Player

Are we OP yet? No?

How about now?

buff buff buff buff buff buff buff buff buff

I can't really complain, but yeesh, Idris is gonna be crazy for those that have it.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Fun times indeed. ;D

Just sucks that now I gotta retest all those. :x
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    dont think that we are OP, considering we have the flexibility of a rock when it comes to buffs, compared to brd. more potency evens that out somewhat.

Usually: Geo applys 1 buff/debuff at the frontlines and 1 at the backline, in some occasions 2 at frontline 0 at backlines, or 2 on backline 0 on frontline. BRD applies 3-4 buffs on the front line + backline + whoever needs some britney/christina/katy perry/whatever songs and can apply 2-3 debuffs(elegy, threnodys, nocturne). So yeah higher potency on buffs will even things out a bit.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Buff wise yeah brd probably still wins but being able to achieve similar things with debuffs is pretty big especially with stacking. The ability to achieve -100% att or def is not to be underestimated
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Buff wise yeah brd probably still wins but being able to achieve similar things with debuffs is pretty big especially with stacking. The ability to achieve -100% att or def is not to be underestimated
    well it all depends if you can stand in range or not! (in 50% of the cases you cant)
    (0)

Hello, everyone.

Including the adjustments that took place during the August version update, I’d like to share what the development team has planned for the future of geomancer.

In the version update, we increased the stats of certain geomancy spells when equipping gear with “Geomancy +”. With this change, the comparatively easier to obtain equipment that has “Geomancy +5” will now give you noticeable effects, and we’d like to monitor what kind of effects this adjustments has for the moment.

In addition to this, we realize that it’s currently difficult to utilize geomancer’s other specialty, elemental magic, due to the amount of MP consumed when using geomancy spells. The team is currently in the midst of carefully looking into whether they can make adjustments to the cost of these spells.

We’ve also been receiving feedback that since it’s possible to only have two geomancy effects up at the same time, it’s difficult to separate the support for front line and back line jobs. However, the development team’s stance on this is to make the stats of each geomancy spell higher and have a diversity of effects.

Moving forward we will be making it easier to use elemental magic as geomancer along with other adjustments, and we feel this will close the gap between other jobs.
    (7)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    I love how the answer to the op was "No, here's some more buffs" - Don't get me wrong, good buffs, but I just think it's really funny that this is the thread that was replied to
    (1)
    Last edited by Balloon; 08-14-2014 at 07:45 AM.