Player

[Dev 1225] Weaponskill adjustments.

I'm wondering if we'll get some of the other adjustments that other DDs have gotten, currently there's no update to the top tier weaponskills.

Now, I enjoy the idea that we're getting updates to the older ws, they'll be in line. But again, if puppetmaster wants to be efficacious in party situations then having maneuvers to force other weaponskills will not work. JA delay is something that is a huge concern for us, and while maneuvers are only up for a short time then forcing weaponskills, regardless of whether they do more damage, will just cut into our DPS.

Are you also going to be removing the alpha (0.85 modifier) from these weaponskills too? Can we also get a boost to most of the other weaponskills? Armor Shatterer is still a nice weaponskill but it comes nowhere close to what regular DDs do.

Are we getting a ilvl boost in the way Magic Mortar and.. Cannibal Blade(I don't actually know if that is affected by MAB) the same way that new magic weaponskills are calculated?

Please tell me you have plans to increase Magic Mortar Damage. PLEASE.

What are your plans to increase Pet/Master DPS to be in-line with the other jobs in the game? I really would like to hear that.

I also want to throw this out there again. AUTOMATONS NEED SOME FORM OF PROTECTION AGAINST AOE/DAMAGE. But feel free to dismiss that again.
    (3)

Yeah, I'm kinda confused what the point is of adjusting those (mostly) lower WS's.
    Agreed on all points. What happened to the promised pet job adjustment? And while I'm glad to see the wyvern defense buff, where does that leave other pets?
    (2)

Player
    If they can make Cannibal Blade a lot better that'd be quite nice. It's not gonna fix anything, but being able to do a static amount of damage that also heals our automaton is gonna be really beneficial. I just wish we could set "Default WS" that they'd use unless prompted otherwise. Cannibal Blade going up to, let's say, 1500 dmg would be ideal, not too broken, let's the automaton survive a while, is... insignificant damage wise, but could be a tool to use during the times repair is down.

I'd like to hear what's going to be done with Attuner/Targer Marker too. That is promising. If you extend the duration of maneuvers, or have them be similar to runes.. Manually cancel-able, infinite duration.. Adjusting our pet to the situation would be easier and we'd no longer have to worry about the DPS we'd lose from ja spam. We could also target the best ws for the situation.

Or have some kind of Ayame type function built into one of the automaton. I feel like Magic Mortar would be infinitely better if we could chain a Victory Smite off the back of it. At the minute I either Tactical switch, or force Knockout with the Inhibitor. I find it really suspect that they haven't incorporated what they've done with trusts back into Pet/Automaton AI. SE have an issue with modularity, where they view each component as its own thing, and never use it to enhance other things. There's a lot that could be done with the Slotting system in place currently, or something with Monstrosity and Beastmaster. Pankration and Beastmaster. They're thrown out or kept on their own despite them having utility elsewhere.
    I mean there's already an attachment for that, just... extend Inhibitor a bit.
    (1)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-30-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda confused what the point is of adjusting those (mostly) lower WS's.
    Agreed on all points. What happened to the promised pet job adjustment? And while I'm glad to see the wyvern defense buff, where does that leave other pets?
    I am no pup, but imo,they implied to keep us happy/subbed, but I don't plan on extending mine. Monstrosity and bst are both dated. Those two keep me subbed; other jobs are decent, but I bore quickly. Also, most of them are in the dumps as-well.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-04-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Yeah, I think I'm going to withhold my money until the update ... or even then, it might take some convincing to keep me playing. Especially if nothing is added in Monstrosity.
    (1)