Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    The only white mage trust is from windrust, yes. At least until you have completed Chains and Bonds mission of CoP. Or if you have enough fame to do the serpent generals quests. The two starter trusts in Sandy both come with cures so yes if you start out in bastok you are semi screwed. Though you have to go to the other two cities anyway for your 2-3 mission anyway. Also when is synergy not semi confusing? At least for those who don't normally use it.

To the OP if you can't find someone to craft you two behemoth daggers try finding a lower pair that has attack on them. It also never hurts to over prepare for one's maat fight.

Also to anyone doing a whm maat the easier win is to out heal him than to try and melee him down as it's hard to find and obtain good whm melee gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lithera; 07-31-2014 at 12:40 AM.

well this month there was the whm from sparks... Mr. Coffin. I'd like to see him remain available forever - or another whm trust you can get with sparks. That way every new or returning player will have an easy to acquire whm in their home city
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-31-2014 at 02:08 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This is why XI is dying so badly and why every player lost will never be replaced, why western player numbers at peak are around 500-600 players and everyone wants merges.
    Why is it that every malcontent who hates the game with a burning passion instantly projects that hatred onto everything else? Why is "I hate this, so it's inconceivable that anyone else will like it" so prevalent? I have been hearing this exact same thing for NINE YEARS.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Eminence system:
    Why is the questing eminence system opt-in when it's so important to the game now? Why not unlock it automatically when you exit a town? If you enter a new zone, you have to select that zone quest from the menu. Why? What possible reason is there for such idiocy when it's an integral part of leveling and gearing.
    You're so uppity about the Records of Eminence system being too difficult. Did you ever consider that new players aren't as stupid as you? I honestly wonder how you even figured out the forum software well enough to make your posts in the first place.
    (4)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let's not turn this into a confrontation, please. ^^; Why don't we get back onto the original topic? That being said, even though shouting is (and should be) a valid option, I would like to make one of two recommendations:

1) Make brown chests somewhat more common in GoV areas. In FoV regions I get tons of chests and a good portion are brown chests, so I can generally get "basic" gear as I level up; i.e. NQ Beetle Gear, NQ Cuir gear, etc. However, should I choose to level in a GoV zone like I am now, in Sea Serpent's Grotto, chests are almost always blue and have a lower frequency. While I understand that the prowess for finding chests helps here in getting any chest period, is there a way we can ensure more brown chests and not just a ton of blue ones? Some equipment around my level even when I'm in GoV zones would be handy, and I'd hate to leave zone to re-gear myself frequently and end up losing my prowess buffs like Acc+, Atk+, and Combat/Magic Skill Increase Up.

2) Offer "basic" gear for visible slots like that listed above in FoV chests via Sparks of Eminence. You could do two sets per level gap (say Bronze Harness and Leather sets for the 1-10, etc) and ensure they're just basic NQ gear with nothing but defense on them, enabling players to still remain geared up to level but not giving an advantage over those who choose to get things crafted for +1 versions or more potent gear with stats on them.

I feel either of these two systems will help address that gap in gear, most particularly the second one while still making crafting valuable to those who are leveling and want to do it in a more effective manner. This is just my two cents, however.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Probably my last post since I'm not re-subbing past this month and I'll most likely lose access to the forum so you won't have to argue with my anymore! :P but anyway.
    You don't lose access to the forum until your cookie expires, which it only does if you log out or check your profile once your account is inactive. You won't be able to log in on any new computers, but any computers you've already logged in on will still work.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Sunsplash
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 75
    Hi to Ramzi.
    Job testimony's are available via log in points.
    I guess that could be used as an example of the other person's complaint.
    Who would know that unless they checked that particular moogle for all available prizes?
    That source doesn't come up on the wiki.
    I enjoyed getting the drop though.
    The items for the 95 break are there also.

I hear you about the limit breaks. I haven't tried the 50 and 65 one's recently but with three NPC's I would guess I wouldn't have much probs with the first one, if I was careful with avoiding links.
    Someone said the 65 is still rough since the NPC's ran out of MP, almost makes me want to go try it for myself.

Also I know levelling a new job to beat Maat isn't for everyone, it worked for me since I love levelling War anyway.
    Did you follow the advice on the shattering stars wiki page for mnk?

Looks like they're introducing a guide to available quests for player's level this month.
    Hopefully she'll be back to find fault with it.
    Onward!
    (0)

Character
    Sunsplash
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    well this month there was the whm from sparks... Mr. Coffin. I'd like to see him remain available forever - or another whm trust you can get with sparks. That way every new or returning player will have an easy to acquire whm in their home city
    I agree completely. Coffin is a superb boost to anyone's enjoyment of the game.
    Should be a permanent fixture.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glodean View Post
    Hi to Ramzi.
    Job testimony's are available via log in points.
    I guess that could be used as an example of the other person's complaint.
    Who would know that unless they checked that particular moogle for all available prizes?
    That source doesn't come up on the wiki.
    I enjoyed getting the drop though.
    The items for the 95 break are there also.

I hear you about the limit breaks. I haven't tried the 50 and 65 one's recently but with three NPC's I would guess I wouldn't have much probs with the first one, if I was careful with avoiding links.
    Someone said the 65 is still rough since the NPC's ran out of MP, almost makes me want to go try it for myself.

Also I know levelling a new job to beat Maat isn't for everyone, it worked for me since I love levelling War anyway.
    Did you follow the advice on the shattering stars wiki page for mnk?

Looks like they're introducing a guide to available quests for player's level this month.
    Hopefully she'll be back to find fault with it.
    Onward!
    The reason most don't point to the log in campaign is because most of the list changes each time. Also they're normally plastered on PoL, or BG wiki. If someone doesn't post something about the current campaign on here.

You don't even have to fight on the lv 50 limit break anymore. The only two hard parts for the 65 would be getting the crimson orb KI and learning the password for the castle. Always nice to bring a friend for distracting the nms as people still camp them for scrolls.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've seen testimonies on the login campaign before, but they are not available now unfortunately. I was going to wait to see if they added them next month, but I was determined to beat the old fart on Monk, so I went and killed about 2 dozen Orc Champions until I got another testimony, and I proceeded to kick his ass on my next try. I went in more prepared, with capped evasion and h2h skill this time, so I'd have a better chance. I also caved in and bought opo necklace to get 1500 TP to start the fight. I shouldn't say I kicked his ass- it was still close, but I won.

Then something strange happened. I went to do mission 5-1 (the skeletons in Fe'yin), and I read the testimonies on the wiki saying it was a joke with NPC's, so I went in, buffed up, and went to call my NPC's. "You cannot use trust magic at this time" .... so can you use trust for these battlefields or not? I am going to fight Shadowlord next, and I would like to know before I go whether I will be able to call my trusts for help or not.

Keep in mind this is just my mule, but everything is new to me since it's been years since I did this on my main, and it was all party based then. Completely different now.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast