Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

[dev1225] Job Adjustments - PLD

I'm not even gonna 'wait and see' on this.

Paladin
    The job trait “Max HP Boost” will be added.
    Paladins will acquire this trait at level 45, with the effect increasing at level 85.

Why? Why do we have to wait till 45, and then get 1 piddly upgrade at 85.

Ninja
    Ninjas will receive this trait at level 20, with the effect increasing stages at levels 40, 60, 80, and 99.

Warrior
    Warriors will receive this trait at level 30, with the effect increasing stages at levels 50, 70, and 90.

Rune Fencer
    Rune fencers will receive this trait at level 20, with the effect increasing stages at levels 40, 60, 80, and 99.

Pld gets HP Boost II Nin gets HP Boost V war gets HP boost IV and rune gets HP boost V.

"We want other jobs to tank".

They don't need to be able to tank .3% less effectively than a pld.

Every single other job above can also be a Damage dealer better than pld can. They already have their place. As has been told to me before, pld is a tank and we will 'never' give pld any exceptional damage abilities. What this says to me is, we're going to say pld is a tank, and then marginalize pld as a tank by giving it sub-par qualities to do so compared to the other 'tanks'. The only reason I can think of for this discrepancy in HP Boost ranks is that pld is supposed to take less damage because of their defense boost job traits. Key word being 'supposed'. PLD gets Pro 5, shell 4, a shield (which other jobs can use, albeit not as well, making any pld who wants to do anything as pld have an aegis and an Ochain is not anymore fair) and phalanx (excluding sub job abilities/spells) to mitigate damaging attacks. Making other jobs have MORE hp than the tank simply takes us back to abyssea days when mnks tanked everything and mages just sat and spammed cure spells. Now it'll be War or Nin or Run, who can not only tank, but do damage as well. Pld all but went extinct because of this line of thinking. Currently for a large number of things pld is THE tank. Seeing as it is supposed to be THE tank, let us be THE tank and give us a fair increase in HP, it wont break the game to give us the same amount of HP as other 'tanks'. Please stop making other jobs 'tanks' and just let pld do the only job you will let them do.

As i just summarized to someone, why take a job that has purely defensive capabilities, when you can take one with both offensive and defensive capabilities and there is little difference between the 2?
    (1)
    Last edited by Kavik; 07-30-2014 at 04:45 AM.
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Player
    Frankly: Pld is getting to participate in events, they're desired, Nin and Run aren't, while to some extent I agree with your sentiment, the bigger travesty here is Nin and Run not getting to participate in much of the game, they need something, though I do tend to agree this wasn't necessarily the way to go about it at all.

Though, while we're on the subject, while it's nice for Rng to be useful, Pld needs a real enmity answer other than "Just invite all RNGs as DDs."
    (0)

You're getting a job trait you have performed exceptionally without for 13 years. You're looking a gift horse in the mouth here, PLD doesn't need HP Bonus, and frankly I'm surprised they're even getting 2 traits.

While you're right about those jobs being better DDs, PLD has a desirable place in endgame right now, maybe not in all events, but right now they're good. They're in a place were they're needed. I on the other hand, have never seen a shout for NIN or RUN... and MNK is only a superb tank because of its high HP... giving RUN and NIN the high HP of MNK might make them at least acceptable in some events. That said, IDK bout WAR... perhaps it was because WAR was the original tank job, maybe they're trying to make WAR on par with MNK in terms of HP so they're as desirable as a DD tank in those situations.

I don't have the answers for everything, but I do have the answer for why PLD only got 2 traits. They don't need it. Maybe WAR didn't either, but NIN and RUN did.
    (1)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm gonna hi-jack my own thread because I don't want to start another one when this doesn't have enough replies to get buried anyway. Just add the new dev tag.

Job point category additions.

Paladin Shield Bash Effect Increases damage dealt with Shield Bash.
    Increase damage dealt by 10.
    Cover Duration Increases the effect duration of Cover.
    Increase effect duration by 1 second.

spend HOURS farming job points to deal 100 extra damage every 5 minutes.... even as main job pld, not happening. Do 400 instead of 300 IF I change to aegis? or do 130 with ochain. Yeah, less than 1% of plds will do this.

Now, the more potent bit, the Cover thing. JUST NO! The biggest issue i have with this is, cover totally lacks utility, the dev team has been giving us all these boosts to cover. I wonder, do you realize how LITTLE utility this ability as? You have to be standing, IN Front of the PARTY (can't even use on alliance) member, between them and the mob, for it to have any effect at all. Now, all these additions and adjustments could be fixed a couple of ways. Make Cover AoE (NEVER! I can already hear the dev team shout), or make it like Cover in ff14, i use it on the target pt member and all damage is deflected to the pld regardless of positions. This would actually give much utility to the ability. Then i'd use it more than once in 5 years, as I'm sure others would too.
    (1)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    I'm gonna hi-jack my own thread because I don't want to start another one when this doesn't have enough replies to get buried anyway. Just add the new dev tag.

Job point category additions.

Paladin Shield Bash Effect Increases damage dealt with Shield Bash.
    Increase damage dealt by 10.
    Cover Duration Increases the effect duration of Cover.
    Increase effect duration by 1 second.

spend HOURS farming job points to deal 100 extra damage every 5 minutes.... even as main job pld, not happening. Do 400 instead of 300 IF I change to aegis? or do 130 with ochain. Yeah, less than 1% of plds will do this.

Now, the more potent bit, the Cover thing. JUST NO! The biggest issue i have with this is, cover totally lacks utility, the dev team has been giving us all these boosts to cover. I wonder, do you realize how LITTLE utility this ability as? You have to be standing, IN Front of the PARTY (can't even use on alliance) member, between them and the mob, for it to have any effect at all. Now, all these additions and adjustments could be fixed a couple of ways. Make Cover AoE (NEVER! I can already hear the dev team shout), or make it like Cover in ff14, i use it on the target pt member and all damage is deflected to the pld regardless of positions. This would actually give much utility to the ability. Then i'd use it more than once in 5 years, as I'm sure others would too.
    Totally agree with everything you mentioned. First off shield swapping really hampers dps and if the idea is to shield swap to aegis to do more dmg its not a good idea. As far as cover is concerned, it should either be able to be used on anyone in the alliance or everyone in your party at once that is behind you. It would allow for there to be a melee party with 1pld and 4dds, 1whm and just swap out the whm for brd for buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Completely agree with your latest post, Kavik, but, at least you didn't get "Increases the chance of learning Blue Magic" ROFL, who would ever, ever, spend a job point on that? Almost all the job points are terrible, though there are a couple of standouts.

Cover is especially hilarious right now, because in many fights you use a Pld, you're using all Rng + 1 Thief to keep hate on the Pld, because the enmity system is still a joke, the Thf can't even get much benefit from cover, because the Rngs are all using Decoy shot, the Thf is trying to avoid getting stray hate, (I know, it should go to the Pld as he's closer to the monster, but, everyone's positioning isn't always perfect)
    (1)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Completely agree with your latest post, Kavik, but, at least you didn't get "Increases the chance of learning Blue Magic" ROFL, who would ever, ever, spend a job point on that? Almost all the job points are terrible, though there are a couple of standouts.

Cover is especially hilarious right now, because in many fights you use a Pld, you're using all Rng + 1 Thief to keep hate on the Pld, because the enmity system is still a joke, the Thf can't even get much benefit from cover, because the Rngs are all using Decoy shot, the Thf is trying to avoid getting stray hate, (I know, it should go to the Pld as he's closer to the monster, but, everyone's positioning isn't always perfect)
    This a thousand times over and this is one of the main reason why cover needs to be changed to work in an area behind the pld rather then requiring the dd to be directly behind so that the pld can still be decoy shotted while covering a melee if not and you have melees and rngs its totally useless.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hey at least pld isn't getting rdms increase acc during composure lol. For all the times your rdm is even allowed to melee on something hard enough where acc is an issue...
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I am not sure if you are just unhappy with what they are doin to enhance cover specifically or that its cover that got the job point update this time. Just so you know the devs said they are prolly doin these for most JA for all jobs, and they wanted to start at the lower abilities (thats why there was a shit storm at first cause we got circle ability Job points). Just be patient. none of these are required they are meant to be lil bonuses you can work on as you play. That said it doesnt stop people from purposely going out and earning Job points and i dont blame them.
    (0)

Player
    This just in, Enmity+ cap raised and more enmity from abilities, all of this does nothing to relieve real enmity issues, yay I guess.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast