- 25%, not 99%. Dakuwaqa goes through phases where Blunt/Slashing/Piercing all do reduced damage but it's never such a high resistance as Wopket's. I'm not saying nerf Wopket but at least be balanced with NM resistances. If you create one NM that's extremely immune to piercing that's fine if there are other times where other NMs are extremely immune to other physical damage types. It's simply creating a more narrow pool of NMs that people bring piercing jobs to.

Samurai and Monks are highly sought after as damage dealers in Adoulin because they do high damage to basically everything. Maybe it's time to start making NMs that take -99% damage to blunt, magic, or slashing, ranged so other jobs can be wanted. Skirmish has many Skeletons/Narakas/Axuexes which take poor damage vs piercing but I don't think there are any mobs of significant in Delve or Skirmish that take severely reduced damage to exclusively slashing or blunt, why? Why are there more mobs that resist piercing than slashing or blunt?
    Slashing deals shit dmg to the kumhau Delve boss, while magic deals 1/2 dmg on marjami boss when he is casting. Stuff is designed that way. And not alot of NMs take reduced piercing dmg, its only just 1. the Yorcia Delve boss. "Alot" is an exaggeration in this case ¬.¬. On ther other hand piercing is fantastic on the marjami boss, so everythign evens out. I dont see the problem in piercing dmg seriously
    (0)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Really? Kamhir delve takes like -25% damage to slashing but not -99%. I literally hit Wopket for single digits. Also Marjami takes -50% to magic only while casting, not -99% the entire fight. Piercing is good against Marjami boss but it's irrelevant because nobody brings anything but RNGs to that fight because melee piercing jobs would get destroyed by AoE. There's very few mobs that resist slashing and blunt but so many mobs resist piercing. What mobs resist slashing exclusively? Just Rocs? How about blunt? Just slimes? How many slimes are there in Adoulin-- also that's a non-issue for MNK because of Formless Strikes, and a non issue for PUP because of Sharpshooter and Stormwaker frames which can hit piercing/magic.
    (0)