Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmm, so the answer to broken spells, is to force players to grind job points for hundreds of hours to make them work? Enhancing accuracy of these is good, but they should work as intended anyway without having to modify them along this path. At least fix the ones that do not add effect no matter what. I believe the spells in question have been repeated on here so many times, they are burned into the retinas of the community reps.
    (8)

Thanks for the change, maybe later we'll get one for magical additional effects too =p. I honestly thought they would make it "burst affinity: bonus to magic bursts" lol
    (0)

Character
    Mystouille
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Thanks for the change, maybe later we'll get one for magical additional effects too =p. I honestly thought they would make it "burst affinity: bonus to magic bursts" lol
    i'd have bet on breath booster

but this "optionnal" macc is way better than their original idea, time to change that post name

to prevent future similar cases, we should create a idea topic dedicated to those job points category for blue mages
    (0)
    Last edited by Mystouille; 08-21-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Hmm, so the answer to broken spells, is to force players to grind job points for hundreds of hours to make them work? Enhancing accuracy of these is good, but they should work as intended anyway without having to modify them along this path. At least fix the ones that do not add effect no matter what. I believe the spells in question have been repeated on here so many times, they are burned into the retinas of the community reps.

Just my personal opinion and feel free to disagree, if you're talking about the spells that's not currently broken, I think the additional effect of spells shouldn't be VERY high regardless of NM's lv. Sudden lunge with 100% land rate is kinda OP on NMs.

The ones that won't not work no matter what would need a fix though.
    (1)

Player
    I rarely agree with Afania, on anything, but yes, much as I love Blu, it would be rather overpowered on NMs if sudden lunge a high hit rate and the duration tenancies it generally has. But if they raised it's hitrate a ton, and made the stun duration tiny on NMs (ala Blm stun) Maybe Blu could be a situational stunner, that would be neat.
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i think you guys are blowing out of proportion what where getting here, this wont make spell that dont land atm land unless se miss worded it(aka if its a land rate boost). Realistically this job point is going to be 1 or hopefully 2 and if we have been really good 3 macc on add effect per job point, so 10 20 or 30 macc, In the case of sudden lunge you can land it on any nm that the real stun can be landed on, tho sudden lacks blm stuns massive macc boost, IF your macc is high enough, also every time you use it, a monster build additional resistance (mevasion to) the stun effect. long story short it wont make sudden 100% at best it might mean you can use it 2 maby 3 more times before its fully resisted, and spell like turbilon it wont fix.
    (0)

Player
    Au contraire, I full well agree with you there Metaking, +60Macc (assuming we get a general macc category + this physical added effect ones) will not suddenly make sudden lunge work in delve like it does on salvage trash mobs, this would still be underpowered imo as things are now.

I simply meant if they were to try to fix these spells more adequately, sudden lunge could do with a huge macc boost for endgame content, but if they did something like that, they would have to make sure the stun duration wasn't overpowered, but then again, perhaps the innate resistance building of NMs would already work fine for that? I just meant, much as I love Blu, we shouldn't be able to keep delve bosses stunned for 50% of the fight like we can with trash content, fun as that might be.

But mostly I just meant I would be happy with sudden Lunge getting an Macc boost at the expense of stun duration, especially if it was for NMs only.
    (1)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8