Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    while the category is meh, i look at it as an optional source. there is no need to spend job points on something you deem worthless. We have gotten allready one of the best job points categorys: Blue magic points +. No other Job point category comes even close to what Blue magic points + offers for BLU.
    I'm going to have to disagree here, I hate that they're trying to fix the job through job point system. JP are supposed to enhance a job, not fix it. To me that's fundamentally flawed.
    (8)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphTheGalka View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree here, I hate that they're trying to fix the job through job point system. JP are supposed to enhance a job, not fix it. To me that's fundamentally flawed.
    but its enhancing the job, not fixing it, the +10 more blue mage points arent magical makeing BLU ZOMG UBER DD BBQ-Sauce, its enhancing BLU nothing else.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd have to disagree on set points enhancing Blue Mage instead of fixing it. The question I ask myself when considering Assimilation and +10 Blue Magic Points (+30 eventually) is: Will Blue Mages be expected to have points in this to be competent?

The answer I came to is yes, eventually they will. It's only an awesome category because we needed the space, which will only grow exponentially as they continue to add new spells that cost 7 points and higher. The need for these points will rise higher than they are now. In the development team's own words, they are trying to fix the 20 spell limit problem by providing traits in a singular spell. But the only way eventually to use this fix will be with Job Points into Assimilation/Blue Magic Points because the spells are so much more expensive without either of them.

Given that Blue Mage is the only one so far with such a unique stipulation, I can't agree with it. It doesn't make a Blue Mage uber, but the difference between a Blue Mage with 55 set points and 90 set points will be extremely noticeable with new set costs. It doesn't fit with the philosophy they conveyed of Job Points being a casual reward upgrade over time.

If someone wants to tackle it hardcore to maximize their character, that's awesome and should be an achievement. But the difference shouldn't be so monumentally different with and without it to the point where you are expected to grind them.
    (6)

Character
    Gekuz
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    The reason of this ability is pretty obvious: BLU are burned in ABY party ---> Skills are super low ---> Learning spells is difficult.

With the tons of problem regard the difficulty of this jobs (BLU is much more complicated that ANY jobs in the whole game) this job point traits is totally useless for those who are REALLY main BLU

I've got all the spells took one by one during my NORMAL level up years and years ago, it doesn't matter if the spell was useful or not, i had it. Blu is my main, i'm starting a Tizona right now... and i have to worry about a totally useless category?

As Rwolf said, the are tons of other things they could add:
    Buff duration first of all.

But also Ad-Effect accuracy won't be bad, We have plenty of spells with ad-effect but on high tier mobs they aren't worth...

Please re-consider... and let BLU be a wanted DD for one time in the history of this game
    (2)

Player
    Eh. The amount of effort that goes in to job points far exceeds that of skilling up and getting all your spells. Others have stated, you can get all your spells in a day, you can't get that many job points in a day.

There is no reason for it, it's just terrible.
    (1)

Character
    Pugofmidgard
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Agreed. Improve it, or replace it all together. Job Points are a long-haul clear indication of commitment to the job. I should have all or nearly all of my spells at this point, and the 3-4 spells that may be periodically added do not warrant the amount of potential job points spent.

If I could have had this at level 1, and in the days of Aht Urghan's release, it may have had a chance to be useful. This doesn't even hold a temptation to a brand new Blu, since you have to get the job to 99, and invest a job point that would have been better spent expanding your Blue Magic Points.
    (1)

Character
    Mystouille
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadeus View Post
    The original post had way too much vitriol, in my opinion. If you want change, you don't get it by swearing at the people trying to make the game better. Express yourself, but I believe a more civil approach is recommended (directed at OP, no one has given me any sort of the same hostile vibe). I'm happy to see the game get monthly updates, and while some of the content is questionable, and we are free to voice our concern, but NONE of us have the power to tell them what to do, or what they should've did instead. I don't see a point to the spell-learning category, so I'm just going to keep working on my blue magic points during the double capacity campaign. And if there's time, I'll try to get even more points.

Too much vitriol ... but why ? When the dev team tell us they know the multiple issues concerning the job , that they don't want to overpower us by giving what we need , that they use a grind-based system to correct their own flaws , and now that they give " useless enhancements " to reflect our dedicaction to the job ; who , who can stay calm ?
    Back to older times they rarely gave us stat-boosting stuff , neither OAX (even a bard can wield a KC) judging we would be overpowered , our weapons despite being A- are weaker than B+ accessible (want a fresh example ? anahera SABER (132) vs anahera BLADE (143) ) because "we are mages" ,
    We barely had MAB (god bless the hagondes stuff) because they fear our "blue magic would be overpowered (hell yeah pup had better options before ...) , our blue magic points are "maxed" since level 75 and so do our spell slots : because giving too much traits to blue mages would be too OP , (but getting with this system @max 15 job traits all tiers included versus (31 (rng) and 9 (cor -drg) with an average of (20-21)) is ok for them .
    Now ok we are an hybrid class /jack of all trades with a near infinite potential but when i see how they are being sissy about the blue when they give everything they need to "chosen jobs" and almost nothing to us , it really frustrates me .

There are nice improvements since adoulin but sometimes when they goof around when being aware of the real problem i can't say "ok" and smile , or say "you made my heart cry" and being emo ,i'll say bullsh*t and say it loud because a polite "NO" will often be ignored

to close: i'm emotionally involved when years after years every commoner misjudge blu , and forced me to play boring jobs to stuff it , i'm also emotionally involved when a job which requires way much more dedication than any other one is being trolled by their conceptors, or is chosen only to do some boring-forced-tasks (VW anyone?) oh and i'm also sad when i have to swing my sword instead using my beloved spells gained because it's inefficient ...

i'll stop there before being even more "acrid"
    (2)
    Last edited by Mystouille; 08-02-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Player
    I must say, I do get quite passionate about PUP getting mage gear. It really ticks me off. Especially seeing that appears on mage gear over jobs that could actually use it.
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I do understand your frustration. Blue Mage is my only level 99 job. My next highest is 91 War, but I can't bring myself to play anything but Blue Mage. I refuse to level another job just to advance my BLU, so I've been doing solo stuff, mainly sparks farming. Some friends helped me by doing a very difficult SKNM (so I could get a Mimesis, the only i119 weapon I have access to since I haven't done delve, or anything that could get me higher than i117). My gear is a combination of i119 Artifact and Relic that I had farmed the sparks for the paper, and bought the items needed to have the NPC make them. I have all of my non-HNM spells, and maybe 4 of the HNM (just learned Bilgestorm yesterday) spells. I'm capped on Blue Magic, Sword, Evasion, Parry (merits). My non-AF/Relic gear is nothing special, but I seem to be doing okay.

The thing is, I've always loved Blue Mage. From the very beginning. It brought me back to XI when the expansion came out. I got the job on the first try with the quest NPC. It's my favorite job in the FF universe. I love the idea of using the abilities of my foes. I was happy every step of the way, and never felt weak. So when they make changes, and make me stronger, it can only make me happier.

That's why I don't mind it when they announce a category for learning blue magic. It's a little odd, but between that and what I read about in the topic about still having to equip Animating Wail for Dual Wield, I feel we have quite a few spells coming, and it's unfortunate that we could forever be stuck with 20 spell slots. But I can only look forward, because I know good things are on the horizon, just as I've enjoyed the good things on the path to i119 blue mage.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but in my opinion, If I were in charge, I wouldn't want to acknowledge the one screaming profanity and kicking sand. I'd rather listen to people who express their opinions without the need for vulgarity, and can keep their cool. It's great to see another passionate Blue Mage, but if your way succeeds, then great ^^ I just feel that we should discuss it in a civilized manner, is all.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree, and said in my first post that the OP was too intense. I agree that to get your point heard, it's better to bait with honey than vinegar. Matsui has stated himself that he reads but won't respond on English forums because of the tone of some messages. I think it's a mutual blame myself but I'll derail the thread getting into that.

The problem with Learning Blue Magic is it doesn't take that long to learn it. I've had horrible luck with randomness where it took me literally 40 hours to learn Cocoon when Blue Mage was first released. However, even in that random horrible bad luck instance, I'd still learn a spell before earning enough to add 2-3% chance to Learning Blue Magic.. I think the outrage stems from this ability taking a slot and having no real use. Honestly the time it takes someone to cap this category, you will learn all current Blue Magic and any new spells before it's done. And if they have to make learning new Blue Magic more difficult in the future to make this relevant, that's even worse.

Any content that has no practical use upon arrival that you have to make content (harder spell acquisition) to make what you added useful is horrible. It's not as though Blue Mage has a short of things it could have in its place. I don't have to put points into it, but I don't also want to advocate useless content being added by being silent.

This reminds me of the survey they had not too long ago where they didn't understand why job points and monstrosity was not popular. It's comments like these that people have made on the forums that should be taken more into account and it wouldn't get such an overwhelming negative response.
    (4)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 08-02-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast