Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1227] ~~~~ MY JOB POINTS POEM ~~~~

Job Points,
    Shall I compare grinding thee to working in a Chinese sweatshop?
    Thou art more arduous, and less rewarding.

The devs say, "Thou shalt acquire JP accidentally over time!
    Thou shalt not grind!"

But forsooth, not grinding JP is like quitting one's job
    And scouring the slums for pennies in hopes of making a living.

And lo! The cost of a Job Point! The capacity points overfilleth my cup
    And yet I need 30,000 to make a job point!

Job Points,
    Shall I compare thy bonuses to receiving a wink and a smile from a street clown
    For the price of a brand new, hovering convertible filled with diamonds?

Verily, I shall.
    (20)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    *golf clap*
    (2)

Player
    It's too poignant to be funny.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Ppl hate job point grind because they're busy grinding their next mythic for 3% extra DPS.
    (2)

I wish I cared enough about Job points to be upset about them or something creative like that, but really my problem with it only goes as far as wishing there was a way to disable the Job points option so it wouldn't appear on the menu anymore. It's just an extra arrow up press I'd like to save if possible when trying to access Merits. /shrug
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Ppl hate job point grind because they're busy grinding their next mythic for 3% extra DPS.
    You think you're funny, but that's a TON of extra damage. That almost comes out to tripling your damage per minute with a mythic vs. without a mythic (if you deal 3% more damage per second for 2 seconds, you've dealt 6% more damage than you would have without a mythic according to you. After 60 seconds, you will have dealt 180% more damage than you would have with a mythic according to you, Afania. Add that to the base damage (100%) and you are ALMOST dealing triple your damage with a mythic, according to you). If that's true for any 119 mythic vs. other 119 weapon, Arrapago Remnants would be crashed 24/7.

Apologies for the atrocious pseudo-math, and thank you to the below posters who corrected me.

Another issue with job points:
    I stumbled upon some cliffclinger toads in Woh Gates that hit way harder than any Naakual. They're incredibly tough to 118, forced me to retreat as a BLU with 3 Trusts out after just a couple seconds, and Dream Flower with capped Blue skill missed all of them. Yes, I linked them because I was cocky. They're clearly meant for JBP parties with a real tank, a real healer, bard, the whole shebang, but there's a major issue with that: if you need a balanced party to farm these JBP monsters, that means JBP needs to be worthwhile for EVERY job. If no job other than BLU has a reason to want JBP, these monsters will sit unused always.
    (0)
    Last edited by Edyth; 08-04-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    You think you're funny, but that's a TON of extra damage. That comes out to tripling your damage per minute without a mythic. If that's true for any 119 mythic vs. other 119 weapon, Arrapago Remnants would be crashed 24/7.

I stumbled upon some cliffclinger toads in Woh Gates that hit way harder than any Naakual. They're incredibly tough to 118, forced me to retreat as a BLU with 3 Trusts out after just a couple seconds, and Dream Flower with capped Blue skill missed all of them. Yes, I linked them because I was cocky. They're clearly meant for JBP parties with a real tank, a real healer, bard, the whole shebang, but there's a major issue with that: if you need a balanced party to farm these JBP monsters, that means JBP needs to be worthwhile for EVERY job. If no job other than BLU has a reason to want JBP, these monsters will sit unused always.
    you can kill them just fine with 3 DD 1 support (a GEO or COR or BRD or RDM) and a healer (a SCH or WHM or RDM) + 1 random job (fill in what you want, additional DD or support).

EDIT: this is assuming each member knows how to gear up properly and play their job
    (0)
    Last edited by Damane; 08-03-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    You think you're funny, but that's a TON of extra damage. That comes out to tripling your damage per minute without a mythic. If that's true for any 119 mythic vs. other 119 weapon, Arrapago Remnants would be crashed 24/7.

I knew it, it's another random complain that exist for the sake of wanting to complain, with no legit reasoning.

First of all, mythic doesn't "triple" your dmg, it doesn't even double your dmg unless you're koga SAM solo DD SC with allies roll. Not counting SC dmg none of the mythic is that much increase over another ILV119. Sounds like you just pull numbers out of your ass.

Half of the players I know in this game build a REM for the sake of wanting a REM, instead of performance increase. I still see ppl /shout for VW 24/7 for nearly useless mythic/empy/relic just because they want them. If they spend THAT much time on building a nearly useless REM when better alternatives available, they may as well spend the time to farm JP, at least JP is 100% increase when REM is often replaceable with another ILV119. Cry about JP being "useless" then proceed to build REM that doesn't parse high is really something I don't understand.

JP pt doesn't need a balanced pt. You can farm them solo, or with 2 ppl. Even without double CP campaign I can farm about 50k/hr solo with RoE rings, some ppl can farm even more. I just did a Woh gate pt with THF COR PUP BRD and 2 WHM trusts, with PUP missing 80% of the hit and BRD just an afk mule, we got around 3 JP in 45 min. So that's 13hr of work to cap 1 category with just 4 ppl and no real healer/tank/DD. I heard some ppl can farm 10 JP in 90 min so that's 8hr to cap 1 category. I don't see what's so bad about it compare with building a relic/empy/mythic. If 13hr per category without tank/healer/DD is too much grind, you may as well don't play MMORPG since you're supposed to spend hundreds and hundreds of hr in MMORPG.

BLU isn't the only job gets useful JP. So far every job has around 1~2 job point that's not bad and a few that's bad. Ppl really need to stop downplaying the performance increase of job point.

For example, SAM hasso job point 10/10 gives 10 STR, 10 STR after 8~13hr of grind is perfectly fine. @75 we spent way longer than 8~13hr for gears or merit that offers 10 STR. Hell ppl pay 20M for 1 STR when ifrit's ring+1 was just out, for majority of the player it takes longer than 8hr to farm 20M.

It seems that you just complain for the sake of wanting to complain. I see zero issue with reward/effort ratio with job point. We've been tossing gears since SoA release, it's nice that SE finally offered some way to increase performance without having to toss them after next update.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-04-2014 at 02:55 AM.

9. 08-04-2014 04:30 AM

Player
    Perhaps I misunderstand how your math is working here...

Assuming your normal DMG is 100 a hit...
    2 * 1.03% = 2.06
    2 * 100 = 200
    2.06 * 100 = 206
    206 / 200 = 1.03(even after 100 swings it's still only +3% basically)

You're stacking the 3% over and over again, doesn't work that way. If you do 3% more DMG per hit then you're only doing 3% more DMG, after a minute it's not 180%.
    (3)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Demonjustin you might be correct but after 34 hits it does add to another hit

so when you have hit 34 times you do the damage of 35 hits which over all is(mathematically) in the realm of insignificance
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast