Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Dragons are off limits, but these monsters are birds, beast, amorphs, etc.

Sup beast community, SE, and devs^^

Well, the whole dragon jug pet thing stirred up quite a debate; drgs did not feel it was fair, SE viewed it as invading drg territory and so forth. However, iirc, these mobs are well within bst's ecosystem. With that being said, I have a few questions;

What is the deal with magical pets and monsters that posses magical/special normal attacks?

I noticed that these monsters cast magic and are usually blms. We have no true mage pets, save the non-casting frog. Imo, it would be interesting to have a mage pet; perhaps add a new dimension to bst.

Flans are natural wildlife and are part of beast's ecosystem hence are fair game imo. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Flans

Also;

These 5 are birds, beast, vermin, lizards, and aquans respectively, which are part of bst's ecosystem as-well.

Harpeia are birds, simple enough. For the most part, these are usually mages. Surprisingly, this monster has no broken moves. A beast -esque garuda. These mobs have powerful tp attacks, by far the best bird mob.

Yztargs are located in kahmir drifts; beastruction is definitely broken, bonebreaking barrage should be adjusted, the hp down will not land on crap that mattered. Iirc, megascissors was adjusted in monstrosity; from %hp based to 300% dmg? I do not see an issue with this guy. Hits like a truck. These things have some sweet animations, I would take these over any beast, including the the legendary big boys or the anticipated opo-opo.

Flans are non-charamble, but so were Falcorr, Raphie, Ibuki, and the toads.

Panopots are charmble.

Craklaws are aquans. Sundering Snip; need I say more?

Mantids are vermin. Would take this over a scorpion personally.

Matamata are lizards. The stuns on these and the craklaw are far from broken. Originally, I believed they could lead to an bst army constantly stunning crap, but while fighting these, it does not a proc on occasions and they tend to favor the front attacks (The crabs from my experience). The duration of the stun is pretty short as-well.

I noticed that these monsters are within bst's ecoysystem and are rather special, which is way I singled them out. They are pretty unique to say the least. Bst deserve something unique and worthwhile for a change, we have bean hearing no all month long, some solid pets would surely cheer everyone up. These are not dragons, skeletons, etc, but within beasts ecosystem.

Imo, there is some serious potential with casting pets. The majority of our jugs are melee, but in reality, some monsters are not necessarily melee oriented. The others have special -esque attacks, but that is no reason to hold them back.

SE, how do you feel about these guys? Or pets with special normal attacks/casting pets? Surely I am not the only bst hoping for these in jug form^^ Currently, this appears to be a new trend for monsters. Several of them use special strikes, Can we have them?

They are well within our ecosystem, whats the deal with special strikers and mage pets? Why were normal monsters such as yztargs, craklaws, mantids, matamata glossed over in favor of other SoA mobs that repeated, such as rabbits, crabs, and mandies? Harpeia are also special strikers; what the deal with these birds? Why haven't any casting jugs been relased (Panopots, flans, harpeia or hecteyes)?
    (5)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-28-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Cut out the extra B.S to get stright to the point, lol.

Player
    These pets should be incredibly powerful, and come with R.E.M. Axes. (usable every 30 minutes and the pet should last 30 minutes.
    (1)

Player
    I would welcome specialty jugs zombie, but yes, these monsters are extremely powerful^^ I singled out these guys because they appear to be the strongest and possess the most utility out of their entire family^^ SE completely glossed over these guys when releasing jugs. I mean, come on SE, you have been throwing our suggestions to the side all month long, no dragons, no level cap removal, at least work with us on the jugs. What beast is better than a yztarg? What bird is better than a harpeia? What aquan is better than a craklaw? These guys are more than dd, they can do things no other mob in their family can (Other than Nakuuls) which gives them added utility.

My thinking is this; powerful monsters such as the aforementioned should NOT be off-limits; NO MONSTER WITHIN THE BST'S ECOSYSTEM SHOULD BE OFF LIMITS^^.

