Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gnolls? Who mentioned a gnoll? What about cracklaws, matamatas, mantids and panopts?

At any rate nice to see you in the thread... so uh... when we getting significant updates that allow us to suck less in content that matters?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Cracklaws, Matamatas and Mantids fall into the range of "Weird AutoAttacks".

I just think at 99 we'd have more of a capacity to charm bigger, more intelligent beasts.

It's going to be another sheep and another crab. Please look forward to it.
    (3)

Player
    First and foremost, thanks for replying^^

As it pertains to the pets; I don't really care anymore, in a way, I saw this coming.

Monstrosity > beastmaster anyway. I will just wait for the next mon update; hanging up my axe for good.

There is nothing beastly about bst in XI; previous titles had much more interesting pets; some even called forth dragons and behemoths iirc.

When ppl see a bst pet; they should run in fear or be intimated.

Anyway, thanks for the reply Grekumah^^
    (0)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Additionally, for monsters such as Harpeia, Yztarg, and Gnolls, lore-wise they are supposed to have intelligence that is close to humans, and as such they cannot be made into pets.
    But... From a lore perspective all of the races are able to be charmed, so...
    (11)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    But... From a lore perspective all of the races are able to be charmed, so...
    I demand a TaruTaru Jug Pet.
    (5)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I totally agree with SE not adding Dragon pets. In Role-playing Lore, Dragons are the oldest creatures in all worlds, they are the most intelligent creatures by far, and also they have magical abilities that rival the greatest mages.
    These factors would mean that Dragons are simply too old, smart and magical to fall prey to "charm." They are not "beasts" in the sense of wild animals, which are the Beastmaster's traditional charm target, and replicated in the jugpets. Dragons are more like ancient gods. Whenever Dragons have served people, it has always been by choice - for example Dragon-Riders were able to use Dragons as battle steeds because the Dragons respected the rider and shared a common cause. Sometimes a powerful wizard would enslave a Dragon - but usually this would backfire and the wizard would perish, because Dragons are smart enough to break spellbonds soon enough.
    Some of the other mobs mentioned here are more realistic and interesting, and would fit the Beastmaster's professional profile better.

Also I agree with the other posters who enjoyed charming hecteyes for the interesting Sic list, they were always one of my favourite charm mobs too!
    (0)

Player
    Behemoths? They have to be dumb, Beastmen enslaved them during the Crystal War as war creatures.
    (3)

Player
    They also have Dragon pets. I don't know why the Orcs are so much more charismatic than us people (Apart from galka, that's obvious.)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I totally agree with SE not adding Dragon pets. In Role-playing Lore, Dragons are the oldest creatures in all worlds, they are the most intelligent creatures by far, and also they have magical abilities that rival the greatest mages.
    These factors would mean that Dragons are simply too old, smart and magical to fall prey to "charm." They are not "beasts" in the sense of wild animals, which are the Beastmaster's traditional charm target, and replicated in the jugpets. Dragons are more like ancient gods. Whenever Dragons have served people, it has always been by choice - for example Dragon-Riders were able to use Dragons as battle steeds because the Dragons respected the rider and shared a common cause. Sometimes a powerful wizard would enslave a Dragon - but usually this would backfire and the wizard would perish, because Dragons are smart enough to break spellbonds soon enough.
    Some of the other mobs mentioned here are more realistic and interesting, and would fit the Beastmaster's professional profile better.

Also I agree with the other posters who enjoyed charming hecteyes for the interesting Sic list, they were always one of my favourite charm mobs too!
    Tell that to the kindred; but anyway, this thread is about beast within the bst bestiary, not dragons. Birds, apes, etc. Also, dragons among others mobs were catch-able in past FF titles by bst.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-31-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Player
    Square hide behind Lore when it suites them. It's been evident for a while.
    (3)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast