Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The reason why people use Heka's is that with it you can free up other slots.
    +22 WKR Club
    +10 AF+1 Head
    +05 Genbu's Shield
    +05 Roundel
    +04 Tempered
    +10 AF +1 Feet

Total: 56. Obviously beyond cap so you have some freedom to swap a piece or two but a handful I consider BIS. All without having to touch Heka.
    (0)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    The reason why people use Heka's is that with it you can free up other slots. With it you can cap +potency -Cast time and -enmity at the same time, it makes you not have to waste for instance your hands slot on potency which then allows you to use theophany+1 for some minus enmity and plus healing magic (just one example there are other things you can do
    You will be swapping from pre-cast gear to cure potency gear so you don't need Heka's to cap all 3 at the same time.

The only thing it is really good for is the -casting time and even then you can hit 80% without it. I can cap casting time, enmity, tranquil heart and cure potency all without Heka's (or bokwus) and in most cases have most slots with ilvl equipped.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    +22 WKR Club
    +10 AF+1 Head
    +05 Genbu's Shield
    +05 Roundel
    +04 Tempered
    +10 AF +1 Feet

Total: 56. Obviously beyond cap so you have some freedom to swap a piece or two but a handful I consider BIS. All without having to touch Heka.
    Yep. You can even take it a step further and augment the Gendewitha head piece and drop the ear and back potency pieces for healing skill, enmity, conserve mp, or MND.

There are so many options and Heka's is not needed for any nor ideal for most.
    (0)

Character
    Ssmitty
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    You will be swapping from pre-cast gear to cure potency gear so you don't need Heka's to cap all 3 at the same time.

The only thing it is really good for is the -casting time and even then you can hit 80% without it. I can cap casting time, enmity, tranquil heart and cure potency all without Heka's (or bokwus) and in most cases have most slots with ilvl equipped.
    I didn't mean to imply it was required to do it, my point is that it makes it alot easier to achieve a single set that caps them all in one go. If you don't play on PC, it isn't practical to swap twice per spell especially when those spells are between 0.5 and 0.65 seconds cast time (cure3-cure6) you have half a second to go from your cast time set to your potency set and you have to do it every time you cast. Although now that you can make gear sets without using PC, maybe I'll have to reconsider this opinion, you'll still have to do it manually though as a wait 1 command is to long you won't get into your potency set in time.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I didn't mean to imply it was required to do it, my point is that it makes it alot easier to achieve a single set that caps them all in one go. If you don't play on PC, it isn't practical to swap twice per spell especially when those spells are between 0.5 and 0.65 seconds cast time (cure3-cure6) you have half a second to go from your cast time set to your potency set and you have to do it every time you cast. Although now that you can make gear sets without using PC, maybe I'll have to reconsider this opinion, you'll still have to do it manually though as a wait 1 command is to long you won't get into your potency set in time.
    That is a fair point. If you are unable to swap gear, then I can see the appeal of Heka's. It isn't ideal in any set, but you have to make to with what you can.

As far as not having time to swap, you can idle in your cure casting time while engaged in fighting. I usually have enough gear refresh in my -casting time set that I don't miss pieces like Serpentes. You'll probably have at least one source of refresh from your party members.
    (0)

Idle refresh is seriously extremely important you should also get a Bolelabunga, Fucho-no-Obi, and Moonshade earring. This will give you 7 constant refresh and 1 more when low mp.
    taster's cape. Having to be poisoned mildly sucks but it also stops you from getting slept so still a win

...such a pain to farm though. Still haven't seen it drop -.-
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Umm bokwus gloves are 13% for piss easy capping. Taximachi + Sors + Bokwus + Orison +2 head for a stupid easy 48% that any WHM can do right off the bat. Bokwus don't even need upgrading or a delve clear, just pop and kill the field NM. After that it's CCT which works just like FC for cures, merits is 20%, feet is 15% and body is 10% for the AH or 15% for the Akvan drop with some from Sors shield and Orison +2 legs. Rest slots you can fill with fast cast, -enmity or skill / MND and have a perfectly functional WHM/SCH build that can do any event.

After that you can slowly upgrade individual pieces and fine tune your sets. And no matter what anyone tells you, Orison +2 legs are mandatory for a functional WHM build (or the other ones from that BC fight). They are the difference between a 162MP Curaga III (/SCH) and a 68MP Curaga III (630HP on three people). The difference between a 80MP Cure IV and a 38MP Cure IV (850HP healed).
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3