If SE has to make these guys hard/harder to obtain, so be. You wanna be the best, naturally, you have to put in work. The problem is this, THE CURRENT PETS SHOULD BE FREE BECAUSE THEY AIN'T WORTH CRAP. No disrespect SE, but you have been quite bad with our jug selection from 2003-2014. The best jug was chosen by players.

SE, stop being afraid to give us beneficial monsters . You are only policing beastmasters, hence will only see our untapped potential as "game breaking" while sams and rngs are walking by/getting off.

Bst needs powerful pets; plain and simple.

Excuses: Those Yztarg attacks stun on occasions.

Answer: So what? Sam's gain tp within seconds.

Excuses: Yztarg have powerful attacks.

Answer: So what? sams can ws and skill-chain for 10k+ dmg in delve. Can a Yztarg do 10k ready move damage with a restricted meter? Exactly.

Excuses: Harpeia have powerful attacks.

Answer: Sam's attacks are stronger and they gain tp faster; ready meter restricts us to approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds for the powerful stuff. Guess how many ws can sam can fire off in 2 minutes and 30 seconds? Yea, I don't feel like counting neither, too many.....

Excuses: Harpeia can cast magic,

Answer: Yea.....some animals do that............

Excuses: Harpeia are rather large.

Answer: So is rahpie, galka, and titan and there are all in-game.

We want those special/unique pets^^ The ones' whom cast or stun, reduce tp, and defense down on normal attacks. Come on SE, give us bst something fresh and useful for once.
    (2)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-29-2014 at 03:24 AM.

I totally support all these pets. BST needs to stop sucking somehow. These might help.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    I just want to put a vote against locking anything that goes towards fixing the job into a R/E/M. I'm sick of their fixes being via items. Jug pet ilvl, Satchets and Divinators are bs. Utter BS. Pet food too.

If you're willing to admit that there's something broken then fix it with actual, concrete fixes.
    (8)

Agreed.
    Tons of great jug ideas.
    I really feel for soloers and casual pet job players that don't get an opportunity for the 119 pet stuff. And when a player does get them, chances are they were on another job in the event, and afterwards they still don't get to use them in anything worthwhile.
    (2)

Player
    or 117 pets. For some reason Magneto is locked behind Delve.

I don't know why we had to be 110, 115 and 117 instead of the 113 117 119 tier all the other weapons come in.
    (0)

Player
    As for magic pets, I used to love charming a Hecteyes and using Sic. Having them cast some random magic spell just felt so much more interesting. They pull from a finite list of spells, by the behaviour of some of the mobs, having a pet that can cast a few things wouldn't be too broken (or at all broken, is them casting a Fire V really going to be too OP, with the cast time, chance for interruption and probably crappy MACC/MAB they possess?)

Be a bit more unique than a "OMG NEW SHEEP COLOUR SO OP" pet that you're suggesting.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    I just want to put a vote against locking anything that goes towards fixing the job into a R/E/M. I'm sick of their fixes being via items. Jug pet ilvl, Satchets and Divinators are bs. Utter BS. Pet food too.

If you're willing to admit that there's something broken then fix it with actual, concrete fixes.
    Yeah this. No locking pets to REM... BST shouldn't require it to be playable.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Greetings Beastmasters,

I think if I saw a Beastmaster summon any of the pets you suggested I would turn and run straight in the opposite direction!

When it comes to these larger-sized monsters, many of them have auto-attacks and movement animations that are different than your average, run of the mill monsters, so it would be tricky to make them charmable or summonable with jugs in various areas.

Additionally, for monsters such as Harpeia, Yztarg, and Gnolls, lore-wise they are supposed to have intelligence that is close to humans, and as such they cannot be made into pets.

With that said though, we will continue to add a variety of new jug pets as we move forward, but please understand that there are some monsters that we cannot add as pets.
    (10)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast