Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    A quick follow-up on my previous post,

The development team’s basic policy is that similar to how a high synthesis skill is required to make equipment for high levels, a high level of cooking skill is required to make pet items for high levels. However, since these are consumables, the team would like to add some items that are somewhat easier to obtain.

We’ll be adding new pet items in the September version update that can be purchased from NPC shops for a comparatively cheaper price. As soon as we hear anything else on this subject we will be sure to follow up.
    Are they good? This is the main issue.

SE can release a manticore, lizard, yellow crawler, sapling, pugil, giant bat, and another leech for 1gil each, but it will change nothing. All these pets are crap as-well as the current guys. Pets are already cheap atm. HQ and NQ is a joke, I only use hq cause i make them, do not understand ppl whom buy the hq versions of the same crappy pet. There are no exclusive moves, perks, etc. The hp increase is not a matter of life and death.

Also, this will not work unless all of the pets are vendor/cheap. I am not a price conscience individual, however, if you guys release a yellow crawler that can be brought from the vendor,but a make a scorpion craft only; bst will scream foul, because they cannot use the scorp.

Bst is a flawed job whom is dragged even further down the pile with flawed concepts. I quit the job, hence it does not bother me, but I still find it quite comical.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    Are they good? This is the main issue.

SE can release a manticore, lizard, and another leech for 1gil each, but it will change nothing. All these pets are crap as-well as the current guys.
    Sorta depends on the moves on them... Manticore has potential though I doubt they'd do it. Lizards are kinda underrated. Audacious Anna's infrasonics is -25% evasion which is pretty nice and had a decent land rate until delve. Old leech had -50% att which also landed decently.
    (1)

Player
    Manticores have extremely high delay and the only move worth using is deadly hold; which was only deadly when Kirin used it on my sky ls. This may be a common misconception with players; they may recall powerful monsters several lvls above them using these moves (Debuffs, etc), but in actuality, it is the exact opposite as it pertains to jugs. They are weaker than delve, AA, and other higher tier bosses.

It is not that lizards are underrated, but why release a lizard as opposed to a wivre, matamata, or bugard? Sure lizards can be decent, but they are not exactly powerful pets; they are worthy of their D-list status. Personally, I would not rely on monster debuffs, if (When) they miss, that was potential damage taken away from their overall dps (Should have used blockhead). As it pertains to the leech, well, not sure delve bosses care for the attack penalty, their abilities appear to be magical; and it would not land anyway (As you alluded to). Essentially, lizards and leeches are useful on dated crap which will die within seconds (Why use debuffs?).

Bst is a flawed job. The great monsters are "Not implementable." We are a one-handed dd, hence we need damaging pets. Lizards, leeches, etc will do us little justice. I mean, most bst would take the most damaging pet to a pt situation, which were falcorr, hobs, and NN (back in the day) regardless of the KI bonus. For instance, most bst would take a scorp, hippo, opo, ruszor, and a snapweed over the lizard in a dd situation.

I quit bst due to SE's constant neglect of the powerful monsters; imo the future looks dim for bst.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-11-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well I meant heatbreath could be decent....

Sure I'd love some powerful ones too but I would like ones with good debuffs that land again. Also I alluded to it landing decently not it not landing. I meant they were landing fine for most the game until we had mobs that just had huge meva that we couldn't overcome... I remember back before say VW when these debuffs landed very well and could really help give the bst a niche in the group on top of it's axe throwing... I mean hp down from the slug was huge by itself.

But then they started making mobs with really high meva without really doing anything to our pets macc... and then when they finally did bump it up a tad it didn't really matter because we were fighting higher level mobs and all our good debuffs come from jugs that can only go to 114 at most. I can with a bit of work now land some of them on delve 1 stuff but I doubt could delve 2. But I feel if they actually gave us ones that went up to 119 and tweaked macc some more (jugs used to have great macc) so we can land stuff like avatars routinely do it could be insane.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3