Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    I agree with SE on this topic... Besides the monsters mentioned in the OP have very little to offer us with regards to the current state of the game. I feel you guys are just looking at monsters and judging them based off how menacing/bad-ass they look without actually considering how useful they would be.
    I can find more useful monsters that we can already charm or pets we used to have as jugs before the level cap:

Lizards

Notable Abilities
    Infrasonics: Conal Evasion Down -25%, Duration 3:00

Giant Bats

Notable Abilities
    Ultrasonics: AOE Evasion Down -25, Duration ~3:00
    Subsonics: AOE Defense Down -25%, Duration ~90 seconds

Slugs

Notable Abilities
    Corrosive Ooze: Attack Down-33%, Defense Down-33%, duration 70~90 seconds
    Purulent Ooze: Bio, Max HP-10%

Beetles

Notable Abilities
    Hi-Freq Field: Conal Evasion Down -25%, Duration ~3:00(Overwrites itself)
    Oddly enough, PanzerGalahad (HQ Beetle Lv 63) has this ability but he caps at 75.

Dhalmel

Notable Abilities
    Sonic Wave: Conal Defense Down-50%, Duration 3:00~3:30
    Berserk: Attack+50%,Defense-50%, Duration 3:00
    Healing Breeze: AOE HP recovery similar to wild carrot.Dhalmels in Abyssea-Altepa recover 750~1300 HP.

Dhalmel jug alone would be absurdly powerful. I can't see SE adding such a jug unless it was tied to R/E/M or some other Hard to achieve item and I honestly wouldn't mind at all.
    (0)

Player
    ^^Not understanding what you are trying to say;

Are you saying that the monsters listed in the OP are not powerful and we are solely basing this off of looks? Well, I am a dd-fanatic; Olor can tell you that^^ I am against any non damaging jug and all of the the ones you listed, save the dhamel (Whom is large according to SE, so it is a no-go, but you agree with SE iirc) are not useful nor damaging. You also failed to mention the tiger and falcorr, whom are light years more useful than a lizard, the normal beetle, giant bat, or slug. Heck, I would take droopy over a big bat, normal beetle, and another lizard. With the exception of the dhamel (Whom is too big according to SE) the rest are pretty sub-par. Not trying to dismiss your input or nothing like that, but pet buffs rarely (If at all) land on bosses. You are also missing some families as-well. I would love a beetle, but non the normal ones in your post.

If you want to go small ball; I would personally take these guys with no complaints.

Whirling Inferno: Deals fire damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from target. Additional effects: Weakened physical attacks, weakened defense, inability to recover from KO.

Train Fall: Deals 600% physical damage. Additional effect: HP Drain

(Already pigmy sized) Slaverous Glandelivers a 5-fold earth-based physical attack to enemies in front of the caster.

Rhinowrecker: Deals physical damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from caster. Additional effects: Defense Down, Knockback. This is the stronger beetle, pet debuffs are not reliable (Hi-Freq Field), even on VTs and ITs in monstrosity, let alone bosses. Rhinowrecker deals insane damage on VTs and ITs.

Vicious Claw: Heavy Damage Single target attack.

All moves were hitting me like a truck.

(Already pigmy sized) Adjust Gnash like Megascissors to a specific number damage percentage. Gnash is stronger than Seismic Tail (300% damage), so make gnash say, 600% damage or something.

Iirc, the slug's special abilities are strictly debuff; not necessarily damaging.

I would place lizards on the lower tier of dd-jugs; also, infrasonics does not land on bosses.

Giant bats are poor dd and its' most beneficial moves are debuffs. A bat trio with train fall would have been a better choice.

No clue why SE would release a normal beetle when we can have this http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ga...etle_%28MON%29. Are you familiar with rhinowrecker? One of the best tp moves out there.

Not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but I would be steaming if SE released another lizard, big bat, slug, and a normal beetle when there are better sub-species or monsters in general that have not been released. The monsters I listed in the OP have much to offer^^ You are saying tp reduction, stun, and defense down on normal hits does not offer much? Are you familiar with the mobs I listed? They also have special moves that blow a lizard, slug, big bat, dhamel, and normal beetle out of the water. Not sure if you are serious brah......

We have a tool in-game which gives us a reasonable hint as to which pets are crappy and which are good. I will tell you this, lizards, big bats, and slugs, are not very damaging in monstrosity with buffs, doubt they will amount to much as jugs, in native form that is. Bst are one-handed dds, we need dd pets, not debuffs that will most likely miss a target. I will give you that dhamel, but there is no way a dhamel is more useful than any of the jugs in the OP. Perhaps you should fight a few for fun and you will see why bst are asking for these.
    (2)
    Last edited by WoW; 08-03-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What's not useful about the monsters in the OP? Furthermore, what's wrong with wanting menacing bad-ass pets within reason? If you're going to claim someone is only looking at it from a visual standpoint, at least go indepth as to why their attacks aren't beneficial. Otherwise, leave out the personal judgment of what you think someone else's point of view is and just talk about your stance on the issue.

I think everything posted is a good idea. We need bat pets, snapweed, and other monsters that aren't mentioned. I don't want repeats of jugs we had before, unless it's a different subspecies with a different job/traits/access to their subspecies moves.

In my opinion, it makes more sense for them just to uncap all pets with notorious monster names and turn Beast Affinity into a combination of +monster correlation/+killer effect to the pet summoned. Doing this would give a huge amount of the pets that have been specifically asked for in this thread without starting from scratch. Leaving development to add new species to fill in the blanks like bats, dhalmels, snapweeds, etc.

And even if they decided the more sentient mobs aren't full control jugs. What happened to the "Odin/Alexander-type" pets? [Job Manifesto] Placed on the same 5 minute timer like Blue Mage's Unbridled Wisdom.

I personally think there is room for both ideas. I agree with the manifesto's vision. To broaden types of pets and provide assistance to party members.

I think all the passion they put into unique Trusts and MON's in Monstrosity show they are capable of balancing it correctly. It's just a matter of wanting to.
    (4)

Player
    ^^I agree with this on so many levels.

SE? Some creativity please? As opposed to "Ok crew, behemoths are too big, lets not implement them" I mean, odin and alex are pretty large. Also, diabolos has a nasty wingspan.

I made a older thread pertaining to the implied bst JA; give us call beast 2 or something, which allows us to call forth the large jugs on a timer. Have the monster do a aoe buff (That hits pets and pt)or powerful attack then disappear. This http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...D%93-Manifesto, was an awesome idea, had me pumped^^ However, like all of their pet job promises and the more recent "Pet jobs will out-do standard dd" it is a bunch of false promises giving us hope so we can cool off/stay subbed. Use your creativity for crying out loud; stop throwing these repeats/crappy jugs at us; it aint working. I don't plan on renewing in a few days if ppl are not interested in player input.
    (1)

yeah gonna agree with WoW, his suggested pets are way better than Mavrick's... seriously will be POed if we just get a bunch of repeats. Uncap the jugs, don't give us crap like that.

That said I still want a Twitherym pet.

Blackout - deals damage and inflicts paralysis, blindness, and silence to targets within area of effect
    Slice 'n' Dice - deals long-range physical damage that inflicts Choke status
    Tempestuous Upheaval - Deals Wind damage to enemies within area of effect.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    I'd like all those pets with some un-touched debuffs. Square cries utility all the time, having pets with actual bloody utility would be amazing.
    (5)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4