Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    yeah i agreee about 50 synthesis and my HQ rate is really bad, they need increase it a bit, not alot
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    They need to make it so with max amount of skill you can at least tier 2 it. Especially since HQ1 results in only 2
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 08-06-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Player
    Back in the day; synergy equated to automatic hq species, but now, it appears to be numerical.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Or on that note could compromise and maybe idk make a recipe that uses say 2 NQ and synergizes them into an HQ!
    (2)

Player
    They're adding some new jug pets to vendors for cheap next (September) update. They probably won't be hq, though.
    (1)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-07-2014 at 02:35 AM.

A quick follow-up on my previous post,

The development team’s basic policy is that similar to how a high synthesis skill is required to make equipment for high levels, a high level of cooking skill is required to make pet items for high levels. However, since these are consumables, the team would like to add some items that are somewhat easier to obtain.

We’ll be adding new pet items in the September version update that can be purchased from NPC shops for a comparatively cheaper price. As soon as we hear anything else on this subject we will be sure to follow up.
    (6)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

my issue wasn't the price-although that IS a concern since my major craft is leather-it's the trash jugs. let's put it this way; original end-game level was 75, but crafts reached 100; we know the ratio of NQ to HQ is based on the difference between your crafting level and the cap for skilling on the jug. THE end-game jug of choice was Courier Carrie, and my recollection is the recipe most used capped at 34 cooking, that meant a good supply of HQ on the market because of the 66 (69? if you geared) level gap between the jug and the cooks pounding them out, and I think the HQ rate for the top guys was about 60% since they would powercraft during the proper moon phases. But now we're dealing with jugs over level 100 for cap and cooking caps at 110-115 with GP Items. The skill gap is GREATLY reduced and the HQ rate is abysmal because of it, especially since you lose $ on every NQ synth, and those are the majority.

That means, a. a severely trunctuated supply of GOOD end-game jugs that might be enough to let a beast into a delve or AA fight (I'm not holding my breath, even the HQ jugs on a well-geared beast are sub-par compared to our level 75 performance with CC was), b. the price on the HQ that are available is FAR too high to make using the job worth the investment-especially since we can cheaply level monk and be guaranteed consideration in about 1 RL day of playtime, c. because of the scarcity of the materials few who are even capable of HQing jugs bother-especially since the cost of the NQs and losses from a break make the risk/reward ratio too low, d. beasts that have been driven from the job (see b.) are so numerous that the market for the HQs you do get is severely limited, and e. because that HQ jug that cost a fortune and was almost impossible to find in the 1st place is only good for one instanced fight the cost to play beast in that fight (with the requisite pet food, mulsums and now master/pet food to get stats that leave the performance of a top-flight beast only 30% sub-par of what they were in the past) is quite frankly prohibitive as it is so far in excess of any other job-at least a mage once they buy a scroll they are done, rng/cor/nin have recycle, we have to burn several hundred thousand every single fight-before the staple food, RR and pop that all players have to buy.

So seriously, is it too much to ask that you have the Devs reconsider this request-and then actually give a GOOD reason for the out-of-hand rejection we already know will come?
    (8)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We’ll be adding new pet items in the September version update that can be purchased from NPC shops for a comparatively cheaper price. As soon as we hear anything else on this subject we will be sure to follow up.
    Hmmm... let me guess... another frog?
    (1)

9. 08-08-2014 04:26 AM

Player
    Glam hit the nail on the head. All players spend money; this is nothing new, however, the price combined with the jug's efficacy (Or lack thereof) is my main gripe.

The jugs are trash and expect the next batch to be more of the same. In another thread, SE basically shot down the notion of implementing powerful jugs; size, ferocity, strength and special attacks appeared to be the main issues SE had with certain monsters; aka take a hint.
    (0)

@WoW I don't know if you misunderstood me on "trash jugs" or not. I was referring to the NQ jugs that you get and just toss/NPC due to no market when aiming for the HQ. You may not have misunderstood me since I read your post as even the HQ are still trash as they are underpowered in general and specifically when compared to the gap between Master and Pet at level 75 that I've been referring to. Because frankly, we're both right. There seems to be a concerted effort by SE to weaken Bst's niche as the strongest soloing job in the game (tbh, I think that already passed awhile ago), and specifically in all of the instanced end-game content. Honestly, my brd/dnc doing melee is about as productive as my bst in instanced content that requires jugs now. pets hit slow, don't take damage as they used to, cannot hold hate, have ready moves that aren't worth the effort, don't even have a TH1 to justify them and go down as fast as a mage to all the AoE TP moves by mobs now. and since I'm not aware of any end-game instanced content that allows charm I don't see anything where we could get an appropriately powerful pet again. This cannot be a simple error by SE, they had it right for 10 years after all, so it must be intentional. and it's really chapping my ass that my favorite job which WAS a perennial power-house is being made into a joke. I mean, "lol-pup" is back, but I never thought they would encourage "lol-bst"
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast