Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadeus View Post
    That's why I don't mind it when they announce a category for learning blue magic. It's a little odd, but between that and what I read about in the topic about still having to equip Animating Wail for Dual Wield, I feel we have quite a few spells coming, and it's unfortunate that we could forever be stuck with 20 spell slots. But I can only look forward, because I know good things are on the horizon, just as I've enjoyed the good things on the path to i119 blue mage.
    The point is, blue magic spell isn't zomg super hard to learn once you have your AF hands and capped blue magic. On the other hand, job point can be very time consuming to grind. In the end, the time you spend on grinding the job point may be longer than the time it save to learn spells.

Further more, most of the BLU would probably spend their CP on a more useful category first, by the time they finally have extra CP for learning blue magic, they'd probably have all the spells unless they decided to grind CP before they learn their spells.

Even if SE release new spells in the future I doubt there gonna be enough to justify this category. Back in the past SE often release spells once a couple of months, do you think it's gonna change?
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Blue Mage is one of the few jobs that got a really good thing to use job points for. Why are you so bent out of shape over this? I agree that it's an idiotic option, but that's just it... an option. Don't do it.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You're right that we don't have to put points in it, but you have to consider the opportunity cost. What else could they have put in, rather than making us wait for another few months for another set of JP categories? Instead of "Learning Chance" they could have done something like Burst Affinity Effect (+MAB/MDmg/MB damage, as possibilities) or Diffusion Buff Duration, or Magic Accuracy like some other jobs got to make landing our additional effects easier. Instead of a mostly useless slot, it would have been better to provide one that people would actively be able to work on rather than a blank category that won't likely be touched ever?
    (3)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The thing is that almost every job point category is terrible and each job gets maybe 1 that isn't. The lost opportunity cost is trivial.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    job points is just an option, why are people so anal about those job points, if you deem them worthless dont do them. I myself only touch the ones I think give me some boost on the job.
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As mentioned in the previous posts, it really isn't a big deal. Most jobs got useless/semi-useless categories the first time around. Blue Mage was, in fact, very fortunate in getting a blue magic point category the first time around. Could spell learning have been something else? who knows? Only the developers know. I bet they have more categories planned. I imagine they have had some of this stuff in the works for a long time.

I am overlooking the spell-learning category, since it doesn't apply to me. Someone else that used Abyssea "may" find a use for it, but I have all of my spells. I'll just throw points at the categories worthwhile to me, and stockpile points until better categories come along.

Good things are coming (and have been released) for Blue Mage. They are listening, and trying to make the job better. At the same time, they probably have content they have been working on for a while, and they have to release it too. If it really upsets you that they added such a pointless category (to you, and me, but not everyone), just express your opinion (preferably in a non-volatile manner), and keep playing (or not). It's up to you.

It's a shame that all the good stuff seems to be hidden behind the petty negativity, but I suppose that's human nature. Maybe a month or two down the line, when they add more categories, you can find peace.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    The thing is that almost every job point category is terrible and each job gets maybe 1 that isn't. The lost opportunity cost is trivial.
    That's a pretty terrible way of generalizing the system. Negative outlook ftw?

Can only speak for what I care about, but Whm has 3+, War has 4, and Geo 5. It's not far fetched at all that Blu could of gotten something much better than what they did in that slot. To expect terrible things out of the system is just being silly.
    (8)
    7/10/14

This new job point category was created with the idea that we will be adding new level 99 spells in the future, and it would serve to facilitate the learning of these spells. I have compiled your feedback and will continue to forward it along to the devs.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    You were a 75 Blu, Grek, and while you don't have experience with the job point system you should know how easy learning spells is. It's a terrible category
    (7)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Probably one of the most useless things ever added to this game.
    (5)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast