Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Elemental Affinity Sword Trials

Red Mages use Swords and Magic. Blue Mages use Swords and Magic. Paladins use Swords and Magic.

Of the three, only PLD actually has any staff skill.

Why then is RDM on the elemental staff trials when these three should have their own Affinity Swords? I think that this would satisfy a lot of BLUs jealous of not getting on the affinity staves and a good Cure Potency sword could potentially be wonderful for a PLD. And then I don't have to rage because I see RDMs running around with a worthless stick on their backs.
    (3)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    RDM has nothing to do with weapons in this respect and everythign to do with being a mage. Like it or not, even though it has mage in the name in BLU's case, having MP doesn't make you a "mage." And PLD doesn't need any elemental affinity unless it's resistance.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    And of the three, only RDM needs the affinity.
    (0)

This is why all magians should have been "choose your own augment" deals. Because SE keeps forgetting to hard code armors/weapons that fit what we want.
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    RDM has nothing to do with weapons in this respect and everythign to do with being a mage. Like it or not, even though it has mage in the name in BLU's case, having MP doesn't make you a "mage." And PLD doesn't need any elemental affinity unless it's resistance.
    Red is a Swordsman, shouldn't hold a staff on principle. Magical Blues are more powerful than Physical Blues in some situations so they do need it. And Paladin, well Paladin is kinda meh right now, so maybe they could get some shiny heal swords and backup heal.
    (0)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karumac View Post
    Red is a Swordsman, shouldn't hold a staff on principle. Magical Blues are more powerful than Physical Blues in some situations so they do need it. And Paladin, well Paladin is kinda meh right now, so maybe they could get some shiny heal swords and backup heal.
    STalves do these things, not swords. This is why. I've never seen a magic BLU do jack compaired to a physical one and if your PLDs are "meh," you need new PLDs because they're no where near.
    (0)