World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[dev1227] Blu Feedback : Blue Magic Leaning JPC nonsense : Aftermath

New JOB POINT CATEGORY

Quote Originally Posted by Devteam
    Blue Mage
    Chain Affinity Effect Increases physical blue magic skillchain damage while under the effects of Chain Affinity.
    Increase skillchain damage by 1 percent.
    this one ok but ....

Quote Originally Posted by DevTeam

Learning Chance
    Increases the likelihood of learning blue magic.
    Increase likelihood of learning by 1 percent.
    no , just no !

Learning blue magic spell isn't an issue and that's not worthy to spend our time on grinding job points for this bullsh*t !

Job points are designed to be the reward for our dedication and it reflects in our abilities !
    once you get your freaking spell it's done and nothing else ?

you already spit on blue mage saying we can't get macc and physical accuracy because it would be too overpowered (i'd say too balanced) , you deliberately nerf our spells even before they are released , even breaking them sometimes (tourbillion anyone ?) , and now you give us such a crappy ability that's requires so much effort dedication ?

do we have to light fires and get pitchforks to make you understand that your trolling is going too far ?

"give us an alternative mr blue mage if you can"
    try this dev team !

Blue Magic Mastery
    Increases the likelihood of learning blue magic.
    Increase likelihood of learning by 1 percent.
    Adds 2 Magic accuracy per point

(oh and this took me exactly 10 sec to think about it)
    (18)
    Last edited by Mystouille; 08-21-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: dev team done the job

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    This new category makes no sense. Do they expect us to get to level 99, spend countless hours farming job points, and then only start collecting spells? There's almost no point for any established BLU to spend hours farming job points just to learn one or two new spells that come out. For almost every non WKR boss related spell it would be far faster to just tough it out and farm the spell.

This needs to go back to the drawing board.
    (13)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hostility can probably be turned down a bit; I know if I were any sort of PR person I'd roll my eyes at a negative attitude like that. That being said, I fully agree.

Blue Magic Learning is an unnecessary and unhelpful category; sure, they are still adding new spells, but with few exceptions I've had little to no difficulty learning spells. As long as I've kept my Assimilator's Bazubands +1 on, my skill capped/merited, and saw the spell? I'd get it within a few runs, Droning Whirlwind aside. Droning Whirlwind hates me and is the only spell I have yet to learn. But really, in the time that it would take to improve "Blue Magic Learning" to anything remotely useful (let's just say even 5%), I could have learned all of those spells by now. I do a JP grinding party in Woh usually at least one a week and am almost always on my BLU for everything I do. I have only just gotten my fifth point in "Blue Magic Points" and am 4/6 to the next. Instead of spending hours and hours and hours on grinding up points just to improve my ability to learn spells, I could have just gone out and made a dozen attempts at learning them, and probably learned them.

So yeah, is there any chance we can see a change to this? It doesn't seem to be helpful at all.
    (9)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    This is why we need the test server again. Or some notification of what is coming further in advance.

Oh, it's been met with universal disdain, but hey the update is in a week or two, too late to change now!

Some kind of input on this stuff is what these forums are ostensibly about, but they seem to take none.
    (6)

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This job point enhancement is stupid. Please reconsider.
    (8)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I gotta say, I don't even play BLU (do to my issues learning Pollen at low levels, grr) and the OP's tone is... not conducive to getting proper attention, but...

Yeah, I gotta say, what is the rationale here? First you give BLU a Job Point category that is anything but optional (the additional points to set more/better spells), which seems to go against the entire spelled out philosophy of job points, and then you give them a "learning" boost - that you can only get at 99, and I'd gather that most BLUs that are going to be ready to go out and farm CP already have all the spells (perhaps excepting the WKR/Delve ones). I know there is still Blue Magic to be added but this really seems a little oddly thought out?
    (8)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Archi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am agree with them, first time i see this its really laughable, please to consider this job point. Maybe put something more benefit on our damage

Edit:
    Later on when SE started make survey this job point will be no one to be choose

Unless the dev already planning to make new blu spell that have chance 0.000001% to learn (even with cap blue magic + gear)
    (1)
    Last edited by Archi; 08-02-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The only thing that makes sense to me, is the same thing they are doing with the category of Blue Magic Spell Points. They are releasing new spells that cost more to equip, but give job traits on their own.

If they are going to make a category for learning Blue Magic at level 99, I wouldn't be surprised if they released spells where it was absolutely required to have more points in learning Blue Magic, otherwise it would be maybe a 1-10% chance to learn, and it could be on monsters you don't get to fight often. This is speculation, but it could be that they are already planning for the future, just as they are doing with the blue magic points.

The only other thing I can say is that if you don't like it, don't put points into it. I'm sure they have plenty of things planned for job points, and I personally feel that they are doing this for a reason. Also maybe lay off the caffeine, there's no reason to get so bent out of shape over something like this, when they have been looking to improve blue mage. It's not like we are being ignored. Calm down.
    (0)

Player
    If they did that it'd be even more dumb than having the category.

There's nothing wrong with saying "Oh, we don't like this, can you remove it / change it."

Even if it was a low chance of learning, by the time you cap those points you could have probably learned it thirty times over.
    (5)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree that the OP went about it the wrong way but the message is still valid. This is horrible game design elements. It's not a matter of don't merit it if you don't like it, it shouldn't exist in the first place.

If the development team wants to boost blue magic learning then they should add more gear that does so. Even better, they should just add Blue Magic Skill to equipment, which right now is very seldom found unlike a lot of other magical skills.

The way they are going about adding certain Job Point categories to Blue Mage isn't enhancements, but fixes and quality of life upgrades. That's really crappy...

They honestly just need to remove Blue Magic Job Points and this Learning one. There are a ton of other things they can add in its place. Burst Affinity Effect, Monster Correlation Effect, Additional Effect Duration, Buff Duration, Convergence Effect, Diffusion Recast, Enchainment Bonus, Efflux Effect, Base Damage to Physical Blue Magic, Magic Accuracy, Magic Attack Bonus. List goes on.

Saying that they can't add any more spell slots is not a valid answer. There are ways to get around any system limitations. Separating menus for setting Blue Magic to use and another for equipping spells and traits. Adding a JA like Scholar's Enlightment that unlocks all spells for 1 cast. Adding new spells and trying to fix/add quality of life changes through Job Points is not the answer and goes against the whole philosophy behind the purpose of Job Points.
    (6)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 08-02-2014 at 03:17 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast