RCN Cable

Type of Internet Connection:
    Cable

Internet Connection Speed:
    50Mbs

Date & Time:
    7/31/2014 10:00am EST to current

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    Always

Character Name:
    Alphadeus

Race:
    ElvaanM

World:
    Ragnarok

Main Job:
    Blue Mage 99

Support Job:
    Dancer 49

Area and Coordinates:
    Western Altepa Desert (G-7)

Party or Solo:
    Solo (with Trusts)

NPC Name:
    Dreamrose

Monster Name:
    None (unable to spawn Sabotender Enamorado)

Steps:
    - Became Rank 6 a long time ago, maxed rank with crystals, and began Leaute's Last Wishes
    - Returned to game several times, most recent being December 2013.
    - Never attempted mission before, worked on other expansions (Leaute's Last Wishes has always been the current mission in my log)
    - Spoke to Halver, told me King wanted to see me
    - Got cutscene for the end of The Shadow Lord mission (Mission 5-2), where Destin commends me for putting an end to the Shadow Lord.
    - Spoke to Halver again, which flagged the quest "Fit For A Prince"
    - Every attempt to speak to Halver results in him saying "You are to retrieve a dreamrose from an oasis in the Altepa Desert. Good luck."
    - When I zone out and back in, he says it again, but when I speak to him again, I have the option to cancel Fit For A Prince, and then he goes back to asking for the dreamrose.
    - Examining the Dreamrose in Western Altepa Desert G-7 gives the message "It is a beautiful desert flower". Sabotender Enamorado does not spawn. I have tried with and without trusts.
    - I checked with the bard in the Chateau, and he only lists cutscenes up until Shadow Lord Part II (the one I saw today, instead of the correct one).
    - Clicking on the Great Hall gives message "It's locked tight".

I searched the forums, and found someone with a similar issue back in February of 2014, but their post was moved to duplicate bugs, and I have not been able to find any other posts regarding this issue.

EDIT: in the time I reached Rank 6 and flagged Leaute's Last Wishes without doing anything towards it, I have completed Zilart, CoP, ToAU, and WotG expansions. I believe some later parts of WotG involved Halver.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alphadeus; 08-01-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Character
    Peregrin
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Did you get a CS with the King from the door behind Halver?
    (0)

Character
    Alphadeus
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The first time, yes ^^ but it was the cutscene for defeating the Shadow Lord (I checked the dialogue against what is written on one of the wikis for XI, and also re-watched the cutscene with the bard located in the same room as Halver). There was no mention of Leaute, or a dreamrose. I did the Shadow Lord mission back in 2004/2005 at the latest, so I don't know for sure if I got the cutscene then. Currently, when I click on the door behind Halver, I get the message "It's locked tight", while Halver is asking me to retrieve a dreamrose (and if I click again, he tries to get me to find a specific female character as part of the "Fit For A Prince" quest, which I have both accepted and cancelled, which changed nothing). With these 2 things in place, clicking on the dreamrose in Western Altepa Desert does not spawn the Cactuar NM, instead telling me it is a beautiful desert flower.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, as I have followed the instructions on the wiki. I was already on Leaute's Last Wishes yesterday before I attempted to speak to Halver (I had been on it since I defeated the Shadow Lord, but never advanced because I was probably level 60~ and did not know enough people to form an alliance to fight the NM), and he told me to speak to the king, which led to the cutscene for defeating the Shadow Lord. And now the door is locked, and Halver does say to retrieve a dreamrose, but I can't because the dreamrose does not spawn the NM.

I mentioned it in the original post, but I have had numerous encounters with Halver since I returned back in December of 2013. Most of them were due to WotG missions. I have completed Zilart, CoP, Apocalypse Nigh (Zilart + CoP), ToaU (only 1 promotion in Assault), and recently WotG. I do not know if any of those are a factor in this issue. I do not know if the "Shadow Lord" cutscene I got from the King was required to get Rank 6, trade crystals to increase meter, and flag Leaute's Last Wishes. Meaning I'm not sure if I had originally seen it.
    (0)